The OMG how cool is that thread

Hev

Been lots of bad stuff on the boards and its a bit depressing (all arguments aside) so i want to know what every one thinks is REALY COOL.

For me two things so far stand out and thats:

1- The artillery, how flexable and easy to use the wizard is, its great. And BFC diddnt go to far with it, i imagine they could have made it incredably complex but as at stands it very easy to imagine REAL SOLDIERS using this method to call in strikes.

2- The Smoke, how amazed was i the first time i popped smoke and noticed my cover dissapearing, not because of smoke disipation but because the wind was pushing it away from my troops. :D

So please one and all, i invite you to share your WOW moments ( any MMO storys should result in an instant ban ) and hopefully bring a bit of possative to the forum.

w00t w00t

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I used the M2, I still really get a kick out of watching a SQD dismount and assault a building.

-I really said wow when I noticed the TOW tubes were empty after a launch.

-The feed try cover on the M240B is lifted while reloading.

There are way more great things that I could list, but I'm short on time. I love this game AS IS, and I know BFC will only improve upon what they have done so far.

Some cool things I have enjoyed:

1. Firing the MK19 at a building 300 meters away

2. Seeing a Syrian AT missile launch from a building, watching the missile cruise towards my stryker... all the while yelling "No! No! Nooooooooo....." at my monitor. The stryker did go BOOM. smile.gif

3. Calling in artillery

4. Watching incoming anti-personnel artillery rounds.

Muldoon

Calling in an air strike with "heavy" ordnance is a brutally awesome sight to behold. When it hit, the explosion was massive, and left a mammoth crater. When I flew the camera over to the smoking pit, I happened to see that the nearby trees were defoliated. Pretty scary stuff to be on the receiving end of.

Originally posted by muldoon:

2. Seeing a Syrian AT missile launch from a building, watching the missile cruise towards my stryker... all the while yelling "No! No! Nooooooooo....." at my monitor. The stryker did go BOOM.

ditto here: the first couple of times I saw incoming ATGM incoming, I paused the game in a frantic effort to issue an order/do something that would save the vehicle/crew/passengers...but to no avail

now all I do is close my eyes and hope it misses/fails to penetrate (yeah right!)

Watching the M1s lay waste to al before them is my favorite so far. You have to very careful that the threats are in fact before them, and not beside or BEHIND them. the very best part is when it suddenly becomes necessary and possible to go from the little slow methodical steps to a wide open throttle flanking move. The PTSD for the guys on the other side must just be severe, the live ones that is.

The other great joy so far is the spotting system on elite level. It really gives a feel for some of the real problems in trying to keep track of what is happening in a combat situation.

One thing I thought was a great little touch is having first aid being performed on your casualties. It is a nice touch that adds a bit more to the battle. If I take a casualty I usually will either have that unit sit tight and take of its own or bring up another unit to perform first aid.

I'd be curious to know if this does lessen the number of KIAs in a battle. I would assume so.

I have been a fan of earlier combat mission games since their release. I have just started with shock force and have found WOW with

1. The use of the Aquire button

2. Getting buildings to collapse..

3. the movement of the infantry......

I know we may need a couple of patches but not many gamers get to have such input into the way the game gets updated......

I think this new engine will be around to stay....

Ady