HUMVEE request

BFC

Could you please consider adding the newest uparmored Humvee with ballistic gunner shield, smoke launchers, etc.

Thats pretty much what the front line Humvees look like. This would add realism and usability to game's humvees IMO. Thank

PS. They also look a lot cooler

ArmoredHUMVEE.jpg

1432725235_3e0c8b7352_b.jpg

915570887_cac0c7aa7f_o.jpg

885623654_beafb582d2_o.jpg

443569333_0b7796a9a9_o.jpg

426675915_95bcf0a501_b.jpg

760582247_17dec91c1c_o.jpg

Those pictures are from Afghanistan, if I am lying I'm dying....lol. I also think adding the latest UAH would be good. I also think the next mod should include an Afghanistan potion, which would be easy. Make groups of four UAH teams with four man crews to simulate SF and ETT teams there would be all you would have to add.

hm, after all, wherent humvees supposed to be jeeps at some point much earlier!?

whats the weight of these latest models!?

their offroad ability doesnt seem to be important!?

beside that, it would be nice to have them ingame. right now the humvees arent of too much use in the game(as taxi their good), so the most uparmored humvee could proove more usefull in combat.

Humvees were designed as a behind-the-lines method of transportation, not for combat. Even armored scout/MP humvees arent meant to fight.

The war with Afganistan and Iraq proved that US Army needs more protection. Now humvees that are shown in-game no longer allowed to even leave the green zones.

Seems to me like most of game's models were created a long time ago before many armor packages were made standard.

BFC please update in-game models to show RL vehicles. Isnt this game supposed to be realistic? Thanks

Yes, current humvees are useless. The gunner is first one to die (because in-game he doesnt have a shield)

• 4 weeks later...

I thought that the game mechanics/code was done first, then the visuals (hence the lack of screenshots in the beginning of the development cycle of CMSF as explained by BFC)

If the visuals/artwork are done last, why is it so hard to add few polygons to the models? Maybe the anwser is that there was not enough time and the game had to be rushed?

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

The war with Afganistan and Iraq proved that US Army needs more protection. Now humvees that are shown in-game no longer allowed to even leave the green zones.

Yeah, but the current war/insurgency Iraq and Afghanistan is rather different from a putative invasion of Syria, no?

All the up-armouring of HMMWV going on is in response to the specific situation in those two countries, and the fact that the units are in the same basic area for months at a time, have to patrol on a daily basis with whatever transport is available from fixed firebases, and that nowhere and everywhere is the frontline.

None of those conditions would be true in a near-conventional invasion. I would be very surprised if the US Army went into Syria (or wherever they decide to invade next) with a HMMWV fleet that looked much like what is being used in Iq or Af.

Pandur:

... it would be nice to have them in[-]game. [R]ight now the humvees aren[']t of too much use in the game (as taxi [they're] good), so the most uparmored humvee could [prove] more [useful] in combat.

Um, yeah. Exactly. They aren't meant to be used in combat. They are meant to be used as taxis and delivery trucks. If you mis-use them and lose them, well ... look in the mirror for the reason why ;)

Regards

Jon

"why is it so hard to add few polygons to the models?"

To do models you need scale plans and references.

BFC performed miracles building the Stryker polys - now you can go to your local mall and buy a Stryker kit off the shelf. The baseline M1114 wasn't much more cooperative. I struggled to 'guesstimate' decent 4-view scale plans just of the darned little gunshield and emailed 'em a copy to use on the model. Now I think Concord(?) has released a very good Humvee reference book with scale drawings of the wrap-around roof armor - but even that's outdated now in regard to what's currently in the field!

Originally posted by JonS:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

Yeah, but the current war/insurgency Iraq and Afghanistan is rather different from a putative invasion of Syria, no?

All the up-armouring of HMMWV going on is in response to the specific situation in those two countries, and the fact that the units are in the same basic area for months at a time, have to patrol on a daily basis with whatever transport is available from fixed firebases, and that nowhere and everywhere is the frontline.

None of those conditions would be true in a near-conventional invasion. I would be very surprised if the US Army went into Syria (or wherever they decide to invade next) with a HMMWV fleet that looked much like what is being used in Iq or Af.

Pandur:

... it would be nice to have them in[-]game. [R]ight now the humvees aren[']t of too much use in the game (as taxi [they're] good), so the most uparmored humvee could [prove] more [useful] in combat.

Um, yeah. Exactly. They aren't meant to be used in combat. They are meant to be used as taxis and delivery trucks. If you mis-use them and lose them, well ... look in the mirror for the reason why ;)

Regards

Jon </font>

Originally posted by thewood:

Steve mentioned that this was one of the hazards of doing a modern game. You can't predict how things will change in a short period of time.

Its also a blessing, we can always drool for various combinations of equipment so we can test them out on virtual fieds.

I personally would rather see 2 years of pure, under the hood code improvement than 1000 new variants of equipment. What are you gonna do with the uparmored humvee, if its doing eights around the supposed target when youre not watching?