The Peng Challenge Goes Up a Creek Without a Paddle

Originally posted by Bugged:

It seems some people post only to draw attention to themselves. *shrug*

Not necessarily My Lady ... in the case of NG Cavscout it could that pesky short term memory problem ... or he could have been distracted by something shiny.

Joe

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Abbott:

There I was in the sixth grade and one of my chores after school (about every two months or so) was to butcher the rabbits...[snipped to edit out gratuitous references to gore, disembowelled and decapitated bunnies.]

"I once killed a gopher with a stick!"

Originally posted by **YK2**:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bugged:

Lmao, and it seems some people chose their sig for the very same reason. *shrug* </font>

Originally posted by **YK2**:

Lmao, and it seems some people chose their sig for the very same reason. *shrug* </font>

baaah, that is no story, here is a story.

I once had to put down an angry, crippled raccoon that I hit with my squad car, it was in a residential area at about 3:30 AM on a tuesday morning. Rather than wake the soccer moms and generate alot of calls to dispatch for a gunshot, I utilized my night stick. Took forever to get the stains out....

then there was the 400 lb bull calf that had escaped and was running in and out of traffic on a major business highway. The owner couldn't corral it, and animal control wanted nothing to do with it, so rather than let a semi smash the animal, or a station wagon with a family of 4 in it, we got instructions to put it down. Bull calves are amazingly resilient. It took 3 12 gauge slugs, and several .40 cal rounds to the head to finish the poor beastie off. Of course, it could just be that I did a poor job of shot placement...

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by **YK2**:

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

Am I the only one who preferred red necked dollar?

Your just mad cause I won't play with you. I am not into all armor battles games or splity squad type games built on the best mathematician wins tactics.

[serious]

My Internet connection is painfully slow (24k) so when I do get a chance to PBEM a game. And I find I have the patience for 5 minute per turn uploads and downloads I usually play a semi-historical battle with one of the Forum's old timers. I also usually play the same opponents that I have previously gamed with.

[/serious]

I like The Dollar too. (I get to call him The Dollar) but Joe hates him more then he hates me. However I see that as one of the Perks.

[serious]

I have nothing against you personally.

[/serious]

ooh, me too, I can let those slightly left of center, not to mention any names *cough* Seanachai *cough* take the poor oppressed Syrians and I will take the brutal capitalist running dog imperialist Americans. Then we can see the fighting fury of the men of color and the true wrath of the proletariat!

If, of course, he can get out if his new Kayak long enough to RETURN A FECKING TURN YOU LITTLE TOADSTOOL!!!!!!!!

That should be fun!!!!

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

baaah, that is no story, here is a story.

Hehe,

I got a couple more, me an The Dollar.

Wyoming the mid 70's when the oil boom was going strong. Work and money was flowing and Hippies flocked to Wyoming to get their fair share of the Roughneck dollars working the Oil Rigs.

Now if you have ever been to Wyoming you know the homies are not to fond of out of towners or Hippy types but that is another story…(edit to add): about the white van covered with the foot wide multi-colored flower stickers Volkswagon used to hand out.

Guns, yes everyone in Wyoming has them, like the stars in the sky they love them as I do. So guns were in every home and vehicle, readily available to anyone who had use of them. Often times the drive to the rigs would be many, many miles…the longest drive I had was 220 miles one way from Moorcroft to Billings Montana IIRC. Anyway on one such drive my buddy whose car we were riding back and forth to work in, a large 2-door Ford Thunderbird was cruising along one evening down a two-lane highway way, way out in the boonies. He hit a bobcat trying to cross the road a t dusk. The guy also ran a small trap line on a local creek (mostly muskrat). So he stopped the car and picked up the dead Bobcat and threw him into the back seat. He planned to skin the cat when he arrived home and sell the pelt.

It turns out that cat wasn’t dead and we were to drunk to notice, back then driving under the influence was a very common thing to do. Anyway that cat let out some of the most hideous noises as anything I have ever heard and commenced to run around the inside of that car like a souped up motorcycle in a circus cage. Round and round that son-ofa-cat went sideways on the windows, across the seats sideways on the windshield and our upper bodies. Each circle of the inside of the car took about 1.5 seconds and every time he ripped across our arms and chests he tore our skin to ribbons!

We were doing about 70mph when it started, swerving back and forth across the highway while this cat tore into us like a banshee from hell. As I groped for the passenger side window while trying to protect my face my buddy came up with a .357 magnum and started firing into the back seat trying to kill that damn cat! I saw the back window of the car gets blown out, I heard the spare tire in the trunk blowout and desperately cranked at the passenger side window of that T-bird. As the car slid to a stop across both lanes of the highway I finally managed to get the window far enough down to where that cat up and disappeared into the dusk of evening. Leaving us both bloody beaten and almost in shock. It is hard to imagine the ferocity of that encounter with a wild cat, the whole affair lasting maybe 30 seconds, which seemed like 10 minutes.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Not necessarily My Lady ... in the case of NG Cavscout it could that pesky short term memory problem ... or he could have been distracted by something shiny.

Joe </font>

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

HEY ... I'm REQUIRED by CessPool rules (page 14 paragraph 12, subsection iii revised 9/03) to identify myself fully and completely in my sig line.

You think I WANT to do that? Shy, retiring, peace at all costs, can't we just get along ME?

I'm hurt, I truly am.

Joe

Uh, Joe? Page 14 paragraph 12, subsection iii revised 9/03, refers to the spraying of contact adhesive on toilet seats in the CessPool. This came about after that one ill conceived April Fool's Day prank when Lars got Hiram with it and then got lazy trying to remove the several pounds of hair that was glued to the seat and tried to burn it off with lighter fluid and a match.

The plumber raised holy hell when he saw the melted residue.

You must be looking at an old rule book.

[ June 07, 2006, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: Boo Radley ]