CMBB Hit

Parabellum:

Gods! You shouldn't have mentioned that 21-year old Glenfarclas. I really haven't tasted many single malts (more than average drinker, I think though) but that stuff was godsend. And I know absolutely no place near me where I can get it - nearest I know is on the southern coast of Finland. smile.gif

Mike:

Unless I'm completely mistaken he is referring to "Tuntematon sotilas", (Unknown Soldier in English), a classic Finnish book by Väinö Linna. It's set in the Continuation War. Won't translate that though. ;)

For myself, I'll probably have to drink myself unconscious to escape having to live with a computer that won't run CMBB...

-Lunael

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Juha Keratar:

Parabellum:

Gods! You shouldn't have mentioned that 21-year old Glenfarclas. I really haven't tasted many single malts (more than average drinker, I think though) but that stuff was godsend. And I know absolutely no place near me where I can get it - nearest I know is on the southern coast of Finland. smile.gif

The Glenfarclas is a truely great Scotch. Although I've to say that I usually prefer the "smoother" ones, like the 10 [edited:12] year old Macallan or, still my favourite, the Lagavulin.

I'll visit some friends in Scotland later this year, guess what I'm looking there for?

;)

[ August 27, 2002, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

i cannot believe there aren't more bourbon drinkers !!!! :eek:

"JACK DANIELS" is the only way to celebrate anything. a nice glass of ice cold jack with a big piece of swiss chocolate or homemade fudge. tongue.gif

take a small bite and sip a large sip and by turn two your'e making human wave attacks with sharpshooters!!! what fun that is !!!

the only thing that could make it better......well......lets leave that to you're imagination. i think its illegal in most countries. ;)

Besides, Jack = blah. I find it too sweet.

Give me a Maker's Mark or Booker's. Knob Creek's quite good as well.

Edited to say that I'll be sticking a bottle of vodka in the freezer sometime around the 22nd.

[ August 27, 2002, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Chupacabra ]

Andreas, you are a good man. I hoped someone from the tastiest thread of all would revive it.

I am looking to make a special trip on thursday to my purveyor of fine spirits, and am hoping to find a nice bottle of Lagavulin or Talisker and something new for myself . Having to make do right now with a couple fingers of Tullamore Dew (Make note of this Moriarity - it's a fairly tasty Irish spirit, up there with Bushmills and Jameson) while I anticipate the night of the refresh monkeys.

Has anyone tried any of the new "finishes" of Glenmorangie?

Better yet, anyone who has been to the holy land of single malts have advice for a potential tourist?

[ August 27, 2002, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: CrapGame ]

Originally posted by Mike:

Could I have a translation please?

Kvass is the drink of horsemen!!

Rats! ;)

Ok, I was making a reference to Väinö Linna's book the Unknown Soldier, where the soldiers prepare for Mannerheim's birthday by stealing a container from the field kitchen and prepare homemade alcoholic drink called kilju. It's made by fermenting water, sugar, and yeast in its most basic form, but stuff like bits of bread (and nowadays stuff like orange juice) can be added.

Contains ~15% vol., tastes bad, gives a killer hangover. Don't know for sure what kvass is but I think it's something else.

What the hell is kilju in English?

Don't try this at home kids!

Grog question -- Did T-34 brake fluid make for as good a drink as post-war tank hydraulics are said to? If so, were there any preferred mixers, or should it just be drunk with a little umbrella and an olive?

[ August 28, 2002, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: nijis ]

Not only am I a devout coffee addict with an el swizzo coffee maker, but I play really badly after a few alcoholic drinks.

Which means I will usually restrict myself to a near endless stream of cappucinos, unless I'm playing Mace. In that case I don't care about the outcome, and will probably be downing a few Hahn Premiums.

The best Irish whiskey is Tullamore Dew. Bushmills Single Malt isn't worth the extra hard earned cash. Black Bush is a good switch from regular Bushmills. I'll be doing shots of either:

Bad Apfel

- or -

Asbach Uralt

as I watch the Panzers Blitzkrieg across the Russian steppe.

There is a new vanilla flavored shooter called "Das Komet". From the same volks that brought you "Rumpleminz" and "Black Haus".

Remember if you must drink and human wave...drink heavily.

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

There is a new vanilla flavored shooter called "Das Komet". From the same volks that brought you "Rumpleminz" and "Black Haus".

Were these guys drunk or stoned when they came up with the names? Because German it ain't...

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gud:

A big glass of the "good thing" - 3/5 Zubrowka Vodka (that one with grass inside) and 2/5 of apple juice. Yummmm. :D:D

What grass are you using ?</font>