Jargon Challenged Peng and Non-Grogs

Lars

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Stuka:

'Go the BRONCOS' for the ARL Grand Final ey Mace?

Is there some other sort of Grand Final on ??

<font size=+3>Go The Mighty WEST COAST EAGLES</font>

West Coast Eagles 12 goals 13 behinds - (85)

Defeated

Sydney Swans 12 goals 12 behinds - (84)

Revenge is SWEET !

You may all sing along...

We're the Eagles, the West Coast Eagles

And we're here to show you why

We're the big birds, kings of the big game

We're the Eagles, we're flying high

We're flying high, we're flying high

We're flying high

You might as well memorise the words... we'll be back next year to do it all again.

Noba.

Originally posted by stoat:

NG cavscout, are you out there?

yes I am, just very busy. I just got back from a 3 day shotgun instructor/armorer course. We fired over 400 rounds of 12 gauge shells in 2 days. Lots of fun, but I can hardly move my right shoulder now. Work and the family is taking up most of my time right now. I have to go back and see who I owe turns to.

Also, with the sappy exchanges of body fluids going on between Sturmsebber and the future member of coventry, I haven't wanted to come in here without my rubbers on..... errrr, galoshes I guess

[ September 30, 2006, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: NG cavscout ]

Originally posted by Noba:

Defeated

Hmmmmmmm..they keep track of behinds ??, I wonder what that means???? some arcane scoring method no doubt....unique to Oddstraylia???

Perhaps Sturmsebber can explain it.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

Defeated

Hmmmmmmm..they keep track of behinds ??, I wonder what that means???? some arcane scoring method no doubt....unique to Oddstraylia???

Perhaps Sturmsebber can explain it. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

Defeated

Perhaps Sturmsebber can explain it. </font>

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stoat:

NG cavscout, are you out there?

yes I am, just very busy. I just got back from a 3 day shotgun instructor/armorer course. We fired over 400 rounds of 12 guage shells in 2 days. Lots of fun, but I can hardly move my right shoulder now. Work and the family is taking up most of my time right now. I have to go back and see who I owe turns to.

</font>

Originally posted by Speedy:

Hmmm I missed that, must have been drunker than usual.

No, it was because it DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Proper CessPool rules and regulations were scrupulously followed in all respects.

You DID miss the reporting on it and it's probably because you were drunk ... more drunk than usual? How can you gild a lily?

Joe

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speedy:

Proper CessPool rules and regulations were scrupulously followed in all respects.

You DID miss the reporting on it and it's probably because you were drunk ... more drunk than usual? How can you gild a lily?

Joe </font>

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speedy:

Joe </font>

...into a silk purse (a Squire).

Joe

A Squire is a silk purse?

Obviously you've never had the likes of Nidan1 or 37mm as Squires, have you?

But beyond all that folderol, I AM BACK!!!

Yes, I'm back from spending two days with the remaining warriors of the 390th Bomb Group (Heavy), and most especially sitting around, listening to my father reminisce with the surviving members of his crew, of the 568th Squadron's, "Chapel In The Sky", B17G.

On the almost, maybe, kinda, lighter side, I heard how they were almost credited with shooting down a P-51 ("Well, hell! It was coming outta the sun... I thought it was a FW 190F!!!") To the serious, ("Remember the first ME 262 we saw?, "You mean, ALMOST saw! That thing streaked by so fast, I don't think he even had time to THINK about shooting!").

It was a wild and wacky weekend, for sure.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

...into a silk purse (a Squire).

Joe

A Squire is a silk purse?

Obviously you've never had the likes of Nidan1 or 37mm as Squires, have you?

But beyond all that folderol, I AM BACK!!!

Yes, I'm back from spending two days with the remaining warriors of the 390th Bomb Group (Heavy), and most especially sitting around, listening to my father reminisce with the surviving members of his crew, of the 568th Squadron's, "Chapel In The Sky", B17G.

On the almost, maybe, kinda, lighter side, I heard how they were almost credited with shooting down a P-51 ("Well, hell! It was coming outta the sun... I thought it was a FW 190F!!!") To the serious, ("Remember the first ME 262 we saw?, "You mean, ALMOST saw! That thing streaked by so fast, I don't think he even had time to THINK about shooting!").

It was a wild and wacky weekend, for sure. </font>

Originally posted by Noba:

Photos ?

Noba.

Sorry, but not a whole lot of photos that would be interesting to anyone other than friends and families. Just a bunch of octogenerians sitting around talking.

There were interviews of some of the veterans that were taped that may be going on a CD, but I need to get more info on that.

Oh, and I call for a definite Coventry on Princess Unguent.

a_245.jpg

Went 14 for 43 on the ruffed grouse this weekend. That's seen birds, we ain't counting the ones that flushed out of sight. Shot nine on Saturday, got up Sunday morning and shot five more before lunch.

What a riot, the little bastages were everywhere. Shot one off the cabin roof even.

Grab your shotgun and get back out there NGCavscout! Woot! Woot! Woot!

graphic_pub.jpg

This is the "one that got away" this past weekend.

I clubbed it several times, pumped a few 12 gauge slugs into it, and it still managed to escape.

I followed the blood trail to the men's room of a local pub on the edge of the woods. The locals said what I was describing was a legendary creature known as a "Larsen". Similar to the "Big Foot" creature, but a lot woolier. They had not seen it come into the establishment, but I think they were lying to me to protect the beast.

Oh well....there's always next year.