Northeastern Pennsylvania Preview

I plan on hosting a preview party in NE Pa. I live near Wilkes Barre. That is about 1 3/4 hours North of Philly, 2 hours West of NYC.

Right now I am thinking either Friday February 18th or Sunday the 20th but it is open for discussion to get the best turn out. The hope is to have a couple of PC set up and do some LAN play and some solo action. My preference is for an afternoon into evening thing.

Anyone interested let me know.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on hosting a preview party in NE Pa. I live near Wilkes Barre. That is about 1 3/4 hours North of Philly, 2 hours West of NYC.

Right now I am thinking either Friday February 18th or Sunday the 20th but it is open for discussion to get the best turn out. The hope is to have a couple of PC set up and do some LAN play and some solo action. My preference is for an afternoon into evening thing.

Hi Elvis I have a place at Arrowhead Lakes are you near route 115?

Bo

Good lord! You're even more twisted than I thought...which is saying a lot. I just hope no neighborhood pets go missing about that time.

:eek:

Michael

Of course there be no "non-sacrificial" neighborhood pets missing around th etime of the get together....Everyone knows dogs, cats and hamsters require slow overnight cooking.

Hey, should I make chili?

I am very close to Rt115. When you get off the NE Extension of the Turnpike on Rt115 I am 15 minutes away. I Googled Arrow Lakes in Pa though and it looks like it is close to Pittsburg.

Actually it is my brother in laws place, Arrowhead lake is off of 940, you take 115 to 940 make a left heading for Mt Pocono about 6 miles and turn on Locust ridge road about 4 miles down the road is Arrowhead lake, my wife and I ate at a diner where the train station is across from an old closed red brick [huge bldg] brewery, I think you could also sleep overnight in the rail cars but not sure about that. The river parks that border the Susquehanna river are quite beautiful at least in the summer never been there in the winter, I am enjoying the AAR's, great job by everyone, I have never played this game other than the demos, been more into strategic games, Strategic command, Panzer general etc. looking forward to this game, keep up the excellent work.

Bo

Regarding the date...I really would prefer start in the afternoon rather than at night. I really want to do what I can to accommodate Lansfeld and he isn't available on weekends. Friday the 18th works well for me and probably also with Peng and Lans has already told me that's cool with him. Of the guys who expressed a desire to come is a Friday afternoon going into the night something that might work? The added benefit for me is that the wife and kids would be out of the house for most of that time. Not that I am trying keep them away from you guys..it's just that the kids get a little....excited...when there are people in the house and I don't want them to be too much of a distraction.

Another thing I wanted to mention is, we finally joined the 21st century and have a HD TV. It's not too far from my desk top computer and a laptop would certainly be able to be near it. Does anyone know what's needed so that game can be on both the computer being played and the TV at the same time? It might be kind of cool and easier than looking over each others shoulders.

I'm from Cinnaminson, NJ which is minutes outside of Philly. I'm interested in this. What exactly are the details? Are you going to reserve a meeting room at a hotel?

I'm from Cinnaminson, NJ which is minutes outside of Philly. I'm interested in this. What exactly are the details? Are you going to reserve a meeting room at a hotel?

Hi Willy,

Peng and I grew up next door to you in Moorestown. It takes me about 2 1/2 hours to get from here to my parents in Marlton, to give you an idea of the distance.

Right now I am planning at my house. If the crowd looks like it will be too big for here I guess we'll look at other options. However, I've got no extra cash to rent space. I am very friendly with a local bar/restaurant that may left us use one of their dining rooms with the expectation that we'll be spending money eating and drinking.

Another thing I wanted to mention is, we finally joined the 21st century and have a HD TV. It's not too far from my desk top computer and a laptop would certainly be able to be near it. Does anyone know what's needed so that game can be on both the computer being played and the TV at the same time? It might be kind of cool and easier than looking over each others shoulders.

Yes sure as mentioned already use a HDMI cable (if you know what one looks like up in them thar hills).

Alternatively depending on inputs the TV supports a video cable between the two will give you what you need (with the TV just looking like an external monitor).

End result?

This sort of thing (oh and the sound is good too):

DSCN1491.jpg

DSCN1492.jpg

DSCN1493.jpg

DSCN1494.jpg

DSCN1497.jpg

Well in 2009 when I posted that on the Beta site yes it was good (that forum doesn’t have a 5 attachment limit).

And depending of how many come to Sydney that’s how they’ll see the demo too.

Anyway I’ve sent Elvis a PM with the URL to the post with details of the “how”. :)

Well in 2009 when I posted that on the Beta site yes it was good (that forum doesn’t have a 5 attachment limit).

And depending of how many come to Sydney that’s how they’ll see the demo too.

Anyway I’ve sent Elvis a PM with the URL to the post with details of the “how”. :)

Thanks Mark. I use an HDMI cable to connect my TV to my cable box. However I'm not sure if there is a plug on my computer that it fits. I'll check out your PM.

If you have a DVI out on your PC, a converter to HDMI should be a couple of $.

Sure but depending on how many inputs the TV has he may not need it.

If it has DVI (or even VGA) then you can just run the right cable with no need for a converter.

Normally for this stuff you need a BIG picture so every one can see, not a “normal” picture at some massive resolution. And its not like CM:BN runs on HD.