So, what's shake'n?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

Hey Mark come to The Peng Thread we get away with talking all kinds of ****te in there.

Just remember you'll have to clean after him Abbott... </font>

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Hey Mark come to The Peng Thread we get away with talking all kinds of ****te in there.

Just remember you'll have to clean after him Abbott... </font>

Thank you all for the warm welcome :D Yes, v1.05 patch is probably as big as the v1.04 patch in scope, at least. Though I would say that v1.04 was more significant in a few areas.

No worries about OS X development happening. Actually, some preliminary research has already been done. No work yet, but hopefully we can get to that soon.

There are no QB improvements in v1.05 that I can remember. Our plan was to spend significant time overhauling QBs in a much more fundamental way. Every hour spent on the old system means an hour not spent on an improved system. Having said that, I have a small but significant list of things I hope to get into v1.06.

No, I can not be held responsible for negativity on this Forum. Each person here is supposed to be an adult, and as such adults are responsible for their own behavior. It is what separates them from children. My presence here or lack of it has nothing to do with how an individual decides to behave. Put another way, I am no more responsible for someone flaming out on this Forum than I am for a suicide bomber blowing himself up in a marketplace. The only difference is that I have the power to remove a disruptive poster from this Forum, there is not much I can do to stop someone from blowing himself up. The other thread I started was a reminder that I will start enforcing the rules about abusive and other non-constructive behavior more thoroughly

Steve

Steve,

I for one have pointed out many bugs in the game. The response I got from beta testers was: Hey, we'll tell this to the team and see what they can do.

But I have restrained myself from doing this sometimes so that some people wouldn't use this as an excuse to start another hate thread.

But I have to say I felt really uncomfortable about posting positive comments about the game. I felt like I'd have to run for cover. I could go on and on but you said everything perfectly yourself and I agree with every word.

It is very refreshing to read your posts.

--

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

[blah, blah, unimportant stuff...]

No worries about OS X development happening. Actually, some preliminary research has already been done. No work yet, but hopefully we can get to that soon.

[more unimportant stuff]

Steve

Hold on a sec! Steve, is this a definite confirmation that, barring some major unforseen problem, CMx2 will be available OSX-native at some point in the not too distant future (by not too distant future, I mean before the end of 2008. ;) )

If so, this is great news! If not, please dash my hopes now, so that I do not spend the next several months in a false euphoria. . .

Cheers,

YD

Steve -- I actually have some experience in porting code across compilers, lately quite a bit with doing so into newer MS C++ compilers. If Charles needs an ear while he's doing it, I'd be happy to lend one.

Although my first piece of advice would be: don't port unless you absolutely have to.

Edit: Where are my manners? I'm glad you're back, although with my penchant for tangents I may find myself on the precipice of forum rule violations. Anyhow, cheers and welcome back.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Steve

Thanks for the Mac OS X update Steve - I'm just selfishly hoping something OS X native is out before the next module to save us mac-heads from paying twice more than we have to.

BTW - for any wondering about my manners - I first saw Steve, and said my Hoi's, over 'er:

WEGO / RT thread

Simple minds like mine are still wondering if we'll see Blue AI's picking up Javs in 1.05?

BTW - laboratory tests show that houses rot just as fast while playing CMSF as developing it.

Webwing,

But I have to say I felt really uncomfortable about posting positive comments about the game. I felt like I'd have to run for cover.
Yes, this is something that I've seen far too much of. It's now time to see that it doesn't continue. I also won't allow people to pounce on CM detractors provided they are following the rules.

Adam1,

Personally I think all adults are responsible for their behaviour, not a select few that disagree with my opinion.
Very true. Although in the past 10 years I've noticed that the people that dish it out the most are also the ones that cry the loudest when they get it thrown back at them. As I've said many times in the past, the people with the most glass in their houses usually have tendentious from chucking rocks at everybody else's houses. Then they blame the other guys for the super sore elbow and the holes in their own windows, then they flame out and leave in a huff. I've seen this so many times in the past I can't count. I take no responsibility for such people's behavior.

So I'll say it again... people that need a reminder of how to behave here will get it. Once. Then it's out the door with them. It doesn't matter if they are pro or con CM, it's the behavior that matters. Well, with one BIG exception which I'm about to illustrate...

Stikkypixie,

Never mind, stupid post.
Well, you didn't get Knighthood for posting smart things, did you? :D

Pengers are free to abuse as much as anybody likes tongue.gif (OK, only if it is tongue in cheek or has the blessing of the Justicar for Life).

Steve