Is that a CMBB Bone I smell????!!!!??? Nah, couldn't be...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by K_Tiger:

Never see before the death-head on a tank - "Totenkopf"...but looks "cool"....

Dan told me that the finished texture won't have the Deaths Head on it and will have a slightly different camo pattern apparently. I was using some older textures when I took the screenshot though.

Madmatt

Chins! Soldiers with chins! And necks!

Did anyone notice that some of the armor now actually has hull MGs? How exciting! And the Ferdinand has beautiful, prominent welds and armor

joins.

(Trying to notice things others didn't.)

Wonderful new features and improved gunnery and ballistics, too. What a treat!

Here's hoping that you revise the Panzerschreck and similar so that they come up to the graphical standards of the radically improved troops, uniforms, armor, buildings, etc.

Lovely, tasty bone, Madmatt (crunch, crunch, gnaw, gnaw).

Regards,

John Kettler

[ July 02, 2002, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

John, the updated armour calculation code Charles has put into CMBB is amazing, I am sure nothing will come close to this level of accuracy for some time to come. Even the size of the wad of spalling armour is calculated depending on the size of the non-penetrating shell hit, etc. Fun stuff smile.gif

Matt is correct, the Pz-IV seen there isnt complete and we will probably remove the symbol. Neither is the III for that matter, as the mapping on the side hull has a problem. Matt has done a pretty good job of covering it up though ;)

Dan

[ July 02, 2002, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Speaking of noticing and not noticing.... the first look I took of the 'Death Head' tank, I thought the picture was incomplete -- no gun barrel on the tank --- Upon a closer look I discovered that the camo pattern caused the gun barrel to blend in with the pseudo trees in the distance.

One could expect that I especially liked the green, tan and brown highlights....... Toad

Well, well, well. So they are alive or at least not vacating in some topical place spending all their money on booze and girls. But back to the pictures. Transparent walls. Damn, that's a great idea. I'm excited. Can't tell you how many times I thought that that would be a great feature but didn't know if it was possible. Guess it is. Thanks guys looking very very good. The graphic's are so much improved.

Cool:

o MG barrels,

o 3D details (smoke dischargers),

o Overall impression of the Ferdinand tank,

o transparent walls

o more detailed 3D faces

o the bush in Helmet Closeup 1

Not So Cool:

The tank in http://www.battlefront.com/products/cmbb/bones/7_02/pages/damage.htm shows almost no shading. This is not good (see George-III)! The drop shadow interferes with the doodads in a somewhat peculiar way!

The hands of the tank commander in http://www.battlefront.com/products/cmbb/bones/7_02/pages/tankerscap.htm are way too bright.

There is a single sided polygon problem on the front section of the fender of the Ferdinand! The lower side hull (behind the wheels) should be the darkest section of the tank, in my opinion.

The uniform textures in the helmet closeup pictures look very blurred and like a pencil sketch. I think the addition of 3D objects like binoculars or flashlights without a underlying 3D structure should be avoided.

The transition from the neck to the back of the head is too low!

What I'd like to see:

Even more polygons on the soldiers' faces. They are worth it!

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

I dunno, I'm kind of in shock. Those new uniforms look so good...

Oh, I'm sure you'll think of something. No matter how great a current work is, it doesn't seem to stop people from trying to make a mod that tops it or changes it in some way.

[ July 03, 2002, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Commissar ]