After the Holocaust, the Gods Made the Peng Challenge, to Show the Way They Should Go

Seanachai

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I...I...I just don't think I can go on. All this grief, and then people come on and belittle my best attempt at the rules...deride me yet again for recruiting. It's just too much.

Here, where I'd hoped for some sort of solace, some comfort, I find only derision. I guess an old man should simply retire with his sorrow...

I had thought that you found solace and comfort through derision. How do you make your sorrow retire? Do you force it out of your company early after the twenty years? Do you eliminate its position and then force it to take leave?

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha!!!! I see Leeo is back. Straight from the Pacific Northwest, have they finished cutting down all the trees yet? Now that the Bush Administration has eased all the logging restrictions, that backwater state of yours should look pretty much like Oklahoma by now. After all, we New Yorkers, who actually mean something and contribute to society need toothpicks after we eat our Filet Mignons with red potatoes and pearl onions. So Leeo , when you are able to see all the way to Seattle without an obstruction, send me a set up, it shouldn't be too long now.

Aha!!!! I see Leeo is back. Straight from the Pacific Northwest, have they finished cutting down all the trees yet? Now that the Bush Administration has eased all the logging restrictions, that backwater state of yours should look pretty much like Oklahoma by now. After all, we New Yorkers, who actually mean something and contribute to society need toothpicks after we eat our Filet Mignons with red potatoes and pearl onions. So Leeo , when you are able to see all the way to Seattle without an obstruction, send me a set up, it shouldn't be too long now.

I am totally unimpressed by your pathetic garage band memories, Joe "I'm an Englebert Humperdink wannabe" Shaw. When I was playing and PLAYING for MONEY in a REAL lounge with REAL customers and I was almost literally* dripping with chicks, someone said I sounded JUST like Bobby Colomby of Blood, Sweat & Tears!

No, wait...they said I looked like Bobby Colomby. But that's still a lot closer to rock and roll stardom than you ever saw with your little boy band (I'll bet you all wore the same outfit, too didn't you? Paisley shirts, bell bottoms with wide belts and white dickeys?), Joe "I'm just a stinker in a Rock and Roll band Shaw!

*What does "almost literally" mean, anyway? Is it like real faux fur?

I am totally unimpressed by your pathetic garage band memories, Joe "I'm an Englebert Humperdink wannabe" Shaw. When I was playing and PLAYING for MONEY in a REAL lounge with REAL customers and I was almost literally* dripping with chicks, someone said I sounded JUST like Bobby Colomby of Blood, Sweat & Tears!

No, wait...they said I looked like Bobby Colomby. But that's still a lot closer to rock and roll stardom than you ever saw with your little boy band (I'll bet you all wore the same outfit, too didn't you? Paisley shirts, bell bottoms with wide belts and white dickeys?), Joe "I'm just a stinker in a Rock and Roll band Shaw!

*What does "almost literally" mean, anyway? Is it like real faux fur?

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I played in a band, a ROCK band if you please AND a rock band that was playing in the CLASSIC SIXTIES! That's right, the GOLDEN ERA of Rock N Roll and your Justicar was the Lead Singer and Lead Guitar player for the Thirteenth Hour ... formerly known as the Invaders ... formerly known as the Chaparrals.

So I gather from this rant that your band (of hooligans) actually had three gigs, and that said band sucked so bad you had to change the band's name after each one...

[ September 24, 2004, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: Herr Oberst ]

I played in a band, a ROCK band if you please AND a rock band that was playing in the CLASSIC SIXTIES! That's right, the GOLDEN ERA of Rock N Roll and your Justicar was the Lead Singer and Lead Guitar player for the Thirteenth Hour ... formerly known as the Invaders ... formerly known as the Chaparrals.

So I gather from this rant that your band (of hooligans) actually had three gigs, and that said band sucked so bad you had to change the band's name after each one...

[ September 24, 2004, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: Herr Oberst ]

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

So I gather from this rant that your band (of hooligans) actually had three gigs, and that said band sucked so bad you had to change you name after each one...

Nah, they just couldn't remember the group's name after each gig. Only now they have returned to him in flashbacks...

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

So I gather from this rant that your band (of hooligans) actually had three gigs, and that said band sucked so bad you had to change you name after each one...

Nah, they just couldn't remember the group's name after each gig. Only now they have returned to him in flashbacks...

I played in a band, a ROCK band if you please AND a rock band that was playing in the CLASSIC SIXTIES! That's right, the GOLDEN ERA of Rock N Roll and your Justicar was the Lead Singer and Lead Guitar player for the Thirteenth Hour ... formerly known as the Invaders ... formerly known as the Chaparrals. AND a girl once said I really sang good ... she was drunk at the time but I remember it like it was yesterday.

YES Boo I was singing Rock n Roll along with Janis Joplin, Papa John Phillips, Jimi Hendrix and Roger Miller ... okay maybe not Roger Miller. REAL Rock n Roll Boo ... and a little 1910 Fruitgum Company for the chicks.

Well this explains a lot. It gives an insight to your current condition of forgetfulness and pre-senility.

Middle aged dementia=60's acid dropping, pot smoking, hippie bandmember. Oh yes Joe this certainly explains a lot.

I bet "Fixin' to Die Rag" was one of your favorite songs? You long-haired, bell bottom wearing freak.

I played in a band, a ROCK band if you please AND a rock band that was playing in the CLASSIC SIXTIES! That's right, the GOLDEN ERA of Rock N Roll and your Justicar was the Lead Singer and Lead Guitar player for the Thirteenth Hour ... formerly known as the Invaders ... formerly known as the Chaparrals. AND a girl once said I really sang good ... she was drunk at the time but I remember it like it was yesterday.

YES Boo I was singing Rock n Roll along with Janis Joplin, Papa John Phillips, Jimi Hendrix and Roger Miller ... okay maybe not Roger Miller. REAL Rock n Roll Boo ... and a little 1910 Fruitgum Company for the chicks.

Well this explains a lot. It gives an insight to your current condition of forgetfulness and pre-senility.

Middle aged dementia=60's acid dropping, pot smoking, hippie bandmember. Oh yes Joe this certainly explains a lot.

I bet "Fixin' to Die Rag" was one of your favorite songs? You long-haired, bell bottom wearing freak.

Originally posted by Lars:

I'm almost scared to ask, but what the hey, I'm fearless...

Shaw, what kind of Sixties music drove the Mormon girls wild?

There was this band called "Funkadelic"......

"If you suck my soul.....I will lick your funky emotions" or something like that...it was a long time ago.

Originally posted by Lars:

I'm almost scared to ask, but what the hey, I'm fearless...

Shaw, what kind of Sixties music drove the Mormon girls wild?

There was this band called "Funkadelic"......

"If you suck my soul.....I will lick your funky emotions" or something like that...it was a long time ago.

AND OUR drummer could drop his front tooth on it's retainer ... it made a hell of an impression let me tell you.

Joe

*snigger*.....Joe.....*snigger* *snigger*......I really can't picture you being the lead singer and playing a guitar in a rock band!!!! *snigger*

Did you have hair.....erm.....I mean long hair back then?

And just think of the impression you could make now on the women when you drop out your dentures!!!!

AND OUR drummer could drop his front tooth on it's retainer ... it made a hell of an impression let me tell you.

Joe

*snigger*.....Joe.....*snigger* *snigger*......I really can't picture you being the lead singer and playing a guitar in a rock band!!!! *snigger*

Did you have hair.....erm.....I mean long hair back then?

And just think of the impression you could make now on the women when you drop out your dentures!!!!

You see Seanachai ... I come here to this ... haven, this place of comfort, this community of ours and BARE MY SOUL and what do I get? I get four point five six (4.56) times the derision YOU got but do I complain ... other than this time that is?

Just make sure that your sorrow has joined AARP, that's my suggestion.

As to my band and the MANY derisive remarks:

(g) I got PAID to sing ... people paid me MONEY to sing to them ... not more than once of course but still.

{shamalamadingdong] The name changes were to allow us to more fully express our artistic and musical creativity and to align our identities more closely with our ever expanding repertoire ... also people might give us another gig if we had a different name.

{Carrot and Stick} I forget ...

[i have no idea what drove the Mormon chicks wild, I was in Montana at the time and was trying to drive the farmer's daughters wild ... or at least mild]

Joe

You see Seanachai ... I come here to this ... haven, this place of comfort, this community of ours and BARE MY SOUL and what do I get? I get four point five six (4.56) times the derision YOU got but do I complain ... other than this time that is?

Just make sure that your sorrow has joined AARP, that's my suggestion.

As to my band and the MANY derisive remarks:

(g) I got PAID to sing ... people paid me MONEY to sing to them ... not more than once of course but still.

{shamalamadingdong] The name changes were to allow us to more fully express our artistic and musical creativity and to align our identities more closely with our ever expanding repertoire ... also people might give us another gig if we had a different name.

{Carrot and Stick} I forget ...

[i have no idea what drove the Mormon chicks wild, I was in Montana at the time and was trying to drive the farmer's daughters wild ... or at least mild]

Joe

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I...I...I just don't think I can go on. All this grief, and then people come on and belittle my best attempt at the rules...deride me yet again for recruiting. It's just too much.

Here, where I'd hoped for some sort of solace, some comfort, I find only derision. I guess an old man should simply retire with his sorrow...

I had thought that you found solace and comfort through derision. How do you make your sorrow retire? Do you force it out of your company early after the twenty years? Do you eliminate its position and then force it to take leave? </font>

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I had thought that you found solace and comfort through derision. How do you make your sorrow retire? Do you force it out of your company early after the twenty years? Do you eliminate its position and then force it to take leave? </font>

I played in a band, a ROCK band if you please AND a rock band that was playing in the CLASSIC SIXTIES!

Joe

What Joebob means, is it was the year 60, and they used real rocks. His band was the Neanderathal Five. He had to beat women with his club. His songs included Sabertooth Tiger Rock and Here comes the Sun (for the first time). When he says he got paid, he did, in clams. Literally.

Rune

I played in a band, a ROCK band if you please AND a rock band that was playing in the CLASSIC SIXTIES!

Joe

What Joebob means, is it was the year 60, and they used real rocks. His band was the Neanderathal Five. He had to beat women with his club. His songs included Sabertooth Tiger Rock and Here comes the Sun (for the first time). When he says he got paid, he did, in clams. Literally.

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe

Rune </font>

Originally posted by rune:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe

Rune </font>