The OMG how cool is that thread

Hev

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the game and am still absorbing everything, but my 'how cool is that' moments:

1. Turning up the volume REAL LOUD on the old subwoofer and listening to the effect of an A-10 gun-run on a hapless T-62.

2. Turning up the volume REAL LOUD on the old subwoofer and listening to the effect of airburst artillery.

3. Watching a Javelin making its way toward a target.

4. The Syrians are speaking Syrian Arabic.

I'm sure there will bw more once I get better acquainted with the game.

I am looking forward to the following cool entries:

* A 4x4 km city map, complete with downtown area smile.gif

* A test that shows the penetration capability of .50 cal MGs versus buildings degrading with distance (as indicated by the tracers, not?).

Best regards,

Thomm

One cool thing you may not catch (or perhaps it was already mentioned) is when the ERA blocks cook-off they actually disappear from the vehicle. A T55 can have half its ERA scoured off the hullside following an Apache autocannon attack. The bigger 3rd generation ERA on the high-end equipment is less likely to be removed by anything as piddling as 30mm fire.

I like the anamations. The fact that AFVs don't stop on a dime anymore and wheeled vechicles have a turn radius rather than pivot on a pinhead is great!

Troops look WAY better too--but they need a more natural look to them as they drop dead. The "floating down" anamation is pretty weak. I want to see them crumple like a sack of potatoes!

Wow, I haven't noticed the ERA effects! Great to know. smile.gif

I'm easy to impress, so for me it's the small things which are the most amazing in the game.

Like vehicle crews popping the hatch to reload a weapon, or a soldier attaching the CLU to a Javelin launcher.

And my personal favorite: going cross-country with a Humvee at maximum speed watching the suspension effects :D

[ August 29, 2007, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: birdstrike ]

Cool moment; US troops were exchanging rooftop to rooftop fire with a single Uncon a few buildings away...as the insurgent ducked down to avoid being shot, a Stryker breached the top of an embankment about 100 meters behind him. The mg opened up and strafed the roof but missed. About a second later the 40 mm launcher lobbed some grenades at him...a couple shells exploded on the back corner of the building...a third one landed right next to his head and killed him instantly!

I watched it like six times...GOD I LOVE WEGO!

Mord.

Originally posted by Bradley Dick:

Made a scenario trying to simulate the events in the fictional book "Time to Hunt", albeit with a modern twist. I had sniper teams attempting to stop a batallion of Syrian SF and Syrian Fighters while they moved through a forested valley. The sides of the valley were thick with vegetation, the floor of the valley had only bushes and tall grass.

It was a losing situation for the sniper teams, but one of my last remaining snipers pulled a "Bob the Nailer" move. He managed to take out a good 15 or 20 men, singlehandedly.

It was amazing to see this one guy, surrounded by his downed teammates, dropping Syrians as the closed in on his position. The pops of their AK's ripping up his position, the thumps of his rifle as he killed the enemy.

Really, really, really cool.

And they did kill him, unfortunately.

You have a copy of this? I'd like to try it out!

Mord.

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

Sitting inside a building with a Syrian squad as an entire Stryker platoon with dismounts shoots the living **** out of it.

Nice capture...I like the little bullet puffs and the soldier jerking back!

Originally posted by Bradley Dick:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mord:

You have a copy of this? I'd like to try it out!

Mord.

It is definitely not something I would put out on the internet with my name attached to it. Just something made to kill some time. </font>

a how cool is that moment - A group of BTR's being engaged with .50 cal's from less than 100m by a couple of Strykers and an Abrams and watching the impacts and hearing the yelling from the infantry inside as the projectiles are buzzing around inside and seeing the little red crosses pop up , I ended up taking pity on them and got the M1 to hit them with a 120mm coup de grace :D