Paradox to publish CMSF

Simple... just like we used to sign deals with CDV before, we have now signed a licensing deal with Paradox. They will be publishing CMSF worldwide into retail, including localized European versions etc.. Of course, we'll still be selling the game direct from here. No changes to that.

We're happy to partner with Paradox, I can tell you that. They've been a great to work with so far, and it should increase publicy and awareness for CMSF by a notch or two. smile.gif

Martin

Will the Paradox version sold in the UK be exactly the same as the one sold directly by BFC?

The CMBB version sold by CDV had some annoying differences for the purist - such as ahistorical unit names and emblems.

N.B. - I accept that versions sold in France, Germany etc. will be "localized" (i.e. translated into each country's native language) but I wouldn't expect any differences between the UK version and the BFC direct-sale version.

Cpl Steiner, the problem with CDV was that they are a German company, and they wanted to avoid problems with other versions of the game not originating from Germany to find their way back into Germany with CDV's logo. It could have caused legal problems for them, even if the games would have been produced and sold outside of German legislation.

I assume that this wouldn't be an issue with Paradox at all, but of course since CMSF does not contain any Nazi stuff, it won't be an issue anyway this time.

Having said that... I don't know at the moment if the versions will be exactly the same. We actually plan to release a deluxe version with printed manual and an extra gimmick (that's a surprise!) which probably won't have a chance to make it to the shelf, for example. But it's too early to tell much about it.

Martin

Hope all goes well with the release, but the people over at MMG were a bit under impressed with their attempts to market 2nd Manassas in the US, did a decent job in the EU though!?

J_Toe

[ADMIN: No commercial links please]

[ February 13, 2007, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Moon ]

Originally posted by Redwolf:

Well, one other major version difference towards CDV was that they insisted on using Safedisk copy protection, which caused quite a few people to show up with problems that the BFC customers didn't have.

Is Paradox planning to do anything crazy?

If Paradox does anything crazy, it won't be involving copy protection.

Originally posted by fytinghellfish:

I've had nothing but good experiences with Paradox as a game company and publisher of other games.

I'm glad to see CMSF will be published by them.

Agreed. I came over here from Paradox, and I expect many others will do so as well with the word out.

Well I’m glad to here the retail plan is coming together.

I’ll be buying my copies (1 x Mac, 1 x Windows) direct though so the boys in the dungeon will get a few extra Aussie Pesso’s (since I’m assuming the Paradox price and the BFC price will be similar).

As for gimmick let me guess a piece of second hand Abrams track link (that will bump the postage cost up a bit)?

A small rant

I own all 3 CM games. Some came in the mail as a manual(book), with the cd stuck inside it. Unfortunatly, my mail man wasnt kind to it, and stuffed it in the box. I had to straighten out the bent cd.

Will you guys have better shipping materials this time around? Or put a "fragile" warning on the envelope. TY

could have been worse

they could have used starforce

Originally posted by Redwolf:

Well, one other major version difference towards CDV was that they insisted on using Safedisk copy protection, which caused quite a few people to show up with problems that the BFC customers didn't have.

Is Paradox planning to do anything crazy?

I think the best news about this is the fact that it will improve exposure of the game right away.

In my area of the world the wargame department is a little thin to say the least. Most people want the first person shooters it seems. Hated to see the copies of the first three CM sitting on the shelves at the store months after they were on the shelves in more "high traffic" towns.

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

A small rant

I own all 3 CM games. Some came in the mail as a manual(book), with the cd stuck inside it. Unfortunatly, my mail man wasnt kind to it, and stuffed it in the box. I had to straighten out the bent cd.

Will you guys have better shipping materials this time around? Or put a "fragile" warning on the envelope. TY

Actually we've been shipping out DVD style boxes for the last couple of releases. Not sure if this will be possible for CMSF because of the rather thick manual, but if not, then I am pretty sure that the manual will be thick enough so that the postman will have a REALLY hard time bending it smile.gif

Please excuse this qestion but will all versions need activation. (DVD not download) From memory I think this was going to be required for this title.

I am still grappling with this idea, and still can not make up my mind. I have not upgraded to the new MS Flight Simulator because of that need.

Sorry but had to ask as I own all previous titles and are still interested in this one. This has probably been discussed but I do not drop by that often these days.

Cheers MarkL

[ February 15, 2007, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: markl ]

Markl, if you're referring to the online activation system eLicense that we're using, then yes. All titles, DVD or download, require it.

eLicense helps us to enforce the License Agreement restrictions that you agree to as customer, and at the same time is no burden to the player because you can license, unlicense, move, copy and even transfer the used game(s) (together with the license keys) to someone else without restrictions other than those outlined in the End User License Agreement (and the only real restriction is that you cannot have more than 2 copies of the game active at any one time).

Martin