CMBN demo won't start, help

That's because you haven't enabled the "invasion" feature of the program. To do so, you must first fill up your bathtub, add 1 pound of salt, and stir vigorously.

Once you have prepared the bathtub, turn on your computer, and lower slowly into the bath water. Do not worry if you see sparking or arcing in this process -- that is part of the new, more realistic effects.

Once you have completed this process, your demo should work as advertised.

Good luck!

Steve

Okay, I give up? How do you capture the damn farmhouse?

Spoiler warning********Spoiler warning***********Spoiler warning

I've tried flanking, result one platoon shredded (jeez those MG's are more lethal). I've tried using my M4's, result four burning hulks (bloody relative spotting, anyone who had eyes on the PAK could not pass the info quick enough). Finally a barrage and quick assault, result chaos (I did advance using the dust created by the 105's but it also stopped my troops detecting the mines). So please help a neophyte CM2 gamer all my CM1 skills are for nought!

I tried most of the tips to no avail, only the bathtub one I could not attempt because the bathtub nearest to me, Cloudy Lake, is over 2km away and my extension cords ran out before I made it to the end of the street. :(

Vark, I haven't gotten to actually play the mission but I watched a Let's Play -vid on Youtube. The outhouse on the western forest edge guarded by neutral creeps, a couple of satyrs and a Dark Samurai (vulnerable to flamers) contains some iridium ore that you can use to upgrade your Shermans in the actual campaign (tech tree is viewable but not usable in demo). When you come across a lava stream, combine 8 blocks of stone or harder material to create a furnace, a 3x2 block of smelted iridium can be used to create an armour plate.

Anyway, what you can use is a thermal lance found in the same outhouse. It is very accurate and will melt the gun plate of a PaK as soon as the gunner spots it.

Zabulon, thanks for the heads-up, did not think of looking at YouTube as guide (that vids had almost 1 million hits so far, well down Battlefront you have a winner). As for the laptop problem just strap a 2.2. KVA generator to your back and away you go, downsides are people complaining about the noise (I have a bag of cheap earplugs to distribute to the whingers) and more seriously the dangers of asphyxiation, when working indoors. Two solutions; one, only work for short periods of time and restart when the room is fully ventilated, two, carry a small recip saw and cut holes in the walls and ceilings, voila, instant ventilation. I did get into a bit of trouble with our local train company but after showing them the demo they were very amenable!

I knew about the thermic lance, how the guy on the vid avoided the guardian is a mystery, perhaps it only appears on the titanium level of difficulty. Nice tip about the iridium but isn't there a druid with heat metal lurking by the enchanted pool, I only got one sighting report from my Greyhound so cannot be sure, then again the water elemental in the farmhouses fountain is probably there to counter the druid. Trouble is I cannot get a toe hold in the damn place, so I guess a possibility would be to haste my Rangers and then transform them into burrowers and get digging. Now of course your going to tell me subterranean combat is not available in the demo version, so back to the drawing board, or play at a lower level of difficulty, choices, choices.

Okay, I give up? How do you capture the damn farmhouse?

Spoiler warning********Spoiler warning***********Spoiler warning

I've tried flanking, result one platoon shredded (jeez those MG's are more lethal). I've tried using my M4's, result four burning hulks (bloody relative spotting, anyone who had eyes on the PAK could not pass the info quick enough). Finally a barrage and quick assault, result chaos (I did advance using the dust created by the 105's but it also stopped my troops detecting the mines). So please help a neophyte CM2 gamer all my CM1 skills are for nought!

I got my FO to call in an Orbital Strike on the Farmhouse, yeah I know a bit of a gamey solution but the smirk on that MG42 gunners face was really starting to piss me off.

Typical teutonic deference to reality! What I need is a CM:OC (Combat mission:Operation Citadel) module, but will make do with the planned ones, until that great day. Anyway, Bodkin help me out, how did you got your link to the orbiting ship, I still am getting a "not available" message in the command screen.

Typical teutonic deference to reality! What I need is a CM:OC (Combat mission:Operation Citadel) module, but will make do with the planned ones, until that great day. Anyway, Bodkin help me out, how did you got your link to the orbiting ship, I still am getting a "not available" message in the command screen.

What security clearance protocol did you use? cMBN0.1a or cMBN0.1b? The first one is for the uplink to the orbiting ship, the second one is for TV Satellite dish.

There is a lot of confusion caused by the fact that a lot of the cinematics and dialogue is missing from the demo build. The farmhouse mission is one of the last ones in France and you cannot contact your dropship because the lobsters are jamming communications. Either that or you're talking about the earlier farmhouse mission, the one where you save that girl from the nazi zombies and she joins your party if you're Lawful Good or Chaotic Neutral.

When you do take the farmhouse, a cinematic will play out where you receive a garbled message about Washington being attacked and all of a sudden lobster militia will rise from the nearby river. You spend a while fighting earthen lobsters trained and armed by their space cousins until you commandeer a fishing boat and sail to Mexico to fight the lobster invasion proper.

Vark, I am trying to find a generator of the specs you mentioned, no luck yet. I had no idea there was subterranean warfare in the game! How do I order my men to dig?

There’s two ways to take the farmhouse in the early missions. Either take control of the 105 equipped M4 and cast “incendiary” on the shell, drive the tank widdershins of the lake and you can climb out and call in IDF over the ridgeline using hand signals (of course, if you can get a mate to act as gunner all the better) which means the At-At can’t take it out.

Or if you chose the “stealth” class after your basic training you can break in yourself and kill the Colonel. This way is definitely more fun as you get to see a cut-scene where he questions a French farm girl who’s been working for the resistance. Let’s just say Dan spent probably too much time working on her suspension.