Hey Battlefront.....Why don't you throw us a new Peng Challenge thread?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Speedy:

Hey it's 5.30am and I am bored at work what can we do today to brighten this place up?

Well like my pal Steve a good read will usually do the trick and brighten my day up. So I thought I would offer a selection from my reading list that may do the trick for him as well. Enjoy!

GGRR_.jpg

Originally posted by Abbott:

...and for Leeo...

KG_ts.JPG

Ya know, you take the "e" off of her first name, and it appears our dear guitar-licking hero and repentant hippie is married to a "she-man."

Apparently his recent fever wasn't caught from some kitty next door.

Oooo, and by the way, I got a new grill. I cooked the best pulled pork on it yesterday. Eight hours (it was a small butt)over hicory smoke after resting all night from being vigourously "rubbed" with a mixture of paprika, salt, cayenne, etc.. Basted with a mixture of applecider vinegar and bourbon, then topped with a happy-ending finish of cipotle-molasses glaze. It was Dee-Lish!!

Originally posted by Leeo:

Oooo, and by the way, I got a new grill. I cooked the best pulled pork on it yesterday. Eight hours (it was a small butt)over hicory smoke after resting all night from being vigourously "rubbed" with a mixture of paprika, salt, cayenne, etc.. Basted with a mixture of applecider vinegar and bourbon, then topped with a happy-ending finish of cipotle-molasses glaze. It was Dee-Lish!!

I foung something in the refrigerator that didn't look too gone over, so I ate it.

Why am I a God as compared to you lot?

1) I am approximately one thousand feet tall.

2) I can survive in the presence of Seanachai, unshielded, for almost 24 hours.

3) I am beholden to no stricture, armature, nor tincture.

4) I know how old Old Joe is.

5) When I stamp my feet, mountains tremble.

6) I know what that in ASL, a -2 roll on the 2IFT table is nothing to laugh at.

7) I hate you all.

8) I hate you all.

9) My versifications are pure as the mountain-driven snow streams that cascade down the bosomy fronts of virginal checkout girls.

10) My strength is the strength of ten Bander Snatches because my heart is cracked and shot through with impurities.

11) I can survive ten Rowsdowers in a row.

12) And such forth.

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Originally posted by dalem:

Why am I a God as compared to you lot?

1) I am approximately one thousand feet tall.

Are NOT ... I've seen you and I'm taller than you ... I won't go further and mention that I'm better dressed and far more witty because that might embarrass you.

2) I can survive in the presence of Seanachai, unshielded, for almost 24 hours.
Okay, I'll give you this one ... not that it's necessarily something to be proud of.

3) I am beholden to no stricture, armature, nor tincture.
Well now that's just silly.

4) I know how old Old Joe is.
So you do lad, so you do.

5) When I stamp my feet, mountains tremble.
You wait until earthquakes come to stamp then?

6) I know what that in ASL, a -2 roll on the 2IFT table is nothing to laugh at.
I'll bet that does wonders as a pickup line doesn't it.

7) I hate you all.

8) I hate you all.

Right back at ya there buddy.

9) My versifications are pure as the mountain-driven snow streams that cascade down the bosomy fronts of virginal checkout girls.
You have streams that cascade down bosomy fronts of girls ... I'm not objecting mind you, in fact it'd make a hell of a video.

10) My strength is the strength of ten Bander Snatches because my heart is cracked and shot through with impurities.
I don't know, Bander Snatches aren't what they used to be ... but then neither is nostalgia.

11) I can survive ten Rowsdowers in a row.
Well don't stop there lad ... go for a personal best.

12) And such forth.
So YOU say ... Abbott will be along any moment to tell you that you're not a REAL man because you haven't drunk cobra venom, blood and semen in one sitting.

These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Truly? I was sure they were, they certainly LOOK like the droids I'm looking for.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

So YOU say ... Abbott will be along any moment to tell you that you're not a REAL man because you haven't drunk cobra venom, blood and semen in one sitting.

Joe, Joe, OLD joe.

The Cobra venom story is not MY story, it is the story of a man not of me or you, but of his own story, such that you have remembered, thusly.

So when are you going to be here in Larsville again? When can we spit upon you in truth, as opposed to mere metaphor?

However a greater issue raises itself.

A quandry, a bipartisate disparagy of biblical proportions.

I mean, I like Sean-itchy, but I like trucks too.

I really do enjoy driving the trusty GMC.

I can't see that some namby-pamby bio-fuel hybrid deisel-electric shopping cart on wheels is going to fulfil my need to transport a dirt bike out into the desert.

Its not because I have a small pee-pee either....

Really, its not.....

Honestly....

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speedy:

Hey it's 5.30am and I am bored at work what can we do today to brighten this place up?

Set a few toilet rolls on fire and toss them into the factory? </font>

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

Are you drinking, bored and spoiling for a fight again? I ain't no quitter.

Spoiling for a fight? No, Abbott. It saddens me that you don't even know why we exchange posts.

I'm your conscience, man. Normally I'm that voice inside your head that you want to ignore, that upsets you, that pisses you off. Your most aggressive posting on this Thread are replies to me.

I simply manifest outside yourself. And in such a way as to maximize my impact in your own attempt to overcome your inherent unwillingness to be a good person. I do everything I can to make you a better person, because you want to be a better person.

You post all this redneck, cracker idiocy on the Thread in a plaintive attempt to stand in the light. Your most arrogant, strident efforts to be some neo-fascist pain in the ass are merely a child's way of acting out, in hopes that someone will sternly and lovingly take you by the hand and show you the way back to being an unselfish and considerate human being, with beliefs and behavior that will erase your stupidity and bigotry, and make you happy with yourself.

You're never going to admit that, of course. You're afraid that your desire for being a righteous person is a sign of weakness, and failure.

You will struggle with it all your life.

That's why the gods sent me to you. Because for idjits like you, redemption can only come after a solid ass-kicking.

That's why I never get angry with you. Abbott. That's why when people want to banish your arse, I never concur.

You really need me. And that's why I am there. One day, if you really listen to what I say, and take it to heart, all the barriers you've erected to being truly human will melt away.

And you will arrive.

You'll still be a useless feck, but at least a better class of people will accept the fact that you're an idiot. </font>

I have a friend, a great friend, who has loads of life experience. She has lived her life. Not all of her experiences are moral. Not all of her experiences are legal. She has been there, done that. She has made her mistakes and She bears her scars. When She speaks, I listen. She does not lecture, though.

She has my utmost respect.

She is not a poseur. She is wise. Do you know the difference?

Originally posted by Bugged:

I have a friend, a great friend, who has loads of life experience. She has lived her life. Not all of her experiences are moral. Not all of her experiences are legal. She has been there, done that. She has made her mistakes and She bears her scars. When She speaks, I listen. She does not lecture, though.

She has my utmost respect.

She is not a poseur. She is wise. Do you know the difference?

I can only answer your question from my own perspective, and to do so one needs to look at how far her advice has taken you. Seems intensely personal. I've benefited from lectures over the years. Even yours (remind me to check my RSP account). smile.gif Few people aspire to being lectured and not many like it on a regular basis, but what constitutes a lecture, and how much one enjoys it, is all a matter of perspective.

And that is the key. Whether or not anyone is a poseur or truly wise is also a matter of perspective. You view your friend as wise from a certain perspective, and base your observations on a whole host of stimuli - we all do. You can look at the remarks of anyone else and conclude that they are somehow less wise, and again, it's a matter of your own perspective.

Do I know the difference? There is no difference, in so far as declaring it possible to state authoritatively that such a difference is observable in the same ways by different people.

You, of course, know the difference - with respect to your friend, and the effect you feel she has had on your life. What her effects on your life have been from how I would view it, I have no idea. Think of Rasputin. History views him as a poseur, but to the people he advised, he was something remarkably different. Is your friend Rasputin, or the Devil? The answer is - she can be both, depending on who is looking at her.

And that is the difference.

More importanly though, does your friend buy into this whole Incremental Infantry Fire Table crap?

Once when I was wise, I wished I wasn't. When I wasn't wise, once, I wished I was. In any event, both felt the same way as related to my cephalic sponge. Wisdom tickles the dendrites without the false hope of hubris. Wisdom is a product of time and non-lethal failure. Faux-wisdom spouts by the bucketfuls, while true wisdom is a faint mist that glistens the brow, only experienced by those who ignore that through which they are wading and pay heed to mercurial vagaries of the divine.