New file at the Repository: 12th SS Hitlerjugend (2011-05-25)

I presume you can only use these with the basic game files and not with Veins Germans.

Please clarify for the non-modders--Thanks

If you use this with Veins the officers and crew will stay the way Veins are but the others will change. That is of course as long as this mod loads last.

What I found was that when I loaded a German infantry platoon and extra MG assets, using Veins German mod with the Hitler Jugend both in "Z" I ended up with a total mixture of the 2 in all units. But using the Stock uniform set and Hitler Jugend togther all troops were equipped with HJ kit apart from the Company Commander who was in fact not nude but in stock game kit.

• 9 months later...
I love this one.. would you consider making an update for CW so that we could have propper SS as the 12th SS?

I like this mod too, however I do not see any with Helmet covers? Im using a laptop right now and cant really see the helmets that good.

12thss were all issued camo helmet covers. I have been in reenactment groups with the 12thss in PNWHG, and sworn we discussed this. Most of the pictuers shows them with Helmet covers or the very least their stalhelms with the SS sigrunes on one side. But Im pretty sure at least all of the combat Battalions were issued Camo helmet covers.

anyways the DOT pattern looks great. Again its hard to tell but the Italian camo pattern is difficult to see. The green was really a bluishgreen color, with a yellowish green, and a dark redish brown... the picture sorta makes the colors blend the same??? its hard to distinguish the actual Italian camo pattern apart from it being a different pattern then the dot... they should clearly be different IMHO.

Anyways I understand its hard to be exact especially dealing with persons like myself when it comes to uniforms. Anyways if I had a suggestion it would be to actaully look at the Italian camo next to the Dot pattern. By the way the Italian camo pattern was still pretty rare, but was issued as most everyone knows to the 12th SS. due to shortages of the 44 dot.

GR3/3,

Unfortunately there are no helmet covers so far in this mod.. I would love to see that added. The unifroms look great so It would be great to see this also done for the helmets.

Regarding the italian 3 color I think it looks good in game and you definately see the difference from the dot 44.

Long time since Wyseman76 posted on the forum so I doubt he will make an update for this mod. I gave it a try myself to get the same camo for the new SS helmets... the result was a disaster to put i mildly.

Any talanted moder who likes to work on uniforms that would consider to make the helmets to complement this mod? That would be awesome.

well then just use the Commonwealth Module helmet cover with Wysemans textures, there's nothing wrong with them.

Besides, while he did an incredible job retexturing the M43 uniform, he did make a number of mistakes in terms of historical correctnes.

Besides Besides, both CW Waffen-SS and LW truppen get a helmet model from an earlier development stage of the game (there was some nagging about it before CMBN was released and BF fixed it), so there's a good chance they'll replace the model and thus an entirely different texture file would have to be modified.

The uniforms were so mixed/bolluxed up at Normandy, it's hard to say there are "inaccuracies". It's not like there was an actual uniform "uniform" from the pics we see...

I still use the 12th SS uniforms with great affection... However, the new helmet mods are better.

Well some things like collar tabs on the pea dot 44 tunic are just wrong. Simply didn't exist, believe me.

Also the collar tabs themselves are wrong. Only officers (Untersturmführer and higher had white surroundings of the collar tabs. NCOs had white surrounding of the collar (not the collar tab!) and enlisted men had plain white color tabs.

Also the eagle on the pea dot uniform is wrong.

The pea dot '44 tunic that is delivered with the Commonwealth module is entirely correct.

And while there were about a dozen different pieces of clothing worn by the Waffen-SS forces in Normandy, each of them can be clearly identified and correctly implemented.

One thing I notice from WW2 pics (of combat troops) is that it is very rare/very hard to see ANY patches denoting rank or anything else.

While I love the mods with helmet icons and collar tabs etc. (and am happy to use em) I get the sense that in RL the experienced combat troops made sure none of that was visible, and they were as anonymous as possible.

Well, with the pea dot '44 uniform collar tabs (SS rank insignia) was simply not issued.

Not sure if you are correct about the rank insignia being made invisible during combat. Most photos I know (in which you can see uniforms that HAVE rank insignia) show men with visible rank insignia.

Well, with the pea dot '44 uniform collar tabs (SS rank insignia) was simply not issued.

Not sure if you are correct about the rank insignia being made invisible during combat. Most photos I know (in which you can see uniforms that HAVE rank insignia) show men with visible rank insignia.

As a reenactor we strive for authenticity. I dont like being the bad guy here, but the Dot untiform was what we call the BDU's for the german Waffen SS. They would primarily only be wearing their grey service shirt underneath.

The only insignia they wore was on the Left Sleeve which would have been the eagle and Swastica, denoting them as being withthe Waffen SS as they were the only branch of service to wear the eagle on the left upper-mid portion of the sleeve. (go to At the Front.com)

It would have been very difficult to determine an officer's rank while wearing the dot pattern, so many officers would have worn their grey Tunics' with rank with a "Smock" over that.

There are many of us here that would love to assist when it comes to making uniforms..... authentic.

So not sure you can but would it be possible to change officers and NCO's out of the Dot tunics and into Dot pants, wool pants and grey tunic with smocks? the collars were mostly visible while wearing the smocks.

Please to the original poster and others, dont take this as a griping, but we just want to help.

Sincerely,

Juergen.

Well there is a specific model for SS officers. They wear jackboots, breeches, a tunic with collar tabs making him a Sturmfuehrer (can't say which exactly). BF said they'd like to make rank specific textures, but ATM it's not possible.

Besides, many officers in Normandy wore highly customized camo clothing. They could just go to a divisional tailor with some camo cloth and get whatever they wanted.

And would only have the special camo rank insignia on the upper sleeves, no collar tabs.