NATO is on Preorder

Mord

(and for the best savings, grab a copy of the just released Combat Mission Afghanistan at the same time! You will not only save on your pre-order deal, but will save an additional $9-$19 dollars on your Shipping&Handling when compared to a future separate order of the two games including mail delivery!)

how does this work? i put them both on my cart but I dont get any extra discount on the A-stan one...or atleast it doesnt show

Its funny, after you've played the full package then you do a 'Google Earth' overflight of Syria - You pretty nearly recognize the whole countryside. That's where the Marines made their initial landing. That's the border checkpoint the Brits invaded from, there's the industrial town north of metro Damascus. The town names all sound familiar now: At Tanf, Tadmur, Ash Shammas, Tartus, Hims, Al Hasakah, Aleppo, Aadra. Even the 'Bagdad Cafe' chain of highway restaurants! If it weren't for all the virtual bombs dropped you'd almost think this game was put out the the Syrian ministry of tourism. :D

The discount mentioned here, boche, is for Shipping. Every additonal item costs only $1 for shipping (instead of $10-$20, depending on where you live). If you do not want hardgoods but download only, then this discount doesn't apply of course.

fair enough, cheers Moon, thanks for the goods

The town names all sound familiar now: At Tanf, Tadmur, Ash Shammas, Tartus, Hims, Al Hasakah, Aleppo, Aadra. Even the 'Bagdad Cafe' chain of highway restaurants! If it weren't for all the virtual bombs dropped you'd almost think this game was put out the the Syrian ministry of tourism. :D

Actually, after playing CM:SF (and, correspondingly, after researching the geography and demographics and culture and so forth with a view to making verisimilitudinous scenarios), I actually kinda like Syria. Contrary to the jingoistic and insulting assertions that those who play CM:SF do so simply out of a desire to "make 1 minute war dramas about Johnny Jarhead killing Jimmy Jihad".

Actually, after playing CM:SF (and, correspondingly, after researching the geography and demographics and culture and so forth with a view to making verisimilitudinous scenarios), I actually kinda like Syria. Contrary to the jingoistic and insulting assertions that those who play CM:SF do so simply out of a desire to "make 1 minute war dramas about Johnny Jarhead killing Jimmy Jihad".

Agreed. In making the scenarios for this I've learned a great deal about the country, and one day I'd like to travel there. There are some fascinating places there with long and rich histories.

Agreed. In making the scenarios for this I've learned a great deal about the country, and one day I'd like to travel there. There are some fascinating places there with long and rich histories.

That's cool. I've also found so many cool ruins looking around Syria on Google Earth that it seems like ruins should almost be flavor objects.

It's a standalone game.

Yeah, but I was thinking about messing around with the demo to see what features (exit conditions, for example) are new, compared to the current v1.21 in CMSF. There must be a state of CMx2 that Afghanistan uses. I understand some of the features didn't make it to NATO but will be included in a future version used by Normandy.

I ordered both Afghan and NATO pre-order and immediately got a code to d/l NATO.

That's nice, but would have been nice to get the Afghan d/l code. Would have been a lovely package deal.

Actually, you get codes for both immediately (except the NATO one won't work until the game is released)

does anybody know whether Nato will usher in a new version 1.22?

If the Marines module introduced v1.10 and the British module introduced v1.20, I think it's a safe bet that the NATO module will introduce v1.30.

(edit: Too slow, Dietrich, too slow! :P)

if so what's likely to have been tweaked?

Sure, it's a minor thing, but for one, I hope they give the L115A1 (British .338 Lapua Magnum sniper rifle) its own sound file; as of yet, it has the same sound file as the SVD, which is bogus, since the L115A1 is of a different caliber, is bolt-action, and has a suppressor.

I'm others can make mention of plenty more such things.