Battlefront --Question re the Steelbox

Wow, I come home from work to find that the pitchfork tines were being sharpened and the torches lit. :D

Bravura performance on BFC's part for the quick sticky and constant attention here. I have been gaming online since there was an internet, and have NEVER seen developer involvement with the customer at the level that BFC continually provides.

On a side note... I don't care how much extra I have to pay... please oh please don't make me print out my own manual. CM manuals are some of the last vestiges of true gaming paraphanelia left in this instant gratification, gimme gimme gimme world.

I want the 27 color glossy photos with circles and arrows, with a paragraph on the back of each one. :D

-

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up in Mass, so that was mandatory radio broadcasting on all stations on Thanksgiving. I am ashamed to say I've even seen the movie.

Steve

KFOG in San Francisco plays it every Thanksgiving. Even my Japanese wife now marks the season with it. But that's not what I came to tell you about.

I don't think the download is so bad, you can make your own CD/DVD with the installer and just hang onto the serial.

Then just put the digital manual on a netbook/Ipad/etc and have that on your desk when you play. Can't use ctrl+F to search your paper manual can you? :D

If you don't want to deal with customs, it's still pretty easy to get most of the "features" of a hard copy on your own. I almost never buy hard copies anymore.

Everybody should embrace their inner barbarian, storm a castle or coastal village, then settle down to the mundane life of modern society.

Don't quote me on that :D

Steve

Take it from me: villages are MUCH easier than castles.

I grew up in Mass, so that was mandatory radio broadcasting on all stations on Thanksgiving. I am ashamed to say I've even seen the movie.

Steve

Once while doing a Mac Technical Support Job

I had the pleasure of speaking with Arlo Guthrie

(He was genuinely nice to deal with)

After we had resolved the technical issue

I took the opportunity to tell him

Thanksgiving just wasn't Thanksgiving

without "Alice's Restaurant"

How much is the exclusive titanium box with signed pics of the BFC development team?

As long as it comes with a manual, they can slide the disc in like CMBO. ;)

Although I would pay a premium for a mini-footlocker or ammo case disc container, with the mandatory signed pics of the BFC team.

I'm from Spain, and i did a preorder of the steelbox two weeks ago...

It means that i will not get the steel box?.

It doesn't matter if it's shiped from the US with higher price, but i'm interested in the steelbox.

We are not canceling any Preorders unless someone asks us to cancel. Therefore, if you ordered you will get one.

So far the number who have asked to cancel their orders is 2. I think we received more new orders in the last 5 minutes from Europe to balance that out :D

Steve

Given the pleasure CM1 and CM2 have given me for over 10 years, and the thousands of dollars I have saved by NOT buying a dozen crappy cardboard and then computer games every year, I feel if BFC went under and kept my $170 sent them for an early look at CMBN, it would still be well worth it.

Thank you Battlefront. You guys rock!

For those of you who are vacillating on buying the steel book edition:

I´m almost convinced of cancelling the order after watching this "incredible" video, thanks dude

is it too demanding to know the REAL PRICE of the product when you buy something? we are in the XXI century, come on.

I pretty disapointed too about this, in my country (Slovenia) they charge the import tax on whole packet value including postage cost : ( and on top of that also admins fee (UK is not alone in this) so this is going to cost me a lot, so if BF policy is not to offer preorders in EU then i will not make any preorders anymore, i'm not going to cancel the preorder but i will not make any new ones either.

br.

Dr.Jones

It does appear that there is some taxation without representation going on around here. You Brits need to remind your govt of what happened the last time they did that. :D

Wait, you want to increase the price for software? :confused:

Remember, the tea party happened because the tea price was lowered. ;)

I´m almost convinced of cancelling the order after watching this "incredible" video, thanks dude

is it too demanding to know the REAL PRICE of the product when you buy something? we are in the XXI century, come on.

Actually it is too demanding. BFC tell you all the prices within their control (cost of game, cost of shipping), but it is a bit much to expect them to know the details of taxes and import rules for every country they might have to ship to. Taxes change, rules change, some rules make no sense to begin with. And they are inconsistently enforced (as noted before, importing to the UK you may or may not pay VAT depending on whether you get lucky, the VAT rate has changed 3 times in the last 15 months, and the royal mail handling fee isn't predictable even if you know you have to pay it). Any number you wish to quote for how much you will actually have to pay in the UK will probably be wrong - different people will end up paying differing amounts for the exact same thing.

I think it is enough to state the costs in their control and to tell people where products are shipping from, and warn them that they may be liable for extra taxes on imports.

As far as UK customs,VAT etc is concerned I guess a more appropriate title for this thread might have been "Steal Box".

I started this thread and still feel that Battlefront should have been more proactive in clearly warning its international customers of the likely extra costs involved at the actual time of purchase. But I acknowledge that they have now honestly recognised this and offered cancellation options and for this I thank and congratulate them.

Personally , having waited so long and with such anticipation, I shall not cancel but risk all my family fortune and childrens inheritance and allow the postman to convey whatever financial penalties the Government deem appropriate for delivery of the "Steal Box".

I only hope and pray though that this occurs very soon as for someone of my decrepitude (in my 76th year) time and opportunity no longer seem boundless and I should appreciate delivery very soon---Indeed I no longer even dare to risk buying unripe bananas............