Combat Mission: Shock Force Now Available For Pre-Order Direct From Battlefront.com!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Wisbech_lad:

Exel - According to another thread, the Play.com version is a manual-lite (80 pages) but BFC direct is full fat manual (200 pages)

So it is 7 USD for a bigger (& better?) manual. Reasonable given printing costs

Could I have a confirmation on that?

From the thread "Big Price Differences"

"Remember guys... there are TWO versions of the basic game; Paradox (retail) and Battlefront (direct). They are not the same, nor are they priced the same. As for the pricing, we have one price and that's it world wide. Paradox customizes its price based on the country being sold in, which means you might be able to pick up the game cheaper in the Netherlands, for example, than in the UK or vice versa.

The big difference between the two versions is the Paradox one has an 80 page printed manual, ours has a 200 page printed manual. Obviously that affects the price

Steve"

Maybe I missed it, how soon after release is it expected the CD will actually be shipped out? And when it does ship, what kind of shipping is used (i.e. next day, 2-day 3-5 day, etc.)? Will it be shipped regular post or UPS/FedEx? Just curious since I will be out of town around that date and I wouldn't want the CD to sit in my door/mailbox for a week.

Originally posted by tooz:

Congratulations. Now when is the relase date for the WW2 version? I'll pass on the modern war.

You should think twice, because your winning chances against CMx2-veterans will dramatically decline.

I only get CMSF as a training for CMx2WWII. smile.gif

Originally posted by SlyBelle:

Maybe I missed it, how soon after release is it expected the CD will actually be shipped out? And when it does ship, what kind of shipping is used (i.e. next day, 2-day 3-5 day, etc.)? Will it be shipped regular post or UPS/FedEx? Just curious since I will be out of town around that date and I wouldn't want the CD to sit in my door/mailbox for a week.

See here:

Another thread about shipping

Originally posted by Moon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SlyBelle:

See here:

Another thread about shipping </font>

Hi all, and Hi Madmatt,

first of all thanks for the great games over the years. I don't know how many Hungarian fans you have but here's one for life.

so, I ordered my standard version and i'm counting down with sweaty palms but I do have a question. As i understood, i'll be able to download the game on the 27th and it will also be mailed to me, together with the manual.

I just realized that i'll be out of the country (Hungary) in the first part of august so my question is: can you give me an approximation of how long it will take for the package to get to this part of the world because I wouldn't want to miss delivery. i don't trust the Hung. postal services very much and they might just send it back or sth.

thanks,

István

Ok guys I'm going to need a little resurance before I pull the trigger....

1) I am using Vista-64bit with a 8800 gtx card anyone willing promise it will work? No I will not sue but I'll be mad if I fork over the money and I get a non refundable digital doorstop out o f the deal. Update: I don't mind having small graphical glitches, but I do want the developers to know Vista 64 exists and I hope they will strive to tweak things to get them to work.

2) eLiences..Um when I bought the previous games this did not exist.. I am a little worried about this, I like the fact I can rummage through my CD collection and pop in Combat Mission and I don't have to worry about eLience (Hmm I wonder if Combat mission will work on vista...). So is this a number I have to magic marker onto my disk, or is it a file I need to burn to another disc and pray it stays together? Anyway, Could some of you folks just give me a little push to because I really want this to work, but am a bit afraid because of the no return policy (and no I really don't want to wait for the demo smile.gif )

Thanks again,

Marc

[ July 05, 2007, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: MHertogh ]

massive1974, if you're away in the first half of august, that's definitely risky. It might be best if you could arrange for somebody to pick up the mail in your absence I guess, so simply wait and order once you're back.

MHertogh, 1) sounds like you might have the same glitches like Rune has, who I believe is running a very similar system. He'll chime in here no doubt. We know that Vista 64 exists but the problem is that Charles would have to BREAK things to make it work on some of the faulty drivers out there, so we don't want to do that for the moment.

2) eLicense is an online activation system. When you install the game, the first time you run it (and only the first time; you don't have to do it every time you run it) a pop-up window asks you to enter your license key. You do that, click on the License button, and voilá, play the game. Installation and licensing are two different steps, which means that you could later even uninstall the game (but keep the license), so when you reinstall it later, it would work immediately. Or, you can unlicense the game, but keep it installed, then install and relicense on your laptop while you're travelling, and when you come back, simply relicense again. One of the neat features of eLicense is this flexibility it offers to customers while allowing us to enforce the End User License Agreement. You will find all you wanted to know (and more) about eLicense here: http://www.battlefront.com/elicense_faq.html

Martin

I am running hte game here under Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 bit. There are still bugs in the drivers for 64bit. 1. Shadows have to be turned off. 2. A write setting has to be turned off with the 8800 card, which makes the game run a little slower. NOTE: NEither of these conditions exist with the 32 bit version of Vista. I am currently running the 160.04 version of the Nvidia driver.

Rune

Rock'n f'ing Roll!

I have 'never' preordered a game before in my life. That would include all previous BF releases...

I just preordered Shock Force.

If you have not...what the h*ll is wrong with YOU! :-D

Thanks for the fantastic wargames guys! I hope you are all getting filthy rich! Seriously, I see enough complete crap games my boy has on his PC and PS2...it is nice to see a real wargame that is damn fun as well once in awhile.

Again, thanks for the countless hours I have spent enjoying your great software (beats a night at the movies any time)

GG