Model contest - new in-game models (large pics!)

While we're preparing everything to announce the winners of the Model Contest, I thought I'd quickly share with you guys two new models which made it into the game a while back. Enjoy!

Model name: T-26 m. 1933

Artist: Adam Vukich

Manufacturer: Italeri/Zvezda T-26, Friulmodel tracks, Eduard Photo-etch, CMK aluminum gun barrel & resin mantlet

Note: in-game model recolored

Original:

t26_right-tn.jpg

In-game:

t26-rear-tn.jpg

t26-tn.jpg

Model name: SturmIII

Artist: Liao Jer-Woei

Manufacturer: Dragon models

Original:

STURMIII-R.jpg

In-game:

stug3-b-tn.jpg

stug3-b-top-tn.jpg

Jaw drop....

Congratulations to Adam Vukich and Liao Jer-Woei! Your claim to fame is now duly noted. Based upon these two examples and the PzKW SIG I, I see that there was quite a bit of good examples sent into BTS.

Now back to the long wait.

Moon ,hi,

All looks great.

One of what will no doubt be many improvements for CMBB is having all the graphics up to the standard of the very best Modders but with the bonus of all being by the same hand. i.e. same saturation, brightness and such.

Stunning stuff. Dan, like the rest of you, clearly knows what he is doing.

All the best,

Kip.

This is a hybrid ... of bluegrass, Kentucky bluegrass, featherbed bent and northern California sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this, is that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on the stuff.

DjB

If you look very closely at the last pic of the Stug IIIB you'll notice that the barrel has the hexagonal sides.... Hexagons are still being used for gun barrels and other round objects. Other methods of generating a circular object and mapping a texture to it are probably too much of a performance hit for a number of video cards.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

If you look very closely at the last pic of the Stug IIIB you'll notice that the barrel has the hexagonal sides.... Hexagons are still being used for gun barrels and other round objects. Other methods of generating a circular object and mapping a texture to it are probably too much of a performance hit for a number of video cards.

Ja, I see it now.

Urgent Request:

Please change the dark egde on the side of the gun mantlet of the T26 by an arc as it is apparent on the scale model. There is no need to emphasize the polygon nature of the gun mantlet with a *texture* that is aligned to the polygon edges!

Regards,

Thomm

I doubt any change in graphic texture would negate the "edge" the texture would have to lay across. From some angles it will still look like a corner.

Personally, I think it's fine. smile.gif

Gpig

EDIT: Oops. I see what you mean, Rollstoy. Yeah, I guess that COULD be changed to be like on the scale model. A nice semi-circle. But it still is kind of nit-picky, no? smile.gif

[ May 29, 2002, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Gpig ]

Originally posted by Gpig:

But it still is kind of nit-picky, no? smile.gif

For me this flaw is so obvious that it ruins the model (add: for me). The eye of the beholder is magically drawn to this out-of-place polygon. Cannot help but stare at it ;) ! Took me a while to realize that it is not a matter of polygons, but the texture itself!

I am just afraid that I am by no measure smarter than KwazyDog himself, so I guess there is a reason why he chose this style over the original template!

On the other hand the road wheels hide the coarse polygon mesh of the threads perfectly, so I think my point is valid in case of the gun mantlet!

Regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by Ligur:

PLS make it so that the vehicles have DAMAGE SKINS and when shot up small dents appear can't be hard thnx bye

btw code operational level to the vehicles too

bye.,

Every time stuff like this comes up, BTS invariably starts mumbling about the amount of video memory such a feature would require. I've never had to program at that level, so I have to take 'em at their word.

Guess we have to be patient until the average amount of video ram hits the point at which they can do this.

(But I've never been able to reconcile this limit with my understanding of AGP -- after all, I thought the whole idea behind it was to allow the video card to store textures in system memory. Obviously, I'm missing something.)