Things you are most looking forward to with regards CM:N

For me, I think once I have played through the single missions/campaign I am looking forward to the freedom of creating specific or random quick battles ala CMBO/CMBB/CMAK. I presume the QB generator will make it in? (or if not initially then as an extra feature).

I'd love to be able to create totally unbalanced QB's based on player superiority - I'd give myself points for Naval artillery and the largest guns and not forgetting air support, and watch as my artillery devastates the map. There was something really cool about being able to do that in previous games even if it is totally unrealistic.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from everything that the WWII setting has to offer, I am most looking forward to a functional QB feature. I love campaigns, but I also value the ability to quickly create a new battle on the fly for when I don't want to commit the time to a campaign or scenario.

I am also looking forward to a WWII game to which the Borg has not been invited.

Yup, you'll be able to experience real tank duels that take place over several turns. And hitting your target won't necessarily get you a kill either. However, with respect to the infantry game, I don't think you'll find it's a much less lethal environment. It's always been hard on the poor bloody infantry and having no body armour dosn't help.

Having it released before this Xmas for a start. :)

Placing AT guns in strategic positions to knock out enemy tanks is what keeps coming to mind when i think of CM:N.

Hopefully MG42's are as deadly as they really were, also watching projectiles arc towards their target at less velocity than their present-day counterparts..... i.e. you can actually follow the shell rather than see a blur.

On-map mortars...!!!

German Halftracks...!!!

Hopefully there will be some inkling of a release date in the not to distant future and that we can get back to what I hope will be a great series of WW2 games and add-ons.

For me? Well, other than its release, the thing I'm most looking forward to in CM:N is...

FLARES! Yeah, I said it it! Great big, bright, gobby FLARES! Wobbling upward, leaving smoke trails, exploding with a sensuous "pop", then drifting down, wafting on air currents, spreading their light! Oh, yeah, baby! FLARESin the night, FLARES in the day, FLARES that signal, FLARES that dingle, FLARES that tingle! How many, many FLARES we sight!

;)

Okay, okay, enough already; I know. Just hoping it'll be ready for prime time very soon.

Ken