Peng Challenge, What a Beautiful Thread

dalem

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Goddamn Berli, anyways! Am I supposed to make you all feel small, unimportant and shiftless by myself?

Man, this whole Peng Challenge Thread thing...

It takes it right out of a man.

And so, Peng is back. With never a nod to the fact that the bastard left me capering rather like an old fool without him...

Peng, my lad. These people need the whip, and a strong wrist behind it. Have you read the stupid ****e they come up with on their own?

Even the Justicar is starting to sound like an Oprah re-run.

I've been busy damnit, traipsing around the wilds of West Texas and all ... and on BUSINESS damnit.

Still if it makes you feel better ...

Sometimes I picture my soul as the rather tatty, soiled piece of ****e that it is hung from the branches of an oak.
Oddly that's how we picture YOU.

Oprah re-run my ARSE!

Joe

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo! Goddamn you, Boo! Fetch me my three basted eggs, ham slice, two slices of rye toast, american fries, half a grapefruit, large orange juice and sundries, you bastard!

Just a ham slice? No sausage or bacon? You must have sausage and bacon. How about a huge Belgian waffle covered in strawberries and whipped cream? Or a huge stack of pancakes covered with melted dripping butter and maple syrup? Fresh corned beef hash with a poached egg covered in hollandaise sauce?

I'm hungry.

Originally posted by Patchy:

Boo! Goddamn you, Boo! Fetch me my three basted eggs, ham slice, two slices of rye toast, american fries, half a grapefruit, large orange juice and sundries, you bastard!

Just a ham slice? No sausage or bacon? You must have sausage and bacon.

Either or both would be a welcome addition.

How about a huge Belgian waffle covered in strawberries and whipped cream?

Nope. Disgustingly sweet. I'm after having breakfast, woman! Not dessert!

Or a huge stack of pancakes covered with melted dripping butter and maple syrup?

I've hated and despised pancakes ever since I was a wee lad. And maple syrup is disgusting.

Fresh corned beef hash with a poached egg covered in hollandaise sauce?

That's fine, lassie. Ah, corned beef hash...

Hollandaise sauce is just a sort of gravy we ladle on to make Easterners feel manly, of course.

If it was up to me, I'd have the corned beef hash, covered with two poached eggs, and the whole thing drowned in baked beans and Canadian bacon...

Possibly I've been up North too long.

Christ, I'm fecking HUNGRY!

Hey, Cavscout I sent a new setup where I hopefully won't have to advance across a vast flat football field to get to the town you are defending. You blasted the hell out of my troops. So sad...

Anyway, did you get the setup or will I have to call Mrs. Cavscout and complain?

Dalem!, you pondscum! I sent you a setup and I hear NOTHING in return. Are you ignoring me? Don't ignore me Dalem!. You won't like me when I'm ignored... I warn you.

Peng! You bastard keep those turns coming! You were doing so good lately but now you are fading again. I feel so... unsatisfied. Is this what the women in your life feel like?

[ February 01, 2006, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: Shandorf ]

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Isn't excess cholesterol too slow a way of getting rid of him?

Are you serious? My cholesterol level is being written up in journals in terms of: 'How is This Man Still Alive: A Scientific Investigation Into the Roots of Individuals Poised On the Brink of Forever'.

Originally posted by Shandorf:

Dalem!, you pondscum! I sent you a setup and I hear NOTHING in return. Are you ignoring me? Don't ignore me Dalem!. You won't like me when I'm ignored... I warn you.

We didn't particularly like you when we were paying attention to you, so this is a spurious threat.

The real question is: Are you still in Minnesota? As in: We could drive out to your place one night and set your arse on fire?

Because, you know, we could do that. Papa Khann would drive. He's mostly always sober, and he drives all over hell anyways.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shandorf:

We didn't particularly like you when we were paying attention to you, so this is a spurious threat.

The real question is: Are you still in Minnesota? As in: We could drive out to your place one night and set your arse on fire?

Because, you know, we could do that. Papa Khann would drive. He's mostly always sober, and he drives all over hell anyways. </font>

Shandorf, got the setup, I should be able to get to it tonight, keep your pants on, the new graves aren't even dug for your guys yet so we can't start yet anyway.

Seanachai, I shall have to take you to the Marine Corps League in Beloit for breakfast when you come to visit again. They have biscuits and gravy that make you want to do cartwheels out in the parking lot but you are too stuffed to get out of your seat, so you just order another bloody mary, the one with the spicy olives, and listen to the WWII vet at the next table talk about Guadalcanal.

JAYZUS! I NEED BREAKFAST!

Think I'm off to the 'Pigs Must Die' Cafe. Lovely place. Mention my name to the maitre d'. He'll get you a table where you can smell the beautiful, inchoate smell of pork being brought to perfection...

Thank the gods that we are not living in some Third World **** hole, eh Seanachai?

In what other land could you get such a breakfast?

I'll wager, no where else!

Originally posted by Nidan1:

I was an Italian farmer or weaver in the 1500's.

Yeah, well I was a mechanical type person around Turkey in 825 ... so I looked it up ...

825: the Arab mathematician Al Khwarizmi of Baghdad writes a book on "Hindu numerals" that spreads the use of "Arabic" numerals
So ... mechanical type / mathematician ... close enough ... Turkey / Baghdad ... check, there's always some slop in these things you know ... bottom line ... Nidan1 (as in the ARABIC number ONE) ... you owe me BIG TIME.

Joe

I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.

You were born somewhere in the territory of modern South of Latin America around the year 975.

Your profession was that of a entertainer, musician, poet or temple-dancer.Your brief psychological profile in your past life:

You always liked to travel and to investigate. You could have been a detective or a spy.The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:

You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and you should distribute these feelings to all people.

...Inquisitive, inventive, you liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.

The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:

The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.

It's like they looked into my very soul.

Not to mention that it explains why I'm still after hanging around with you lot of lepers...