CMBN already taking its toll

Last night my wife gave a wink and a smile and asked if I would come to bed early. My inclination was to play one more turn and retire. Needless to say some 20 turns and 2 hours later she was asleep with all intentions of staying that way. This morning the reception was cool to say the least .... Oh well BF, I hope your happy .... I know I am :)

Ya know, you coulda jumped on and then returned to the game; it still would have been there when you were done "tucking in the missus." Generally the order I do things in, actually.

One of the few situations in life where you can have your cake and eat it, too, so to speak...

you guys are killing me... LOL My Fiancee told me if BF gets in the way she is throwing the CPU out the window... Yesterday I went and bought her, her own computer.. LOL She said this is what she actually wanted and was tired of me taking up her freaking facebook time. LOL Needless to say though... if she gives me the wink... sorry BF... hitting the pause button just like YankeeDog..... Priorities

Yesterday I went and bought her, her own computer..

Hah. That's exactly why I went and got my wife an iPad a few weeks ago. She does most of her real work on the computer during the day and in the evenings when I'm likely to want some game time she just needs something she can surf, email and Facebook on. She actually prefers the iPad for this since she can sit on the couch or the bed or wherever she pleases while using it.

$600 is a small price to pay for marital harmony. :D

[Though I would add, it's a very handy thing to put the .pdf of the CMBN manual on the iPad, for reference while I'm playing without having to shell back out to the desktop. Might have to get myself one of those toys, eventually...]

you guys are killing me... LOL My Fiancee told me if BF gets in the way she is throwing the CPU out the window... Yesterday I went and bought her, her own computer.. LOL She said this is what she actually wanted and was tired of me taking up her freaking facebook time. LOL Needless to say though... if she gives me the wink... sorry BF... hitting the pause button just like YankeeDog..... Priorities

A new laptop!!... That's the ticket .... Hey maybe I can get her interested in CMBN and then we can spend many happy hours playing MP and live happily (with CMBN) ever after ???? Naaah never mind, that'll never work :( ....

Hah. That's exactly why I went and got my wife an iPad a few weeks ago. She does most of her real work on the computer during the day and in the evenings when I'm likely to want some game time she just needs something she can surf, email and Facebook on. She actually prefers the iPad for this since she can sit on the couch or the bed or wherever she pleases while using it.

I went the remodel the kitchen route which coincidentally is wrapping up right in time for the game. Far higher price tag, but gives me some clearance to argue for spending the money to upgrade the PC. :D

relentless mounting

I do a good bit of gaming in general, and it can sometimes be a bit of an issue.

Fortunately it's rare that the wife sees me this geeked out over anything, and she finds it "cute". So....I at least have a window at the moment for near-total hibernation without too many ramifications.

She does have her own entertainment options but of course they don't replace "quality time".

Hmm. She is very into "period piece" films, and knows that I'm....no so much. May be a good time to start loading the Netflix queue with things like "Emma" :)

[Though I would add, it's a very handy thing to put the .pdf of the CMBN manual on the iPad, for reference while I'm playing without having to shell back out to the desktop. Might have to get myself one of those toys, eventually...]

Yeah no kidding.. I think she was jealous of the computer...LOL Actually she has nothing to be jealous about, but I was happy to accomodate her. :P Although I must say during the summer months and during the week, its difficult to spend the time I want on CMBN, as she hounds me to go places with her... Its hard to say no damn it. :) But on the weekends we have our "Space out Time" she goes shopping while I destroy the crap out of stuff via the wonderfully mastered creation from the Battlefront team!

Damn... thank god she has a good job, or this relationship could get expensive... LOL She is going shopping this weekend with friends.. Yeah!!!

Eh, I dont get too much grief from the other half when it comes to playing the games, just buying them and hardware upgrades, :rolleyes: She just doesnt understand the geek mentality, of we will always want the latest and greatest hardware. But when it came to CM:BN, I put my foot down and asserted my manly-ness and ordered the game without even asking!! :eek: I felt so alive!! :D

PS First ever forum post for me!! And thanks for a great game BF!! Love the whole Combat Mission series!!!

My sweetheart bought me the pre-order for my birthday, I bought her own computer after release of CMBO. Then I bought her a new computer after release of CMSF. This time around a new TV and soon another upgrade for her and my computer. Thanks Battlefront for the help and excuse to be consistent with electronic upgrades in my house and a happy spouse.:)

I'm fortunate to be married to a woman who is a bit of a TV junkie ... after I get the kids to bed I normally have all evening away from Bones or CSI or Parenthood or re-runs of Gilmore Girls or whatever junk she's watching to play CM. But unlike Rocky, when she goes to bed, I go to bed ;)

Needless to say some 20 turns and 2 hours later she was asleep with all intentions of staying that way. This morning the reception was cool to say the least .... Oh well BF, I hope your happy .... I know I am :)

HAHAHAHAH!!!! Same here! They just don't understand!!!! :D

I can tell you are all of "older" mentality. Where is the rest of the multitasking generation?? People like myself play BF while tucking in the missus and doing the bills for the next week.. efficiency!

When you get older, you will understand that there are some things which are best enjoyed with COMPLETE attention and focus. CM, women, good single malt scotch...

Heh, the missus and the twins were at her mothers house last night, so I got in some solid hours oh death and destruction. We have the net instead of cable so I have to share my puter so she can watch Make it or Break it!!!! I hate that show BTW :(

My wife brings me sandwhiches and makes my drinks for me. All I have to do is bring home the bacon and not bother her when she's watching the brain rot she likes.

That'd be Jersey Shore, any of the daytime court bs, or something like Hoarders or Intervention. Ughh just typing the shows names makes me feel dumber. :(

Ya know, you coulda jumped on and then returned to the game; it still would have been there when you were done "tucking in the missus." Generally the order I do things in, actually.

One of the few situations in life where you can have your cake and eat it, too, so to speak...

In hindsight that might have been the prudent course of action, however not without its pitfalls as well. Being engrossed in CMBN the way I was, if I had paused the game to perform my husbandly duties and then at some inopportune time screamed out "Incoming!!!" .... Well the outcome might have been far worse ;)

My wonderful fiance of twelve years loves roll playing games and is as into morrowind as im into cm. when she's done playing, she'll go off and watch all the mind numbing shows mentioned above. Except thursday night we watch the office, parks and recreation, etc. I did get her into top shot, so that's cool. She pretty much hates cm but loves that I'm having fun.

I can tell you are all of "older" mentality. Where is the rest of the multitasking generation?? People like myself play BF while tucking in the missus and doing the bills for the next week.. efficiency!

Hmm, what's the hotkey combination that facilitates that, I wonder? And is it RT or WeGo? :P