Brit Module AAR

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already know how a CM map can look, but its interesting to think of all those total newbie review readers looking at CMSF cliff faces and walled compounds and popped smoke screens and sunrises for the first time. :)

The reviewer was commandably concerned with the life of his own men. A more incautious reviewer would've probably charged ahead, got slaughtered, and given a bad review out of frustration.

The scenario, plucked at random from the 28 available in the preview version

Just thought I'd draw your attention to this point mentioned in the review. There's a LOT to look forward to in this module.

Yep. I know this doesn't make the wait any easier, but you guys are really, really going to like what's in this module. :D

• 3 weeks later...
You enjoy this don't you - BFC delaying the release for kicks, watching us suffer...

I hate you.

:D

Appreciate the smiley but unfortunately its either a case of you waiting now and suffering or getting it now and suffering because it isn't ready.

I can assure you the virtual champagne corks aren't popping yet. :D

No, but a post like MikeyD's and the Field Marshall's could convince some of us that its close enough to get excited over.

Not that I am one of those some-ones or anything, I would never start a refresh monkey thread in a misplaced fit of enthusiasm or something like that. ;)

No, but a post like MikeyD's and the Field Marshall's could convince some of us that its close enough to get excited over.

Not that I am one of those some-ones or anything, I would never start a refresh monkey thread in a misplaced fit of enthusiasm or something like that. ;)

Well the Field Marshall is new to the Beta group so what can I say, as for MikeyD well I think in both cases they were trying to generate some "buzz" for the UK module as a lot of interest seems to have switched to CM:N.

Anyway I'd take everything with a big grain of salt unless its signed of by Steve, et al. (i.e. people who can speak officially - and can take the credit for it if it works or the brickbats if its released too early). :)

...could convince some of us that its close enough to get excited over.

A week or two ago I recall Steve posted something with the phrase "in a couple weeks" embedded in it. So if you're suffering in anticipation its all HIS fault! ;)