No Title & No Forum Yet?

I am a patient man but I have to say that I am a little shocked that we dont have a title for CM:N. (Is it CM:N???) I mean the last I heard they were test playing scenarios (I think) so wouldnt that mean we are semi-close here???

Also...same same for dedicated forum. No??? Yes??? Maybe???

Shocked?? Give it a rest please. It's stuff like this that destroys the good game companys like BFC. Does it hurt anyone that there still is no forum or name or that the game is a year late? No. They will get it done.

This thread is destroying BF as a company, OH MY GOD, EVERYBODY RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it is somewhat surprising there is no name or forum yet for the game. Even though the game will supposedly be released in the next couple of months. But I think we'll live through it.

Oh and since your new around here and don't know, the game is nowhere near being a year late. Steve originally roughly estimated a release around March/April of this year.

This thread is destroying BF as a company, OH MY GOD, EVERYBODY RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it is somewhat surprising there is no name or forum yet for the game. Even though the game will supposedly be released in the next couple of months. But I think we'll live through it.

Oh and since your new around here and don't know, the game is nowhere near being a year late. Steve originally roughly estimated a release around March/April of this year.

Uhm... no. Those rough estimates have been slipping and sliding for a while now. We were given a firm December 2009 as late as November. And before that there already was some delay. Then just after the New Year, then a slide to spring. Which is now, so to deny there's a delay is provably incorrect. We are very much nearing a years delay.

The important point is that it does not matter, as long as they are working on it, it'll all be to the good of the product. I don't think anyone, BFC and us customers, want to see another CMSF-like release. So I say take your time.

And the bones are finally trickling in at a more reasonable pace now, so that makes the wait easier too.

But still no forum or game name...? No, I don't see the point of that.

Certainly not if the release is as near as we've been led to assume. I kinda get the forum bit. There's a danger of us getting over excited if we get a place of our own. I don't buy in to that theory, but I get it. But not releasing the title to the public, no, that I cannot fathom.

*edit*

I think it will get delayed for one more year. There is no Forum yet just a Few Screenshots and an explanation about the QB System. No Preview on several Sites and no offical Release Date. No Forum and no Montly Blogs about the Game.

Its just not ready. In a few Month Steve will come here and say "Sorry Guys there is a huge coding think we havent mentioned etv. etc. " and it will get delayed for another Year.

Uhm... no. Those rough estimates have been slipping and sliding for a while now. We were given a firm December 2009 as late as November. And before that there already was some delay. Then just after the New Year, then a slide to spring. Which is now, so to deny there's a delay is provably incorrect. We are very much nearing a years delay.

The important point is that it does not matter, as long as they are working on it, it'll all be to the good of the product. I don't think anyone, BFC and us customers, want to see another CMSF-like release. So I say take your time.

Well how about finding a quote from Steve indicating a firm December 09 release date. Good luck with that, I sure never heard anything about it. I semi-recall a post from Steve around October or November-ish of last year referring to a first quarter 2010 release. Certainly not a December release date at all.

But then again, there really never has been a release date anyway. So I don't see how anybody can say the game is half a year or almost a year late. At least not yet anyway. ;)

I think it will get delayed for one more year. There is no Forum yet just a Few Screenshots and an explanation about the QB System. No Preview on several Sites and no offical Release Date. No Forum and no Montly Blogs about the Game.

Its just not ready. In a few Month Steve will come here and say "Sorry Guys there is a huge coding think we havent mentioned etv. etc. " and it will get delayed for another Year.

And here I figured they were working hard on CM:N so as to get everyone off their backs so they could work on CM:A and the NATO module in peace.

So maybe the NATO module isn't as far off as I figured it was? *shrug* A man can dream. :P

Well how about finding a quote from Steve indicating a firm December 09 release date. Good luck with that, I sure never heard anything about it. I semi-recall a post from Steve around October or November-ish of last year referring to a first quarter 2010 release. Certainly not a December release date at all.

But then again, there really never has been a release date anyway. So I don't see how anybody can say the game is half a year or almost a year late. At least not yet anyway. ;)

From the link that paper Tiger provided...

Battlefront.com

Also, 2010 is not a release timeframe for CM: Normandy. And before you wisearses say 2011 , I'll say it is definitely going to happen in 2009. Probably a few months later than we wanted, but then again everything is always later than we want. But that's normal since we're a software developer after all.

It doesn't get much clearer than that.

:rolleyes:

Regards

KR

Which is why you guys should have ignored it :D The only sure date we give is when we're about a month away from release. Everything other than that is just wishful thinking on our part.

Now, if we simply jammed WW2 data into the CM:SF game system, added some grass mods, and German voices... then yeah... we could have been done with this a long time ago. Our problem is we do like to give a good bang for the buck, so it's not done yet.

Why not announce a name and open a Forum for it? Because we don't want the distraction that comes along with it. A couple of threads here and there about Normandy are fine, but once we open a full Forum the expectations for information will sore. And there's no way you can convince me that I'm wrong to make that prediction. I know you guys far better than you know yourselves sometimes :D

We're focused on getting three games complete right now and our time is stretched thin. There is nothing to be gained, either for us or you, by distracting us from making the game instead of spending our time talking about making the game. As fun as it is to do that, I'd rather do it later than sooner.

Back to the release predictions...

The Normandy game is nearly complete in terms of its features, but it has a lot of development "warts" on it right now. Many of the graphical, such as not all the vehicle models are complete, many things don't have LODs yet, the UI artwork hasn't been overhauled, and not all the TO&E is done (I hope to have that finished up next week). There's also the usual list of bugs and discussions about various features needing some tweaks here and there.

Our short term goal is to wrap up all the lose ends preventing "final" map and scenario making from taking place. We're very close to that. So very close. After that is done we can get the campaign construction under way and slipstream the polish work as we get ready for a final release.

In short, we're not as near release as we want to be, but we're not as far away as some people think. We certainly had hoped to be wrapping things up by now, but hey... what can we say... we like putting neat stuff in :)

Steve

Thanks for doing the leg work for me, I'm far too lazy for it. ;) Ok fine then, the game was suppose to ship by the end of 09. Does this really qualify for "a year late" or "fast approaching a year late"? Of course not, which is the point I was making. Let's not start exaggerating, it does no good.

So where is the post Elmar said Steve posted as late as November of last year stating a firm December release. Does this exist? The thread/quote is from way back in March, a far cry from November.

I'm sure threads like this are exactly why Steve doesn't like to give any kind of release dates or estimates. :D

I'm reminded of when they opened the (this) CMSF forum a year and a half(?) early. That gap in time gave the crazies plenty of opportunity to build 'cloud castles' of fantasy supergame features that the title couldn't possibly have supported. Sorry no, there are no beds in building with working coil spring mattresses. No, the soldiers will not have individual working wristwatches. And Wizard of Oz flying monkeys will not be in the Syrian TO&E. :D;)

CMSF Afghanistan gave us some good bones.

I like the order.When Afghanistan comes out,we switch up the tactics and story line and gives a change in role playing.When NATO comes out, everyone will be happy to go back to the Syrian series for a while again.Then the complete switch and overhaul of battles and tactics will come with Normandy as it brings us to the WW2 Western Front.

PS, I think many people will probably still play all 3 titles at once when they are all out and released and not just trade off one for the other.

Hmm I'm a little worried about the pile up of titles to be released. While it sure is a good thing, Nomandy seems to be at least half a year away since I guess at least a couple of months will be needed to fill the gaps between the titles. Marketing wise it wont be quite sensible to release two titles very close to each other even if the game is 100% complete.

Marketing wise it wont be quite sensible to release two titles very close to each other even if the game is 100% complete

I don't forsee any problems for BFC with the 'close' release date of the two titles. The Afghanistan title was, and probably still is, intended for sale in Russia. Any sales that BFC get 'over here' will just be icing on the cake for them. Nobody, and I mean nobody, who comes to these boards who is interested in the WW2 title will pass on that. Somehow, we'll find a way to get the money, won't we? :D

And as for NATO, well, if you like CMSF, I suspect the NATO module will be the coolest module of them all. Really round the CMSF title off with a BANG.

And as for NATO, well, if you like CMSF, I suspect the NATO module will be the coolest module of them all. Really round the CMSF title off with a BANG.

Yeah, I really hope so. I've been looking forward to it since it was released, but have been slightly disapointed with the lack of info on it. I'm really interested to see how they'll incorporate the seemingly complex TO&E into the game. I guess I'll just have to content myself with using underpowered limey squads in the mean time ;)

We found out long ago that there isn't as much overlap with people's gaming interests as one might think. We learned that with CMBB especially. We found that a rather huge chunk of CMBO customers had zero interest in the Eastern Front, so they didn't buy CMBB. A smaller batch of people bought CMBB and did not buy CMBO. When CMAK came out many CMBB people skipped it BUT a bunch of CMBO people, who skipped CMBB, purchased CMAK. And again, a huge chunk of CMBO people didn't buy CMAK either.

And that was just WW2 :)

Holding back NATO because of Normandy will tick off the modern warfare guys who aren't interested in WW2. Holding back Normandy because of NATO will piss off the WW2 players who aren't interested in NATO. Obviously we don't want that either. Therefore, holding back any release because of another product is a lose-lose situation for everybody.

The people who do like more than one theater or time period are going to buy those titles regardless of when they come out. Reason? Because buying Normandy doesn't scratch a modern warfare itch. Buying NATO won't prevent someone from buying Normandy because driving around Leopard 2s is not the same as driving around StuG IIIs. Therefore, we don't see close together releases being a problem for us.

The only issue that can, and no doubt will, happen is that a person says "I am interested in both NATO and Normandy, but I have limited time and/or money so I am only going to purchase one of them now. I'll purchase the other one later". For us this isn't a problem since our products don't disappear off the shelf to make way for some other product.

Steve