The Peng Challenge Goes Up a Creek Without a Paddle

Aw....go sit on a Panda's thumb Mr Peng ..... Wait a minute....do Pandas have thumbs? What kind of a thing is that anyway?

Why would anyone follow you to a crushingly boring place such as that, when we can mock and belittle you right here without leaving the comfortable, familiar surroundings.

[ June 05, 2006, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...I need a name for my Kayak. All ships need a name, and, it follows, that anything being hideously paddled around by an Aquatic God is near as dammit to a ship, and it needs a name too.

Also, I just like naming things.

So, I was leaning towards 'Serenity'. But I think I should involve you lot of feckwits in the naming. After all, you're like the family that I'd have had to deal with if I hadn't had...well, like a 'real family'.

You know, if I'd been raised in an Institution.

As they say "you buy this ship, treat her proper, she'll be with you for the rest of your life"...

[ June 05, 2006, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

So...I need a name for my Kayak. All ships need a name, and, it follows, that anything being hideously paddled around by an Aquatic God is near as dammit to a ship, and it needs a name too.

So, I was leaning towards 'Serenity'. But I think I should involve you lot of feckwits in the naming. After all, you're like the family that I'd have had to deal with if I hadn't had...well, like a 'real family'.

As they say "you buy this ship, treat her proper, she'll be with you for the rest of your life"...

But ... there is only one possible name ... the ManySoda Queen!

See you get yourself a big oxygen tank, fill it with dynamite (ITD ... Improvised Torpedic Device), figure out a firing mechanism and then take it out on Lake ManyTonkaToys ... then you wait in the reeds (there are reeds aren't there ... I don't recall, there was a great deal of beer involved, I remember that) for Lars to motor by and then you dash out and RAM him thus setting off the ITD and winning everlasting glory for yourself.

Then you'll end up in the water safe and sound with Katherine Hepburn ... I can practically guarantee that part.

Joe

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

So...I need a name for my Kayak.

But ... there is only one possible name ... the ManySoda Queen!</font>

You could name the kayak "Large Emma", unless there is already a large Emma, otherwise, how about "Emma's Hope"? Or, you could always call it "Toadstool". Can you send me the latest file for our game? Since you don't seem to respond to your emails that is.

All three Olde Ones posting within a 24 hour period, that is... disconcerting.

Do you know, I tried to make a joke about Salman Rushdie the other day with the guys I work with, and they didn't even know who he was?

You, as I, are cursed with being able to remember past the last meal we had. Take pity upon the poor unfortunates we meet in life Seanachai... kill them

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

how about "Emma's Hope"?

'cus Small Emma hopes it will sink and rid her world of that creepy guy, Grandma Steve, that hangs around?

And today is the Day of the Beast... how appropriate

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NG cavscout:

how about "Emma's Hope"?

'cus Small Emma hopes it will sink and rid her world of that creepy guy, Grandma Steve, that hangs around?

And today is the Day of the Beast... how appropriate </font>

So...I need a name for my Kayak.

Off the top of my head:

Fair Target

S.S. Minnow

Grandma Steve (My personal favorite because it shows that not only are you capable of whimsy, but that you're most likely an idiot too.)

Graff Spee (Who doesn't like irony?)

Utter Feckwit (Because I think the names we give our possessions should be a reflection of our own character.)

"The Spirit of the ****-Pile"

The kayak should be named flotsam.

flot·sam n.

1. Wreckage or cargo that remains afloat after a ship has sunk.

2. Floating refuse or debris.

3. Discarded odds and ends.

4. Vagrant, usually destitute people.

It's true in every sense of the word!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Oh, that's right. The Fox Network

What a wonderful world it would be if that was the only channel your television received. </font>