So, what's shake'n?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

But as the days went on, and sunlight reduced, I found myself less interested in brushing up on the latest and greatest rehashing of the same handful of topics I'd already addressed a dozen times.

Well, good to have you back, but I don't think that your comment above is completely fair. While there has certainly been rehashing ad nauseum during your absence, many of the posts over the last few months have concerned legitimate issues (often of the "how does this work" or "is this a bug" variety) that posters felt had not been addressed adequately or at all.

I didn't complain about your absence, and even before your recent post I knew that your absence was completely justified, whatever the reasons for it were. That said, it sticks in my craw a bit for you to justify your absence in part by essentially saying that only jerks and idiots have been posting here lately, so no real need to respond. While I'm at it, I found the "forum rules" post rather heavy-handed as well.

OK, I've gotten that off my chest. Now get these marine modules out of the way and crank out the East Front WWII game...

Ball, I (we) have heard it all before. Your absence was simply your decision to let all the complainers run out of steam and for you to pop back up again when it had died down. Pathetic.

I gave the game away some months back. It is probably sitting on a market stall with a price tag of 99 cents (a rip off if you ask me).

I have gone back to playing CMAK and CMBB with my wargaming friends and it is a delight.

I am sure alot have done the same so that is probably why the forums are a little more friendly. Only your close friends and family are playing CMSF and posting.

I wish you better luck and better sense for your next game.

Shafty out.

Steve must have a large family then :D

Sorry dude but your post is pathetic too. I don't like many things in the game but this is no excuse to post rude comments like the above. Games are more like music /movies etc. You cant insult a musician telling him that his music is only listened by his cat and its not a penny's worth. Especially when you have already listened to his samples before buying. Next time watch who is pissing in your corn flakes :rolleyes:

76mm, I point to Shafty as a rebuttal to your post :D

In actual fact I did not duck out of here to escape the complainers. It was the complainers that kept me from getting back into the mood of posting again. Keeping up the a Forum takes a lot of energy and time (several hours a day). I never said EVERYTHING that was going on here was crap, because if it was I'd just shut it down completely. I simply felt unmotivated to post until v1.05 was closer to completion.

Steve

I don't think we as forum users really appreciate how unique our situation is. The fact that we even hear from the developers at all, the fact that we know their first names is a fantastic rarity in this industry. The idea of feedback, that things we as players find and ask for gets (sometimes) integrated into the next incarnation of the game is incredible. I've been involved with a few other gaming sites (the s.t.a.l.k.e.r. forums for example) that while they have a large and helpful community have very limited contact with developers.

So thanks BFC for showing up and listening to what we have to say.

And this community makes a great research paper for university virtual community courses.

I have not posted in some time myself, nor have I been playing CMSF. I do appreciate the interaction with the BF staff here, it is non existent with other companies. I think one of the problems with "we the public", is that old saying "familiarity breads contempt". Most of us feel a special kinship with BFC, and the game because we have played CM1 and know the names of the programmers and developers, which leads some to say things here we would not normally say in other forums. BTW, this forum is far more polite that most out there, so even a flamer here would hardly get an eye blink in other forums. I think the reason is as wargamers we tend to be older and more mature people, but that also means a lot of passion about the product and the hobby.