Help !!! "Steel Box damaged in transit"

I read this: "The Steel (plastic really) Box "

I read this: "it is plastic instead of steel"

I read this: "The front and back are steel. The sides and spine are plastic"

but somehow I thought that said the opposite - that it was the reverse of that. Of course, I haven't received it yet, but I didn't expect plastic at all.

Why should anyone have to do research on a simple compound word? Steel and book means book made of steel, lol. If it is so that we are fools if we do not research every claim made by a trusted source, then I truly am a schmuck!

Hey, maybe I'm wrong and I'll think quite highly of the thing when I receive it. That won't allay the feeling of being duped. I would prefer: SteelBookW/Plastic heheh

But like I say before, Whatever.... :rolleyes:

I like the package. We know the whole thing couldn't be steal because that would probably damage the physical media of the discs at risk. It seems a pretty good compromise to me and for one have no complaints.

The Quake3 box was all metal.

Still have it, useful to hold spare plugs and capacitors :)

Received the much awaited Strrl Box today. Unfortunately, it was damaged in transit. The Steel (plastic really) Box is cracked, dented and warped as received. I know that it is sold out...but I hope I can get a replacement. Order# 00235217 Date ordered:10-Mar-2011

Should I send back the damaged Steel Box? The contents (disk & manual) seem fine.

Help...Help ...Help

Thanks

We'll need a photo of the damaged box. Please go to www.battlefront.com/helpdesk and click on Submit Ticket. You can upload the photo there. We should be able to send you a replacement.

I had tested what it takes to damage the box myself with some of the samples we had received, and you basically have to jump with your full body weight or drive over it. There are plastic parts in the box but it's quite sturdy.

Having worked as a purchasing agent for a few years, I can believe it was damaged in transit. You wouldn't believe some of the damage I have seen done to welded steel frames bolted into crates made from 2x4's :P I swear they could break the horn off an anvil if given a chance!

I had tested what it takes to damage the box myself with some of the samples we had received, and you basically have to jump with your full body weight or drive over it. There are plastic parts in the box but it's quite sturdy.

Moon,

you have a truely awesome job there. Besides getting all the cool stuff you guys develop for yourself you are probably invited to investigate other companies products(presented by supermodels). And now you tell us you drive your car over package. If you ever think of quitting just let me know... :)

Got mine yesterday in tiptop shape, and I have to say I was pleased with the box. It does look like the Underworld box, so the rest of you can get a solid idea of what you've ordered.

I do sort of wonder what will become of the add-on module discs if I leave the manual in there rattling around though...

I received mine today in pristine condition. And don't she look sweet! Unfortunately I had to check it's toughness out and discovered that it isn't bullet proof. C'mon Battle Front! I'd think you would have made these sturdy enough to be conbat resistant!

;)