God TOW is awful

sandy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hard isn't it. HeHe

You need to play a few hours before you can realy enjoy the game.

In my first battle i was fiddling with the controls and camera.

The bottom line is, this is a very complex strategy game, with great features nowhere else in a strategy game.

In fact i think the only 3 guys who where banned, where just sistematicaly insulting people around the forum.

Nobody was banned for criticising the game.

Many people who like the game are making sugestions about improvements to be made and problems to solve.

I think many of the patches improvements will take this into acount.

Jus like sippin' whisky.

First taste is awful, cos its acquired. Soon you all is a Single-malt 12yr peat-freak.

TOW whips yo ass til its raw, then you decides you want to whip im back.

Its not fair, his tank saw me, but i didnt see his. Epitaph to all real, dead tankers.

Guest Panzer Boxb

More like "his tank saw me but mine was too busy doing the happy dance to do anything but die." :D

Guest lmgroth
Originally posted by Uaxactun:

Jus like sippin' whisky.

First taste is awful, cos its acquired. Soon you all is a Single-malt 12yr peat-freak.

Cheers! :D

Yeah, same with me.

First I was like WOW!!!!! This is AWESOME!!!

Then I got beaten a few times, got annoyed and started thinking of all the game's bad bits.

Soon I tried it again; now I think it's awesome again.

When I first played CMBO years ago, I couldn't stand it because it was just too different from what I was familiar with. After a few months passed, and I started hearing good things about it, I tried it again and it stuck. TOW was an immediate success for me, though I imagine other people will have my experience with CMBO this time around.

Just be patient folks, there is more here than some of you realize.

Originally posted by sandy:

I expect I will be banned, like the others with the same opinion!

I don't know what threads you've been reading, but nobody here has been banned for expressing their opinion of not liking Theatre of War.

It IS rubbish!
Excellent. Thank you for your articulate and insightful view.

Just tried to play a battle on TOW

It IS rubbish!

I was completely overwelmed when I tried the demo and thought I wouldn't like the game. I even uninstalled the demo the following day.

But after spending a few hours with the full version, I couldn't stop playing.

I only play veteran difficulty and there is a steep learning curve. But after a few missions, everything clicked for me....

-Zach

Great, another teenie "general wannabe" who can not comprehend the fact that there is actually a need for deep tactical understanding of units and terrain and unit movement and a need for strategy to actually win.

It is actually refreshing to hear that the less sophisticated players accustomed to "rock-paper-scissor" type games, dislike this game!!

Onwards! Leave the frighten ones behind!

Over and out.

What's wrong with "rock-paper-scissors????" The strategic depth, tactical variations, and less demanding equipment requirements make it something anyone should be able to enjoy for at least minutes. I'm getting so sick of all this whining about a classic game like R-P-S. Next you're going to say that rock-paper-scissors isn't like Combat Mission games... jeez!

: )

Originally posted by sandy:

Another sucker fooled by believing the reputation of CMBB and CMBO

No your a sucker because you didnt bother looking at this game close enough. Just a few minutes at the game website would tell you the game designers is 1C, not battlefront.

Originally posted by Freeboy:

Again, welcome to the world of "TOW the Humiliator" prepare yourself and learn, or die trying!

or buy command and conquer tiberian sun,star wars or something like that where the only strat is to build more units and rush the base repeatedly until finished.

Geesh, the OP could have been a bit more creative and explain why he/she did not like it. I held off buying becuase I seen there was no smoke, no on map mortars and no building entry (WTF???). They solve those things and I am so buying this game.

smoke, infantry not as vunrable (I think they are killed too easy by arty when hiding in trenches... seen from way too far away by tanks... in prone postition they get killed way too easy), building entry (dont care how ugly it will look... maybe just a barrel showing through the window)... but then again Im a CC-sucker.... etc. The tank part is fun though. playing the demo now and then... would be nice to be able to tell the tanks that Im the one who decides who to face so they dont expose the flanks to IS2s. with some patches here and there and a new demo with the changes I might consider buying it.

@sandy

Another sucker fooled by believing the reputation of CMBB and CMBO

Uhmm BF didnt make the game 1C did they only gave it more realisme. So dont bash BF for not making a game like cmbb or cmak or whatever CAUSE THEY DIDNT.

That saying i hope you still try to wait for the patches which will improve the game much.

After that and you still dont like it wait for CMC