I KNEW something looked different...

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

...the identity of the last poster in each thread has been added; nice feature. The fonts seem a bit smaller overall as well.

I think the smaller font is to accomidate your post total </font>

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I take it the sun is up in Merry Olde England?

We don't know what that 'sun' thing is you keep blathering on about. Shurely some European invention?

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Do you have to wait for your complimentary copy of CMAK to ship, OH GREAT BETA TESTER, while it sits on shelves in computer stores near your place of work?!

OH THE DELICIOUS IRONY....

I have the final beta which is pretty much identical, a boardgame with a mate, a life, and CMBB to occupy myself, if I so desire.

if you want to just make fonts bigger on one site, you may want to get the last version of proximitron.

http://www.proxomitron.info/files/index.shtml

after a simple setup, make a new filter that replaces the text

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">sans-serif,">

with

sans-serif,">

<big></pre>

Originally posted by Breakthrough:

In honor of the new Forum settings, I wrote this genuine haiku... Here goes..

I see that some posters are thinking.'

'that the Forum fonts dont need no tinkiring.'

'But the types not too small, and I say to you all,'

'try reading it when youre not drinking......'

Great huh? :cool:

You, sir, are a waste of good oxygen.

Michael

I thought I was a Mac Tech geek

and know all the tricks like

Command =

but I had never heard or seen

of that one before!

thanks

it WORKS!!

Command = it is!

-tom w

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jeffsmith:

Definitely a Font Change

It's a bit too small for my taste. I can get it larger by pressing (Command =), but then then it's too heavy as well.

:(

The other stuff is cool.

smile.gif

Michael </font>

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

I thought I was a Mac Tech geek

and know all the tricks like

Command =

but I had never heard or seen

of that one before!

thanks

it WORKS!!

Command = it is!

It's not so much a Mac trick as an Internet Explorer trick. I would guess that (Alt =) or something works on PCs.

Michael

Let me step in here.

The font size was adjusted down one point but you can easily adjust your browser (IE at least) by holding the control key and using your wheel button on your mouse to change font sizes.

If it really seems too small though I can set it back to what it was before. Doesn't matter much to me.

As to the EDITED line, there is now a 3 minute grace period that you can edit a post without that appearing. If you go back after that time it will still show up.

You seem to have all noticed the new Post Total and Reg. date info now displayed at the bottom of the posts. Just another way that Big Brother can keep an eye on things.

One last change is that you can now see who was the last person to post in the thread summary list and click it to go that post.

Madmatt

p.s. Oh and CMAK is now shipping!

" I can set it back to what it was before. Doesn't matter much to me."

Well if it does not matter all the much to you perhaps you could change it back to the way it was when it was LARGER smile.gif

Thanks

and Thanks for the update on the shipping status

it was not supposed to ship until Dec 5 correct?

so you are early and now filling pre-orders I presume?

Thanks!!

-tom w

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Let me step in here.

The font size was adjusted down one point but you can easily adjust your browser (IE at least) by holding the control key and using your wheel button on your mouse to change font sizes.

If it really seems too small though I can set it back to what it was before. Doesn't matter much to me.

As to the EDITED line, there is now a 3 minute grace period that you can edit a post without that appearing. If you go back after that time it will still show up.

You seem to have all noticed the new Post Total and Reg. date info now displayed at the bottom of the posts. Just another way that Big Brother can keep an eye on things.

One last change is that you can now see who was the last person to post in the thread summary list and click it to go that post.

Madmatt

p.s. Oh and CMAK is now shipping!

Madmatt, the font is too small, even on my 1024x768 screen on my notebook.

The adjustment you mention is not too useful because I open interesting threds in tabs when I'm using my home browser and the adjustment is per-tab.

Why don't you abstain from emitting any font size, that way the browser preference would take over and everybody would be happy?

You gotta ask yourself how long we'll continue to see an actual 'total posts' at the bottom of Dorosh's post.

I imagine that at some time in the not too distant future they'll have to go to some sort of abstraction, the way McDonald's did with their 'number served' notifier.

Sometime next year we can probably look forward to seeing Dorosh's 'date registered', and next to it: "Millions Annoyed"

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Sometime next year we can probably look forward to seeing Dorosh's 'date registered', and next to it: "Millions Annoyed"

Gotta hand it to you Seanachai... more people annoyed and in far fewer posts. Of course Dorosh can get people to actually hate him. You seem to have difficulties in tha area

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Of course Dorosh can get people to actually hate him. You seem to have difficulties in that area

That's just because I'm the 'Nice One'.

And Cabron did hate me. He was just ADD and couldn't stay properly focused. He even spit on me. All he ever did to you was insult the Marine Corps in an awkward and amateurish way.

Of course, he did accuse Dorosh of performing a lewinsky on Uncle Sam, so I guess he hated him the most. No surprises there, of course.