NEWS

Interesting!

Brings back the good old days with WWII, Third Reich etc.. Not to mention the many computer version like Clash of Steel..

Simple as they were I had some of my most enjoyable games ever with those "pan European" games. The allure of serious "what if's" and innovative resource distribution is strong smile.gif

Hope this one turns out well too!

M.

Now before any of you guys flame me, I just want to state that I hope you guys are trying to take on too many projects at once. I mean Strategic Command looks awesome but are there enough programmers to go around and work on these different projects (CMBB, Strategic Command, Airborne Assault) at once? I do have complete faith in Battlefront but was just wondering if you're stretching yourselves thin.

Does Strategic Command look great or what?! I loved Clash of Steel and this looks one hundred times better. You even get to select who to command units!

[ April 18, 2002, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Wally's World ]

Eh, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these two latest additions to the Battlefront line, games that are produced completely independently of BTS?

That is, they have no particular impact on the development of CM:BB, other than some time spent by Steve (?) in working out the on- and off line cooperation.

M.

[ April 18, 2002, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Mattias ]

Not to worry Wally, because you must keep in mind that Battlefront is not BTS. Battlefront is the publishing house, so to speak, that manages the products of multiple software development teams, or in the case of TacOps, one person (commonly known as "The Major"). So, the work on the other products should not interfere with the pace of CMBB in any way.

Wally, no worries there as none of the CMBB team are assigned to Strategic Command (though I did the interface work a while back).

The only real danger to CMBB release date slipping is if any of us start playing these games, hehe. smile.gif A few months ago I would have said that Strategic Command isnt the style of game Id play too much but wow, was I wrong, its one addictive game! You know the sort...Ill just do one more turn and all of a sudden its 2am.

Ive also been lucky enough to have a chance to check out Airborne Assault recently and I think that it will also make a lot of people happy, its great and also very addictive!.

Dan

[ April 18, 2002, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

If BTS is backing this game, that's the best review I could hope to see. I'm definitely going to get it. Never played Clash of Steel, but I'm a cardboard counter wargammer from the old Avalon Hill days. Having it on the computer just takes out the drudery, and means no more messed up games from the cat, etc.

BTW, when can we pre-order? Just thought I'd open that can of worms...

[ April 18, 2002, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: R_Leete ]

Originally posted by McAuliffe:

Yes ! the announcement of the "follow the leade...err...ahum, forget it, nothing to see just carry on.

My heart stopped briefly... damn you! May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits. I believed it for a moment in time.

Maybe a stupid question, but what is Moon talking about ? I opened the link but all what I saw was some publicity for Airborne Assault, a couple of AAR reports, and a company that sells pictures.

Did I miss something ? What is that Strategic Command thing about ?

Originally posted by McAuliffe:

Maybe a stupid question, but what is Moon talking about ? I opened the link but all what I saw was some publicity for Airborne Assault, a couple of AAR reports, and a company that sells pictures.

Did I miss something ? What is that Strategic Command thing about ?

I bet your browser is using an old visit to the page without refreshing. Hit "refresh". Then maybe reset your browser so it "always checks for updates" or somesuch.

First, from the page, it is written by Fury Software, But is it using the "Eiffel" language? Sounds interesting! (sorry my software developer's blood had just jumped a degree)

That does not look like Clash of Steel, or may be the graphics are so notched up.

How hardcore is it gonna be? I see not railroad and I wonder how its supply rules work.

Hi everyone!

Very happy hear to the feedback already, keep your ears peeled for further announcements and don't forget to check out the Strategic Command discussion area for the latest news. I'll be putting together a manual very soon which will be available for download that I hope will answer all your questions.

Hubert Cater

President

Fury Software