Northeastern Pennsylvania Preview

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFI.

That’s GOC Home Command’s are of responsibility.

As it was she almost had a fit when she came home to see that on the screen and the game sounds coming over the home theatre (it may have had to do with the CAS mission coming in right at that moment). :)

Things calmed down considerably when she realised this was for “demo purposes only” and it wasn’t a permanent arrangement. :)

No waaayyy, this is way closer then Chicago! I live in Maine, and NYC is about 5 1/2 hours away (at 75 mph or so, maybe 80) from Brunswick, so another two isn't bad. When I was young i got from Pitman, NJ back here to Woolwich, ME (couple miles from Bath) in just over 6 hours, so this is in the day trip category, count me in!!!

I'm stationed at Fort Dix, where exactly are we talking?

I worked at Great Adventure for a couple of years and am very familiar with the area. I am about 2 1/2 hours from Wrightstown.

Hearing abot Ft Dix reminds of a day when we were hanging at the pizza place next to the entrance to McQuire AFB (it may not even be there..this was 1979) and the Ramones walked in and we played pinball with Joey Ramone and his girlfriend for a couple hours and the rest of the band hung with us and bought us pizza. Weird place to run into what I always call" the Beach Boys of the 80s"

Well, I guess that is enough of boring folks with my reminiscing. My loose count so far is about a half a dozen (driving from Maine? Really? You would think Steve would just invite you to corporate HQ). Time to start nailing down a date. Sunday the 13th should also be in play.

I worked at Great Adventure for a couple of years and am very familiar with the area. I am about 2 1/2 hours from Wrightstown.

Hearing abot Ft Dix reminds of a day when we were hanging at the pizza place next to the entrance to McQuire AFB (it may not even be there..this was 1979) and the Ramones walked in and we played pinball with Joey Ramone and his girlfriend for a couple hours and the rest of the band hung with us and bought us pizza. Weird place to run into what I always call" the Beach Boys of the 80s"

Elvis meets The Ramones. I wonder how that mix would sound :D

Well, I guess that is enough of boring folks with my reminiscing. My loose count so far is about a half a dozen (driving from Maine? Really? You would think Steve would just invite you to corporate HQ). Time to start nailing down a date. Sunday the 13th should also be in play.

lol, yeah really! Why, where is the HQ? Closer to me then you are?

I was lucky enough to have seen them twice before they started dying off great, great band.

Gabba, Gabba, Hey!

Mord.

Steve is somewhere in Maine. Moon and Charles are also in New England. But I was joking about corporate HQ.

LoL, I figured on the corporate HQ bit, good for a laugh tho, there are maybe ten buildings in the whole state that could fit Battlefronts greatness in them anyways ;)

Now I am truly intrigued, and if Steve is out there listening, somewhere, it would be far easier to go check out CMBN in state then down to PA, but I wont start crying...........yet.......if not :D

I figured that he was in New England somewhere, cause whenever I would see him post about crappy weather, I was having the same crappy weather, he better not be in Bath, I'll be camping out in front of his house :P

Hi Willy,

Peng and I grew up next door to you in Moorestown. It takes me about 2 1/2 hours to get from here to my parents in Marlton, to give you an idea of the distance.

Right now I am planning at my house. If the crowd looks like it will be too big for here I guess we'll look at other options. However, I've got no extra cash to rent space. I am very friendly with a local bar/restaurant that may left us use one of their dining rooms with the expectation that we'll be spending money eating and drinking.

Thanks, Elvis! I appreciate your hospitality! I'm definitely interested and wouldn't mind the drive. Although, I hope you don't kick things off too late in the day. I also wouldn't mind helping out with a little donation if the crowd gets too big. Keep me in the loop.

• 2 weeks later...
I just caught your thread...... We should talk

I live in Edwardsville right now....... what date are you looking at?

Nigel Steel

EDWARDSVILLE!!!!! I could spit out my front window and hit Edwardsville (well, not really but I drive through it most days). I'm in Shavertown. No school for the kids today and if I know this school system they'll cancel tomorrow before the first flake drops tonight.

Right now I am thinking Saturday the 19th of February. In a perfect world it would be Friday the 18th but I'm afraid a Friday show would limit the number of people who could go. Lanzfeld seems like a great guy but he works weekends. Peng and I are cool for either date (he lives in Clarks Summit)

Heh, how was that storm anyways? We are at the vanguard of it now and it looks to be a bruiser! We got about 5" yesterday and they are expecting up to 18" in parts of the state today. This is the price for living so close to the ocean, sleet instead of straight snow, ugh. Well at least I have Combat Mission and 5 month old babys, I will not be bored, lololol.

OK. I have settled for Saturday February 19th from 1pm until ?. I'll pick up a case of Yeungling and may make my world renowned bœuf bourguignon or perhaps chili. I have heard through private message from some of you but at this point can anyone planning on coming send me a PM with your email addresses and real names etc...and I'll shoot out all the details of how to find me.

I'm really looking for to this. I think we're gonna have some fun. Also, let me know if there are any specific types of battles you want to play and I'll see what I can do to make it happen.

Damn... wish I saw this a few days earlier. I'm from the Binghamton area, stationed in Greece currently. I know my parent's would be thrilled with a visit and I'd get to see the game.

Lemme see what I can work with the boss and all that and I may still be able to swing it.