After the Holocaust, the Gods Made the Peng Challenge, to Show the Way They Should Go

Seanachai

aaaOOOOOgah! aaaOOOOOgah! aaaOOOOOgah!

CALLING Jim Boggs, CALLING Jim Boggs ... are ye there then lad?

I tell you lads if we keep ginning up the Bermuda Triangle with hurricanes we may, like the character in "Good Will Hunting," come to his door of a morning and ... he won't be there!

Actually the DOOR may not be there either but that's not the point.

Well done Berli but I don't see any more storms brewing off Africa. If we're to succeed in our mission we can't let up you know. We don't KNOW that Jim Boggs has been swept off to the wilds of Georgia ... we merely hope so at this point.

Joe

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aaaOOOOOgah! aaaOOOOOgah! aaaOOOOOgah!

CALLING Jim Boggs, CALLING Jim Boggs ... are ye there then lad?

I tell you lads if we keep ginning up the Bermuda Triangle with hurricanes we may, like the character in "Good Will Hunting," come to his door of a morning and ... he won't be there!

Actually the DOOR may not be there either but that's not the point.

Well done Berli but I don't see any more storms brewing off Africa. If we're to succeed in our mission we can't let up you know. We don't KNOW that Jim Boggs has been swept off to the wilds of Georgia ... we merely hope so at this point.

Joe

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Philippe:

Too kind, too kind. But don't bother, really, I just had a check-up. Besides, from what I hear you don't have the reach, and we wouldn't want you straining yourself.

No trouble, lad, no trouble at all. And these

wiggling latex enclosed fingers

have saluted Royalty. Now, try and relax, and think of something heroic while I'm doing the 'chanter' fingering for 'Scotland the Brave' on your lower intestine...

Ah, the pipes. How they console us, at moments of loss and pain. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Philippe:

Too kind, too kind. But don't bother, really, I just had a check-up. Besides, from what I hear you don't have the reach, and we wouldn't want you straining yourself.

No trouble, lad, no trouble at all. And these

wiggling latex enclosed fingers

have saluted Royalty. Now, try and relax, and think of something heroic while I'm doing the 'chanter' fingering for 'Scotland the Brave' on your lower intestine...

Ah, the pipes. How they console us, at moments of loss and pain. </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

's see, the first time I worked there I was a Radiology Dept. orderly from Sept. '73 to May of '74.

Translation: I cleaned up bedpans full of barium enema refuse for nine months..

I remember being traded to the ER one day when their regular orderly called in sick and his sub was on vacation. That was an eye opener.)
Translation: It took my boss nearly nine months to come up with a plausible excuse to shuffle me off onto some other unsuspecting department without incurring the wrath of the bean counters.

The second time I was there, I was in the Maintenance Dept. from Sept. '75 to Aug. '76.

Translation: Eventually, I got to wander around various parts of the hospital, repairing toilets and leaky biological waste containers. This was the high point of my otherwise miserable and pathetic life. What do you expect? I AM from Ohio, after all.

Steve

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

's see, the first time I worked there I was a Radiology Dept. orderly from Sept. '73 to May of '74.

Translation: I cleaned up bedpans full of barium enema refuse for nine months..

I remember being traded to the ER one day when their regular orderly called in sick and his sub was on vacation. That was an eye opener.)
Translation: It took my boss nearly nine months to come up with a plausible excuse to shuffle me off onto some other unsuspecting department without incurring the wrath of the bean counters.

The second time I was there, I was in the Maintenance Dept. from Sept. '75 to Aug. '76.

Translation: Eventually, I got to wander around various parts of the hospital, repairing toilets and leaky biological waste containers. This was the high point of my otherwise miserable and pathetic life. What do you expect? I AM from Ohio, after all.

Steve

Originally posted by rleete:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rleete:

Not exactly. One cleans the sinks and toilets, the other just fixes the leaks.

Either way, you're in the bathroom mopping up someone else's mess.

Edit: Trust a damn law-dog to take three paragraphs to say what anyone else can in two sentences! </font>

Originally posted by rleete:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rleete:

Not exactly. One cleans the sinks and toilets, the other just fixes the leaks.

Either way, you're in the bathroom mopping up someone else's mess.

Edit: Trust a damn law-dog to take three paragraphs to say what anyone else can in two sentences! </font>

But I believe I have friends.

I'd like to believe that I am (or could be) your friend. The kind of friend that shaves an eyebrow once you've passed out. The kind of friend who will buy you more liquor when you're three sheets to the wind. The kind of friend who's willing to tell the Ociffer that you "only had a couple drinks, but they hit you hard." The kind of friend who drinks your liquor and pats you on the back for your generosity. The kind of friend who pesters you at your place of work. The kind of friend who shows up drunk, loaded and depressed at your 'pad' when you are entertaining the fairer sex.

I want to be your friend, Seanachai.

In the interest of saving precious bandwidth, I'd also like to take this opportunity to call rleete a complete nob<small> (crappy taunt #6 for those playing the home edition).</small>

But I believe I have friends.

I'd like to believe that I am (or could be) your friend. The kind of friend that shaves an eyebrow once you've passed out. The kind of friend who will buy you more liquor when you're three sheets to the wind. The kind of friend who's willing to tell the Ociffer that you "only had a couple drinks, but they hit you hard." The kind of friend who drinks your liquor and pats you on the back for your generosity. The kind of friend who pesters you at your place of work. The kind of friend who shows up drunk, loaded and depressed at your 'pad' when you are entertaining the fairer sex.

I want to be your friend, Seanachai.

In the interest of saving precious bandwidth, I'd also like to take this opportunity to call rleete a complete nob<small> (crappy taunt #6 for those playing the home edition).</small>

Originally posted by Leeo:

(crappy taunt #6 for those playing the home edition)

Would someone please explain to me how these differ in any way, shape or form from his usual style?

And, just what, exactly, is a "nob"? Is that like a knob that has lost it's friend and leader, Mr.K? If it then loses Mr.N, and becomes "ob", does it also lose any command and leadership bonuses, too? Sounds pretty gamey to me.