Winterized PzIIIH MOD

This is my second mod for CMBB.It is available

at http://cm.cozog.com/ along with my previous

winter mod for Pz38t which I reuploaded.

PzIIIH:

PREVIEW.JPG

Pz38t:

WINTERPZ38T.JPG

Hope you like 'em!

ATTENTION: I'm sorry for the mistake but in the pzIIIH mod a BMP is missing.Please download the PzIIIh(Corrected) version instead.

[ November 13, 2002, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: panzermartin ]

I'm really sorry for the mistake :( .I'm uploading the corrected version right now.Parbellum, thank you for mentioning the

missing BMP.For all of you who have D/L the

mod I'll add the missing BMP as a single file

too for download.Thank you all for your good words and please forgive my mistake :(

Originally posted by panzermartin:

I'm really sorry for the mistake :( .I'm uploading the corrected version right now.Parbellum, thank you for mentioning the

missing BMP.For all of you who have D/L the

too for download.Thank you all for your good words and please forgive my mistake :(

No problem, you did a wonderful job with this mod, the winterized PzIII is one of the best mods I've ever seen for CMBO/CMBB.

Just downloaded the corrected version, all's fine!

Originally posted by panzermartin:

For all of you who have D/L the

Already forgiven, panzermartin ;)

There's just one word for these: AMAZING. Thank you very much for your great work.

Ray

Great mods - love them.

Anyone up to doing 'hasty' winter camo?

The pictures below show (German) vehicles of 6. Panzerdivision in and around Vassiljevka, during 'Winterstorm'. The two T-70 are proper whitewash Soviet tanks.

6.PD had only arrived a very short time before they were thrown into battle, so they probably had neither time nor material to do proper whitewash (there are references to HTs going into battle with no whitewash at all in the book by Scheibert).

winter1.jpg

winter2.jpg

winter3.jpg

winter4.jpg

Originally posted by pixelflesh:

These are beautiful, wil always be looking out for your worlk. One question, aren't the bmps supposed to start w 5, not 6 for winter textures?

No, you have to add 50000 to the 'normal' BMP number. For example, you have the bmp for the side of the PzIII, 12380, then add 50000 and you get 62380.

A big thanks to you guys for your support and your generous comments!

Being a beginner your feedback is the best motivation that I could have to continue my modding work and try harder.A big thanks also

to the great modders out there(Fernando,Gordon Molek and many others) whose work has inspired me in making these mods.You set the standards.

Andreas, these pictures are very interesting.

Hasty white washes were the standard winter camouflage technique during those war days.

Even chalk was used to counter the shortages

of white paint!I will propably try a hasty winter camo mod.It requires some extra work

to produce a good looking model with this

method but it's really worth it.

Hope I'll soon have something new for you all smile.gif

[ November 14, 2002, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: panzermartin ]