Model contest - new in-game models (large pics!)

Heya Guys...glad you like how things are shaping up!

Thomm, will do...Im sure I had a perfectly good reason at the time but looking back I dont know why I did that, hehe. Considering Im working about 18 hour days at the moment I guess I did that one late smile.gif

Pvt Ryan, dont worry, you have to develop a thick skin in this industry, hehe. Besides, I can only do want I can within the time limts we have. I (hopefully with a little help shortly) have to texture something like 300 models, so Im sure there will some that willg et a fresh coat of paint. I am hoping to keep all up to the quality level you see here though, time permitting smile.gif

Dan

EDIT : Thomm, actually its already fixed in the version on my system. I must have thought the same at sometime smile.gif

[ May 29, 2002, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

beautiful, both the models and their adaptation for CMBB.

now for unneccessary nitpick:

is it just me or do those tracks on the original models look just a wee bit too loose? I don't have any pics for comparison here, but the T-26 tracks on the upper return seem quite a bit loose, especially towards the rear. Such a mistake seems odd considering what a top-notch job the modeller did otherwise, for example check the highly commendable way he polishes the teeth of the tracks to shiny bare metal due to the wear of these areas.

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

I am catholic, I *deserve* my free thursday smile.gif

It doesn't make sense! What are you doing up all night *and* on the internet! I am writing on a phat Ph.D. thesis, but ... sunrise marks the end of my working "day"!

Schönen Feiertag (as if *sigh*)

Thomm

M Hofbrauer originally posted:

"is it just me or do those tracks on the original models look just a wee bit too loose? I don't have any pics for comparison here, but the T-26 tracks on the upper return seem quite a bit loose, especially towards the rear. Such a mistake seems odd considering what a top-notch job the modeller did otherwise, for example check the highly commendable way he polishes the teeth of the tracks to shiny bare metal due to the wear of these areas."

In a way, you are right - the tracks are too loose. But that sometimes happened with this sort of sprocket/return roller track setup, especially if the crew didn't have time for normal maintainance. The tracks loosened up, which greatly increased the odds of throwing a track, especially in high speed manuvers. I've seen pictures of tanks with sagging tracks, although the T-26 is perhaps more exagerated than most. No way to tell if the model is based on a real pic or not. Tightening up the tracks, and/or removing some links was not difficult, only a lot of hard work and rather time consuming. If the unit was conducting intense operations, such work would have to be postponed, and could result in the effect you see displayed on the model.

Hope that helps answer the question.

Tom Goetz

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Pvt Ryan, dont worry, you have to develop a thick skin in this industry, hehe. Besides, I can only do want I can within the time limts we have. I (hopefully with a little help shortly) have to texture something like 300 models, so Im sure there will some that willg et a fresh coat of paint. I am hoping to keep all up to the quality level you see here though, time permitting smile.gif

Dan

EDIT : Thomm, actually its already fixed in the version on my system. I must have thought the same at sometime smile.gif

hey kwazy,

i was wondering how many models you do per day? cause 300 is a lot. even at 10 per day that's dang near a full month ;)

Hey, is that a coaxial MG on the in-game T-26? It looks like you can see it from the right profile pic. After all these years of missing machineguns in CMBO, that is a nice improvement.

Also notice the wire handle included on the side of the SturmIII.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

If you look very closely at the last pic of the Stug IIIB you'll notice that the barrel has the hexagonal sides.... Hexagons are still being used for gun barrels and other round objects. Other methods of generating a circular object and mapping a texture to it are probably too much of a performance hit for a number of video cards.

Huh? Are the barrels not round in CM? I never noticed.. :eek: