No Title & No Forum Yet?

We found out long ago that there isn't as much overlap with people's gaming interests as one might think. We learned that with CMBB especially. We found that a rather huge chunk of CMBO customers had zero interest in the Eastern Front, so they didn't buy CMBB. A smaller batch of people bought CMBB and did not buy CMBO. When CMAK came out many CMBB people skipped it BUT a bunch of CMBO people, who skipped CMBB, purchased CMAK. And again, a huge chunk of CMBO people didn't buy CMAK either.

And that was just WW2 :)

Holding back NATO because of Normandy will tick off the modern warfare guys who aren't interested in WW2. Holding back Normandy because of NATO will piss off the WW2 players who aren't interested in NATO. Obviously we don't want that either. Therefore, holding back any release because of another product is a lose-lose situation for everybody.

The people who do like more than one theater or time period are going to buy those titles regardless of when they come out. Reason? Because buying Normandy doesn't scratch a modern warfare itch. Buying NATO won't prevent someone from buying Normandy because driving around Leopard 2s is not the same as driving around StuG IIIs. Therefore, we don't see close together releases being a problem for us.

The only issue that can, and no doubt will, happen is that a person says "I am interested in both NATO and Normandy, but I have limited time and/or money so I am only going to purchase one of them now. I'll purchase the other one later". For us this isn't a problem since our products don't disappear off the shelf to make way for some other product.

Steve

What Steve is really trying to say is this, the REAL wargamers are all about Eastern Front. The modern warfare and Normandy stuff is just place-holder until we get to the mother of all fronts. :D

• 2 weeks later...
The likely release order is:

Afghanistan

NATO

Normandy

That's based on how close to completion each is at this very moment. Afghanistan is at the stage of testing the Campaigns.

Steve

And will this sequence be:

(A) 7AM, 8:30AM, and noon all on the same day :D

(B) Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday in the same week :)

(3) 3 undefined months within an undefined year :rolleyes:

(D) 3 unrelated days possibly within the same decade :eek:

• 2 weeks later...