Combat Mission: Shock Force Now Available For Pre-Order Direct From Battlefront.com!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Fugazzi:

One order of Deluxe CMSF for me !

Just a suggestion for future deluxe editions of CM games : maybe the devs could sign the poster and the artwork for the deluxe box should be different. Damn I love the word deluxe !

Thats a great idea but rather difficult since we all live in different places seperated by thousands of miles!

In the entire history of Battlefront, we have only ever gotten together all at the same time and place one time. :( It was fun though and while drunk we came up with the legendary idea for the Death Clock in CMBB (its what allows the AI to continue to fire on vehicles when they are unsure if its really dead or not)...well it was actually my idea, but Charles named it. ;)

Madmatt

Originally posted by mitchell58:

I know this is not the place,,,but I cannot seem to be able to access support,,,I preordered and got the your order has been proceesed screen but it dissapeared quickly,,,,I have not got a confirmation email,,,Please check so I can order again if needed,,,ty

mitch58@comcast.net

Already replied to you in email...

Madmatt

This may seem like a silly question, but I assume the download runs without the CD? That would be great for laptop use since the CD is just something else that sucks battery power.

Also Madmatt, can you tell me what type of Mac you played CMSF under bootcamp on? I have the early Intel IMac with the 1.83 GHz Core Duo and the x1600 video with 128 Mb Vram...is that what you play tested with?

Thanks, can't wait for the demo

Originally posted by gibsonm:

Grunt_GI,

Well the Beta certainly does on mine (under Boot Camp).

2.16GHz Intel Core Duo (i.e. the first generation)

2Gb RAM

ATI Radeon X1600 with 256Mb RAM

Running Win XP Pro (SP2)

BootCamp 1.3 (worked under 1.2 before that too).

Thanks for that insight Major Gibson.

Are you able to shed any light on what you might understand is the state of play with a NATIVE Mac OS X version of CM:SF?

(1) Will such a version ever be available.

(2) within what timeframe.

My possibly ignorant understanding is that you can't speak for BF in a business sense but given your previous comments on Native OS X versions I hoped you might have some intel that you could pass on.

I'm sure many Mac OS X Intel based customers would like to be informed before they choose to sink funding into the XP version.

Apologies in advance if I've missed something obvious in the pre-order announcement on OS X.

Many thanks from Tasmania.

I ordered the XP version rather than waiting for an OSX version simply because bootcamp runs games just fine. I know from experience that OSX games do seem to run smoother, but frankly I wanted to get in on the savings of the pre-order, because $10 is $10.

Once the Mac version comes out I might just sell the PC version, and re-order, who knows. See how it goes.

Well my limited understanding is as follows:

Priority 1: Get the Windoze version out the door (almost done, 23 days away).

Priority 2: Get a patch / enhanced version for the Windoze version out the door (being worked on).

Priority 3: Start work on converting / recoding the patched / enhanced Windoze version to run natively under OS X.

Priority 4: Start work on subsequent CM:SF modules.

I can not talk for BTS / BFC and my comments are in no way binding upon them but that is my understanding of the current State of Play.

Rest assured I keep plugging away on the topic in the Beta forum.

Are you interested / able to come to Canberra for the demo over the weekend 20 - 22 July (should have an exact date and time in the next few days)?

Maj,

Thanks for that personal perspective on the OS X issue. Of course the core issue is just to know that "priority 3" will happen, "sometime". Thanks for your continued efforts on our behalf.

Thanks also for your efforts to organize an OZ demo - I'm traveling up to Sydney the weekend before and unfortunately unable to make it back off the Apple Isle the next. Best of luck mate.

Pzman,

I understand your impulse to buy . . . however the risk of extra cost (~$115?) is just one of the unsavory issues. What impact will this have on the future of native OS X CM:SF, indeed all CMX2 titles?

---> I've just done some OS X recon and I'll post the intel in a new, dedicated thread.

EDIT - Here is the intel:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=001592

[ July 03, 2007, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: H.W. Guderian ]

Thanks to everyone...hopefully the demo will tell. Also thinking about the PC now Mac later dilemma....hmmm...will know after I play the demo...since I ended up buying both versions of CMBB and CMAK to go with the Intel Macs (also the primary reason I bought XP in the first place) it wouldn't be unusual to buy both for CMSF if the native OS X version runs well...also to keep the BFC boys in beer as they develop add on modules smile.gif

Oh and can someone answer my stupid question about the download version not needing the CD?

Great! But, uh, how come the pre-order straight from Battlefront is more expensive than from Play.com? They're offering the game at €27.99 (equivalent of $38) while you are selling it for €33 (at $45). How come? :confused: