Help !!! "Steel Box damaged in transit"

Received the much awaited Strrl Box today. Unfortunately, it was damaged in transit. The Steel (plastic really) Box is cracked, dented and warped as received. I know that it is sold out...but I hope I can get a replacement. Order# 00235217 Date ordered:10-Mar-2011

Should I send back the damaged Steel Box? The contents (disk & manual) seem fine.

Help...Help ...Help

Thanks

Stingray,

I'm sorry to see the new padded envelopes didn't stop one of the gorillas from breaking your box. I had a UPS forklift drive a PC tower into a loading dock (or something like that) many years ago and the damage was "impressive". So I sympathize!

I've forwarded this thread to Moon. However, if you sent an email to sales that will get to him too.

Quick note... the spine also has a little strip of steel on it.

As someone who has some knowledge of where steel prices have gone over the past few years (for example, my steel roof on my house!) I shudder to think what a 100% steel box would cost! Thank God copper has at least come down in price some. Don't get me started on Gold and Silver prices. Thankfully I don't do home renovations with those metals :D

Steve

Stingray,

I'm sorry to see the new padded envelopes didn't stop one of the gorillas from breaking your box. I had a UPS forklift drive a PC tower into a loading dock (or something like that) many years ago and the damage was "impressive". So I sympathize!

I've forwarded this thread to Moon. However, if you sent an email to sales that will get to him too.

Quick note... the spine also has a little strip of steel on it.

As someone who has some knowledge of where steel prices have gone over the past few years (for example, my steel roof on my house!) I shudder to think what a 100% steel box would cost! Thank God copper has at least come down in price some. Don't get me started on Gold and Silver prices. Thankfully I don't do home renovations with those metals :D

Steve

Thanks for your quick response. Your customer support is tops in my book. Love the game...love the Steel Boxes too. Hope there is a spare one available. If not no biggee...

Steve

You are probably paying the same for the plastic as you would for actual metal, unless you are using really cheap plastic. Hell, shouldn't you KNOW what they would have cost you?

Whatever, I'm a sucker, but I thought steel box meant steel box. I ought to know by now that XXX does not mean XXX or anything like XXX. If it were tin I could live with it. Plastic? I wouldn't have bothered. I was going to use it for something other than storing the game disks, but I'll go get a used cigar box now.

Very disappointing, if true. Also very believable. Great game, horrible advertising. I'm such a schmuck. :(

As someone who has some knowledge of where steel prices have gone over the past few years (for example, my steel roof on my house!)

Steve

Ah-ha! The truth is come out! CMBN costs so much to let Steve recoup the cost of his designer steel roof! Had he picked asphalt shingles, CMBN would have only been $59 USD...

Of course, if he runs into serious trouble with repairs, he can always pry loose a few shingles to patch up the Weasel. Always thinking ahead, that man...

You are probably paying the same for the plastic as you would for actual metal, unless you are using really cheap plastic. Hell, shouldn't you KNOW what they would have cost you?

Whatever, I'm a sucker, but I thought steel box meant steel box. I ought to know by now that XXX does not mean XXX or anything like XXX. If it were tin I could live with it. Plastic? I wouldn't have bothered. I was going to use it for something other than storing the game disks, but I'll go get a used cigar box now.

Very disappointing, if true. Also very believable. Great game, horrible advertising. I'm such a schmuck. :(

If you read the thread you'd find out the front and back are steel....

Is this sarcasm? It was plainly advertised as a Steelbook. Granted I had never heard of a Steelbook before, and upon first hearing "Steelbook" I thought it would be similar to the tin box of Band of Brothers. But I looked it up before pre-ordering and apparently it's a nicer case for movies, and a number of people are collecting them. However, I never expected Battlefront to treat me like some incompetent fool who is incapable of looking up on my own what a Steelbook is, so I don't see how this is their fault.

underworld-steelbook-outside.jpg

It's kind of obvious here that the whole box is not a metallic material.