Just a small thread of gratitude

Now that the demo is being analyzed and some (depending on your standpoint and experiences) flaws are coming to light I'd like to post a small thank you to all of the staff, beta testers, and everyone else who have worked hard to provide the community such an awesome series.

Are there some problems?

Of course, there never will be a perfect game released by BF or anyone else for that matter.

Is it different than CMx1?

Very much so, but it seems like the heart and soul of CM has remained. I still get that gut sinking feeling when the first shots rings out and pulling off a last second, game winning, charge still gives me giggles like a little school girl.

No matter what your opinion of CM:BN is, there is no denying the hard work and love of wargaming that drove this product from an idea over 10 years ago to the outstanding game we have now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, let it be said once and for all!

To my mind Battlefront has already delivered gaming goodness for several lifetimes. Every day from now on that they keep on working is a gift, a bonus a treat.

Insufferable fanboy? I guess. But what can you say when pretty much all your gaming requirements has been fulfilled for the last 12 years by one company, at a price that is roughly what I have to spend to rent my apartment for to weeks. The value for money is simply ridiculous.

And now with QB force picking back in the game I have to strain myself to not burst out in spontaneous fits of giggeling at work :)

/M.

I'm with these lads!

Although I did enjoy CM:SF also. An idle thought trickled through what passes for a brain. Could we use the map tiles from CM:BN and the equipment from the various modules of CM:SF and have a modern Normandy? Hunting Leopards with Challengers and M1's might be a bit safer than hunting Tigers with Cromwells and M4's.

No. Too many beta testers tend to denigrate me and make me feel inadequate because they have the full game while I only have the demo. The heckling has caused much weeping and gnashing of teeth. Some of the beta testers have been proven to be evil (Rune) and the rest smell like dirty feet. Therefore, I am only thanking Moon because he is patient with us miscreants.

+1 here on the original post! This is the game I've been waiting for since Close Combat 1.0 MANY years back!!! ... Then came along Combat Mission ... and since, then I have always wished there was a way to somehow combine the best of both of these games. So far from what I can see in the Demo, BF has gone BEYOND those wildest expectations!!

I think we have a foundation that will provide some incredible WWII gaming for many years to come!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. Great game, you've got me for life.

Now, back to eagerly awaiting the chance to play the missions from the CMBO demo. Chance Encounter is a cert but I don't think I ever saw an updated Valley of Death in the other games. It was the sight of artillery destroying buildings on that map that hooked me into these games in the first place.

I concur with everything that Barrold said on the First Impressions thread (http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1261508&postcount=476)

After a great deal of intensive internal dialogue after playing the demo and debating the changes from CMX1 I am ready to provide a balanced and nuanced disposition on the quality of the new game and my anticipation for the full release.

It is as follows:

Hootchie Mama!!!!

Great Googlie Mooglie!!!!

Thanks to all those who made this possible.

BFS5