New blog, but no thread?

Originally posted by Homo ferricus:

i don't get it, if the ESV is exactly the same as the ICV, and none of its engineering abilities are simulated, then whats the point of including it?

I have the same question. Do they look slightly different?

Originally posted by rune:

Yet was the key phrase.

Rune

As in ... And YET rune is still around.

I'll goad you into a response sooner or later damnit ... my only regret is that I can't be in Chicago to harrass you in person.

I can see it now ... I'd stomp into the room with sunglasses, trenchcoat buttoned to the chin despite the heat, combat boots clumping on the floor while muttering to myself ... No, no, no ... they don't ALL have to die.

Then again, considering THIS crowd ... I probably wouldn't be the only one.

Joe

"if the ESV is exactly the same as the ICV, and none of its engineering abilities are simulated, then whats the point of including it?"

To quote Edmond Hillary, because its there! ;)

Remember ALL those Sherman types in CMAK? Engine differences, hull manufacturing differences, if a variant was fielded it was put into the game whether it was demonstrably different or not. I'm not about to argue with them about putting too much equipment into the game.

Originally posted by Sequoia:

That quote wasn't by Edmund Hillary but rather by George Mallory who died on Everest in the 1920's. One should hope no one on the Battlefront team will die making CMSF ;) .

But if some theories are correct, Irving and/or Mallory made it to the summit and died on the way down ... as long as the game is finished FIRST ... sacrifices may have to be made ... {Joe darts a quick glance at rune} :D

Joe

Yeah, Charles hasn't had a chance to look at the shadow "scatter" on the building sides. He hopes he can do something about it, but he's going to have to learn how to hack around something because it shouldn't be looking like that (and it doesn't on all cards).

Glad you like the way it's looking! We're a little surprised how good it looks too. Afterall, we don't have millions of Dollars in graphics.

The ESV is something I hope to improve. The problem is that that simulating the equipment on the vehicle is only 1/4 the work. Simulating the effects are much more difficult to do. Technically the ESV should have a trailer for VOLCANO, which opens up a can of worms since there is no physics or TacAI support for trailers. We're looking at several weeks to just the ESV functional and a few more to debug it. That's just not something we have time for.

Steve

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rollstoy:

What is Charles opinion on shading doo-dads ...

... as opposed to the present state:

Its on the to do list smile.gif Its something he is going to look into when time permits.

Dan </font>