Hey Battlefront.....Why don't you throw us a new Peng Challenge thread?

I don't know about Abbott, but I'm sorry that Patch has no twig and berries, though I suspect that in hot muggy weather or when dealing with a bicycle cross-bar accident that might be an advantage. When it comes to gender equality, the glass ceiling and living in a patriarchal society, not so much...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

I don't know about Abbott, but I'm sorry that Patch has no twig and berries, though I suspect that in hot muggy weather or when dealing with a bicycle cross-bar accident that might be an advantage. When it comes to gender equality, the glass ceiling and living in a patriarchal society, not so much...

I think Patchy owes us all an apology for her chromosomes, frankly, and then an explanation for why she would let someone like Joe Shaw call her a friend in public. With friends like Joe, who needs enemies?

Patch, does he make you dress up in a Snow White costume and pose for pictures the way Seanachai did with my second cousin Myrtle?

Originally posted by Abbott:

Apologize for what?

You apologize for something you said that was particularly offensive, intended or not. It's really quite simple. From reading your posts, you are completely about simplicity, so you should be able to achieve a request for a simple apology. Is that too much to ask?

[serious]

Patchy,

I apologize if you thought I was referring to you as a bitch, that was not the case. I actually thought you were a man and a Lawyer for some reason which gave double the bite as I am not to fond of Lawyers. However Nidan1 does seem to shine a light where Lawyers are concerned. Good luck with your photographs.

My apologies.

Nick Abbott

[/serious]

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

We do have rules here, Abbott, as you've acknowledged. And sometimes mistakes are made. I slammed Bugged pretty hard once and was promptly reminded that she was a "she", something I'd forgotten.

I apologized ... no big deal, mistakes happen.

Joe

First off, I don't remember it being a hard slam. Maybe my skin, like my ankles, is too thick to be overly bothered by these things. But I know the point you're making.

The thing that bothers me the most, however, is that my name is included not only in the same post as his name, but in the same paragraph! *shudders* Joe Shaw, have you no mercy?

Originally posted by bauhaus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

Apologize for what?

You apologize for something you said that was particularly offensive, intended or not. It's really quite simple. From reading your posts, you are completely about simplicity, so you should be able to achieve a request for a simple apology. Is that too much to ask? </font>

Originally posted by Bugged:

The thing that bothers me the most, however, is that my name is included not only in the same post as his name, but in the same paragraph! *shudders* Joe Shaw, have you no mercy?

Lady Bug Lady Bug Lady Bug I am aghast that you are surprised. Many of the men in this thread use the women to do their fighting for them, thus my "bitches" comment to begin with. Anyway, I am sure no one has to mention such a well=known fact to such a lady of The scared sewerpool. It is obvious that you know full well how to use the sewers to one's benefit.

Originally posted by Abbott:

[serious]

Patchy,

I apologize if you thought I was referring to you as a bitch, that was not the case. I actually thought you were a man and a Lawyer for some reason which gave double the bite as I am not to fond of Lawyers. However Nidan1 does seem to shine a light where Lawyers are concerned. Good luck with your photographs.

My apologies.

Nick Abbott

[/serious]

Thank you Abbott.

Joe

Joe: I don't wanna hear about no gosh darn ifs. All I wanna hear from you buddy is, You ain't got no problem, Joe. I'm on it. Go back in there, chill them dipsticks out and wait for the calvary which should be coming directly.

Abbott: You ain't got no problem, Joe. I'm on it. Go back in there, chill them dipsticks out and wait for me, I will be coming directly.

Joe: Your coming yourself?

Abbott: Oh, you feel better, JustaCar?

Joe: [relieved] ****te, buddy, that's all you had to say!

[ June 14, 2007, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

We do have rules here, Abbott, as you've acknowledged. And sometimes mistakes are made. I slammed Bugged pretty hard once and was promptly reminded that she was a "she", something I'd forgotten.

Joe

First off, I don't remember it being a hard slam. Maybe my skin, like my ankles, is too thick to be overly bothered by these things. But I know the point you're making.

The thing that bothers me the most, however, is that my name is included not only in the same post as his name, but in the same paragraph! *shudders* Joe Shaw, have you no mercy? </font>

Abbott are you treading on the toes of others again? You are such the social butterly you know.

Lady Bugged, I have contacted Rune and the date for the preview is set. Are you coming? We are supposed to get our bottles of sunshine if you recall.

Where is Stoat? I need to exchange turns with a FIB, I feel the need to get some blood under my fingernails.

As I said in another thread, Pshaw I missed you so little, just a half an inch and I would of hit you. Damn Utah winds...

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bugged:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe

The thing that bothers me the most, however, is that my name is included not only in the same post as his name, but in the same paragraph! *shudders* Joe Shaw, have you no mercy? </font>

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Lady Bugged, I have contacted Rune and the date for the preview is set. Are you coming?

Umm, no, thanks. Too far to drive.

We are supposed to get our bottles of sunshine if you recall.

You can have my bottle of sunshine/moonshine/whatever as I'm not that much into it. Afterall, it's the devil's water or the devil's urine or something like that, ain't it? At any rate, it burns my throat and that causes me grief.

...{snipped} ...

You are a true gentleman, Joe. I can tell.

AND a snappy dresser, you forgot that.

Hey, as an aside, I thought of you last week while driving through (like, right through) County Kildare.
Ah yes, the Auld Sod ... it's always been a dream of mine to go there someday ... good for you.

My people were, I'm assuming here of course, sturdy farmers working the land from dawn to dusk, bending backs and straining sinews with sweat beaded brow under the figurative lash of their English overlords but muttering that someday, SOMEDAY, Ireland would be free for their children and children's children.

OR they could have been like my great grandfather and said to hell with it, I'm off for America.

Joe

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Abbott are you treading on the toes of others again? You are such the social butterly you know.

Yeah I know Cavscout . I become part of the talk-**** thread and people start complaining that I don't talk-**** right. I can remember years ago when they were complaining that I didn't talk enough **** to be in here.

OR they could have been like my great grandfather and said to hell with it, I'm off for America

The politicians didn't enforce the immigration laws back in the day either...thus allowing the Shaw Clan to come here and flourish. Now look at what WE are stuck with....damned potatoe famine.

My people were, I'm assuming here of course, sturdy farmers working the land from dawn to dusk, bending backs and straining sinews with sweat beaded brow under the figurative lash of their English overlords but muttering that someday, SOMEDAY, Ireland would be free for their children and children's children.

Joe

I'm sure you're right in assuming they were sturdy farmers back in the day. As it was told to me, though, things have changed a lot in the last decade. Big business has moved in and the country is now prospering.

I think they aren't doing too badly in their tourism industry, either. *notes how light her wallet is now*