Murphy's Laws of Combat Mission

I've seen Murphy's Laws of Combat, but how about of Combat Mission?

In my case:

The woods/concealment are closer to the enemy.

The best and tallest building is closer to the enemy.

The flag is closer to the enemy.

I get to run across the open field.

His gun is better than my armour.

His armour is better than my gun.

I'm sure the old timers have a LOT more.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recon with infantry, there is a MG42 waiting. If I recon with armor, there is a PAK 75 waiting.

If I assault with both, both are waiting, with artillery support.

Any shot that does not kill a Sherman outright will invariably knock out the main gun or immobilize it, or both.

You just put a hour of time working on a very evil detail map, tornado warning, wife closes down the computer without saving. I live in Nothern California? History making storm while i sit in a closet for almost two hours! I only need an earthquake now.

Sounds like you need to tell the insurance company your pc blew away and buy a laptop :)

When being gamey and dropping pre-planned artillery on a known/suspected enemy stronghold, the artillery will fall at least 50m off target.

When under fire and in need of smoke or artillery rickity tick, the only available FO will be a Green platoon leader who will take 4 minutes to call it in.

Mortar rounds and grenades rarely bother to drop on squads that are not tightly packed.

If your attack is going well, your computer is probably about to crash.

If you see a spotting round from a mortar and direct your men to run for safety, whichever direction you choose will be that of the main barrage.

The AT round that kills your tank will always hit a split-second before it would have been safely out of the gun's LOS.

The last two guys in an enemy squad will take longer to kill and cause you more casualties than the first ten combined.

Turn 3: While moving my front line squads to contact my HMG team waits in the rear along some bocage. It's a nice, out-of-the-way spot to have a smoke before being called up to the line. The 1st squad moving out of cover draws a burst of fire from a sharp-eyed MG42 Gunner somewhere around Hamburg. The burst misses its intended target but one round passes through 2 very narrow breaks in the bocage, over a fence and takes out my HG gunner who has just lit his Lucky Strike. It drops him like a sack of spuds. The MG team looks for the water cooled mg only to discover that it was also hit and now useless.