After the Holocaust, the Gods Made the Peng Challenge, to Show the Way They Should Go

Seanachai

dalem I shall be arriving in ManyAppleLess sometime Wednesday afternoon ... email requesting further suggestions from you has been sent ... please reply.

All other ManyAppleLess types ... I am arriving ... be a'skeered, be very a'skeered.

Joe

There are time whem the Tyranny of Distance is a wonderfull thing. We shall pray that Joe NEVER gets sent to 'work' in the "International Division".

Noba.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

dalem I shall be arriving in ManyAppleLess sometime Wednesday afternoon ... email requesting further suggestions from you has been sent ... please reply.

All other ManyAppleLess types ... I am arriving ... be a'skeered, be very a'skeered.

Joe

There are time whem the Tyranny of Distance is a wonderfull thing. We shall pray that Joe NEVER gets sent to 'work' in the "International Division".

Noba. </font>

Originally posted by Noba:

Joe

Noba. </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

You should address him formally as 'Famine', or, if you are on familiar terms with him, address him as 'the bastard Emrys.

Famine, that's right. I'm always forgetting which one of the Horsemen he is. I keep thinking maybe, Ennui or Halitosis...

But if you say he's Famine, well... okay.

(Are you sure he's not Annoying Itch In An Embarrasing Area? I mean, it'd be a natural for him.) </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

You should address him formally as 'Famine', or, if you are on familiar terms with him, address him as 'the bastard Emrys.

Famine, that's right. I'm always forgetting which one of the Horsemen he is. I keep thinking maybe, Ennui or Halitosis...

But if you say he's Famine, well... okay.

(Are you sure he's not Annoying Itch In An Embarrasing Area? I mean, it'd be a natural for him.) </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

Joe

Noba. </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

Joe

Noba. </font>

Originally posted by rune:

Oh isn't this special. Mister joebob "the rules don't apply to me" Shaw is going to tell us about the rules. The same person who took away my right of first refusal and took a serf because he was a marine and I was navy.

A Fey and Bah! to you Joebob. Rune

Rune, my dear little lad, you have to remember that 'The Rules' aren't engraved on a stone plinth somewhere. They are simply what the people in charge say they are, and get others to believe they are.

Most of the time the inmates are so hammered that whatever Joe reminds them the Rules 'are', they go with it. This is because, so far as we know, Joe probably is the only one who is carving them on stone tablets somewhere.

All very right and proper.

As to your specific act of being screwed over on a Squire, where Joe claimed precedence because you were Navy, I believe Berli (a former Marine) signed off on it, Peng said: "What? Where's my beer?", and I said "The only song I can remember about the Navy is by the Village People, so bugger the squid, says I, because we're not having that song around here."

The Seniour Knights, many of whom have played Rune scenarios, and suffered through the hideous 6 hour bout of incontinence that normally results upon its completion, raised a rousing chorus of agreement.

Clutch your NDA, stiffen your upper lip, and carry on, laddie.

[ September 30, 2004, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by rune:

Oh isn't this special. Mister joebob "the rules don't apply to me" Shaw is going to tell us about the rules. The same person who took away my right of first refusal and took a serf because he was a marine and I was navy.

A Fey and Bah! to you Joebob. Rune

Rune, my dear little lad, you have to remember that 'The Rules' aren't engraved on a stone plinth somewhere. They are simply what the people in charge say they are, and get others to believe they are.

Most of the time the inmates are so hammered that whatever Joe reminds them the Rules 'are', they go with it. This is because, so far as we know, Joe probably is the only one who is carving them on stone tablets somewhere.

All very right and proper.

As to your specific act of being screwed over on a Squire, where Joe claimed precedence because you were Navy, I believe Berli (a former Marine) signed off on it, Peng said: "What? Where's my beer?", and I said "The only song I can remember about the Navy is by the Village People, so bugger the squid, says I, because we're not having that song around here."

The Seniour Knights, many of whom have played Rune scenarios, and suffered through the hideous 6 hour bout of incontinence that normally results upon its completion, raised a rousing chorus of agreement.

Clutch your NDA, stiffen your upper lip, and carry on, laddie.

[ September 30, 2004, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Lars:

Refulgent? Refulgent!?!?

I had to look that up, you bombastic bastiche.

That's because I'm smarter than you are. On the other hand, you will probably always be better paid than I am. Everything balances out.

It's rather like the fact that women want me, but end up with you.

Life is made up of small injustices that seem to offset each other according to some ineffable plan that won't be made clear to us until we no longer give a good goddamn about it.

Originally posted by Lars:

Refulgent? Refulgent!?!?

That's because I'm smarter than you are. On the other hand, you will probably always be better paid than I am. Everything balances out.

Life is made up of small injustices that seem to offset each other according to some ineffable plan that won't be made clear to us until we no longer give a good goddamn about it.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Refulgent? Refulgent!?!?

Life is made up of small injustices that seem to offset each other according to some ineffable plan that won't be made clear to us until we no longer give a good goddamn about it. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Refulgent? Refulgent!?!?

Life is made up of small injustices that seem to offset each other according to some ineffable plan that won't be made clear to us until we no longer give a good goddamn about it. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Shall YOU be available come Wednesday night? I promise to actually show up this time.

Joe

Yes indeed, Joe, I will be available.

You see, unlike Lars, who has a woman, and Papa Khann, who has a job, and Dalem who has the Political General Forum (which he uses to do to a much larger audience what Lars does to his woman...), I have only one purpose in life: To bring all the joy and merriment I can into lives that would otherwise be shallow, empty and meaningless without me.

As a man who teaches others about Mortgage Banking, and who travels constantly, spending days away from his loving family, you qualify. I know how important it is for you to see me again, and thank me, in person, for how I've filled your otherwise empty existence.

Plus a lot of people here in town are asking me to piss off and fill someone else's life with joy and merriment, as I'm beginning to get to them.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Shall YOU be available come Wednesday night? I promise to actually show up this time.

Joe

You see, unlike Lars, who has a woman, and Papa Khann, who has a job, and Dalem who has the Political General Forum (which he uses to do to a much larger audience what Lars does to his woman...), I have only one purpose in life: To bring all the joy and merriment I can into lives that would otherwise be shallow, empty and meaningless without me.

As a man who teaches others about Mortgage Banking, and who travels constantly, spending days away from his loving family, you qualify. I know how important it is for you to see me again, and thank me, in person, for how I've filled your otherwise empty existence.

Plus a lot of people here in town are asking me to piss off and fill someone else's life with joy and merriment, as I'm beginning to get to them.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe

Plus a lot of people here in town are asking me to piss off and fill someone else's life with joy and merriment, as I'm beginning to get to them. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe

Plus a lot of people here in town are asking me to piss off and fill someone else's life with joy and merriment, as I'm beginning to get to them. </font>