Brit Module AAR

I side with Jesus on this one.

The interior abstraction works for me, there is honestly no reason to spend the development time to create a realistic house-clearing system in which you can actually watch your men properly stack-up, breach and clear every room. Partially because it's a huge waste of precious development time, and partially for the reasons c3k mentions at the top of this page. No doubt it would be cool, but nonetheless impossible(essentially) and impractical.

So it must be said that the game, despite lots of 1:1 representations, will never be able to simulate the minutia and subtleties of actual soldiers. when we order a squad to a corner, they disperse as they see fit and watch a direction--this is completely satisfactory for me, because I know just how implausible it would be to have the soldiers get behind the wall, organize and stack up in exactly the way you wanted, have someone peak out to check if it's clear, and then have soldiers shifting quickly in and out of cover to trade fire from around the corner. WAY too much animations needed, WAY too much constant tweaking to get the behavior and reactions right, and WAY too much diversity in situations within the game for the squad to know how you want it to act at specific times with respect to the terrain, LOS, your assessment of enemy resistance, and your knowledge/suspicions of enemy forces and positions, etc.

Although, new animations are always welcome :) . They are indeed quite essential in a game with as much 1:1 representation as CMSF.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it must be said that the game, despite lots of 1:1 representations, will never be able to simulate the minutia and subtleties of actual soldiers.

So when I want to do an SPR scen where Capt Miller gets the gum out of the guys mouth, I can't?

Adam, I have tried to make it clear to you that there is no point in discussing this. Especially since you seem to have a distorted sense of what is really going on. What the warning says or doesn't say is clearly visible for anyone who clicks on that yellow icon. I told you that I don't want to ban you and you're somehow take that to mean that I want to ban you. No wonder you're confused.

I have issued you an infraction consistant with what I said I would do and consistant with the forum rules. The only person that wants you to get banned is you apparently, playing the martyr I can only assume.