6th of June

Heh. Since 1999 people have been anticipating 'big announcements' from BFC on every major military anniversary. Operation Cobra started July 18. The liberation of Paris was August 19. The battle of Waterloo was fought on June 18! Considering the sheer volume of military anniversaries out there its striking that I can't recall a past BFC announcements falling on one. :D;)

Heh. Since 1999 people have been anticipating 'big announcements' from BFC on every major military anniversary. Operation Cobra started July 18. The liberation of Paris was August 19. The battle of Waterloo was fought on June 18! Considering the sheer volume of military anniversaries out there its striking that I can't recall a past BFC announcements falling on one. :D;)

Yeah but come on, the average American has no clue about the other dates you mentioned. But everybody knows what June 6th is, it's the big one. Besides, the game is based on it.

Oh and IIRC CMBO launched in early June! :P

Oh, yes, the annual "6th of June will CM:N be out soon?" thread. This is a perennial favorite. I enjoyed it the first time it popped up, what, 5 years ago? Nay, 6. The one constant in this ever changing world we live in is that as the each of the seasons come and go, every summer the few faithful cling to their misbegotten last shred of hope and begin to pant in anticipation every June 6th. Till next year...

Ken

BFC has determined that its current customers are not worthy of the goodness that will be CM:N. They have decreed that we gamers wander the forum for 40 years until we all die off and a future, more deserving and worthy generation shall experience CM:N.

We should be able to pressure BFC into a premature release if we organize a mass suicide in the case they don't meet a community-sanctioned deadline.

Either they will be compelled to finish and release the game in a hurry, or they'll let us die and get a bunch of publicity--either way, we will be martyrs in the wargaming community.

:D

June 6: Maiden Voyage Anniversary

The church describes this holiday thus: "Each year the annual Maiden Voyage event, commemorating the anniversary of New OT VIII, has come to be one of the most important gatherings of dedicated Scientologists and an opportunity for senior Church officials to meet and work directly with these parishioners to advance their religion. Scientologists who attend this annual spiritual cruise become “OT Ambassadors” and initiate programs to help Scientologists all over the world advance the aims of Scientology and to reach the top of the Bridge at New OT VIII.[1]."

June 6th release - is battlefront a front for something else?

(I now prepare meekly to be admonished in the best tradtions of US political correctness)

Well, since it is almost summer (in the Northern Hemisphere) that of course means that we are getting close to Christmas..so why don't we go ahead and start the annual "Christmas Release" thread, or better yet, the narcissistic "Birthday Release" thread, as in "hey, my birthday is coming up on Date X and I am hoping they release CM: Normandy then!"