Is Demo Golden, Update For Full Game?

Charles, Steve, Moon, Phil and BF Family congrats on a beautiful game.

Wonder if demo is Gold and Full version too(What makes a game Gold?)

Also will You announce soon a possible final release? Especially since first impressions thread over 300 posts.

Thanks again guys.:D

In his demo announcement, Moon said:

PPS. The full version of Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is expected to go gold anytime now, and be made available to customers within the next few days.

That was late Wednesday/early Thursday, so....

"Gold" means the Release Candidate has been deemed "finished" (or more accurately, "acceptable to ship"), and it's ready to be printed to disks and shipped to customers.

So yeah, the demo is Gold+, because we already have it ;)

I've been having a "rolling planned vacation" since mid-April, telling my boss on successive Fridays that "I've got too much going on to take next week off". Today I told him "I finally decided I'll take next week, for sure!" :D

I will being playing the Demo to death this weekend if the Game isn't released today/tonight. But it should be released at least by Tuesday, right?

They've got to release the game before the 21st because that's when the world ends! Well, actually, if its going to end on the 21st what's the point? Steve's probably going to be spending the next few days standing naked in his back yard waiting to be 'raptured' away, just like an infantry unit on an exit zone. :)

There was a thread Franko started back in late April wherein he commented that it would help folks plan for taking time off if there was a rough idea of when the release was coming. Steve said "[w]hen the demo comes out the game should be right behind it. That will give you a warning shot across the bow, so to speak."

I can definitely confirm that there will be no release today. It would have been nice, agreed, and we have been shooting for a friday release for some time, but we want to take the extra days over the weekend to digest the demo first, and make sure everything is prepared just right for the release.

I can definitely confirm that there will be no release today. It would have been nice, agreed, and we have been shooting for a friday release for some time, but we want to take the extra days over the weekend to digest the demo first, and make sure everything is prepared just right for the release.

Ahhhhhh, sweet, sweet release on Monday or Tuesday. ("No no, Honey it's not what you think. I'm talking about a game. No dear, never mind. Go back to sleep.")

Thanks for the heads-up and thanks for making such a kick-ass game with the loving care you guys obviously put into it.

Well, gives time to savor the demo. Plenty to do in there.

Thanks for the update Martin, can plan Saturday / Sunday now and stay away from F5 for a weekend at least.

Cough cough I feel a bug coming on that will likely hit me full on sometime early next week cough cough....

I knew I was hoarding my sick days for a good reason.

Thanks for that . I played with the scenario editor and seemed to me mist and fog wernt working - just saw black between ground and sky - have an Nvidia GT 8800. with latest drivers.

I certainly respect that, and the demo is beefy enough to last a few more days before we all start braying like jackasses again.

Besides, I've got plenty to learn with the demo (like how to be patient and give my mortars a chance to work, and that yes, Panthers are deadly accurate at 1000m so it's really best to not race my Shermans over open terrain like an idiot) and have only played two of the three scenarios so far, so amidst weekend chores and whatnot I'll be plenty occupied.

That said: if you had to recommend one or the other, should I take Monday or Tuesday off? ;)

edit: oh yeah, thanks for the latest update

And you should keep your demo copy installed to recruit new players, who only use the demo, and thus cannot play against a regular copy.

Erik: I replied to your post about my sig, and PM'd as well---don't know if you saw them?

So what you're saying, basically, is you're waiting for me to go on holiday on Monday and leave the country and my internet connection behind? Oh well, I'll have to find something to do in Rome for a week instead. Oh, the Humanity! :D