After the Holocaust, the Gods Made the Peng Challenge, to Show the Way They Should Go

Seanachai

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I...I...I just don't think I can go on. All this grief, and then people come on and belittle my best attempt at the rules...deride me yet again for recruiting. It's just too much.

Did you honestly expect anything different? Would you have quietly accepted it, if it was?

Here, where I'd hoped for some sort of solace, some comfort, I find only derision. I guess an old man should simply retire with his sorrow...

Our derision is your comfort, you old poop.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I...I...I just don't think I can go on. All this grief, and then people come on and belittle my best attempt at the rules...deride me yet again for recruiting. It's just too much.

Did you honestly expect anything different? Would you have quietly accepted it, if it was?

Here, where I'd hoped for some sort of solace, some comfort, I find only derision. I guess an old man should simply retire with his sorrow...

Our derision is your comfort, you old poop.

Originally posted by rleete:

No it isn't. I'm very amusing in my own way.

See? That's the problem. "In your own way." It brings to mind clowns at children's parties. The ones that even though the kids seem to be laughing, there is a real element of terror in their shrieks.

Those old "golden age of television" shows that when you watch them now, you realize that they aren't that funny and as far as entertainment value goes, the people of the 50's weren't very bright.

Not to mention vaudville.

You are as entertaining as vaudville. The kind of entertainment sophistication where the smiling faces are really just a thin veneer, hiding the almost terminal mortification of "There but for the grace of God, go I." The embarrassment of knowing that the person on stage is of the same species as yourself.

Not that any of us ever have to worry about THAT, when it comes to you.

Originally posted by rleete:

No it isn't. I'm very amusing in my own way.

See? That's the problem. "In your own way." It brings to mind clowns at children's parties. The ones that even though the kids seem to be laughing, there is a real element of terror in their shrieks.

Those old "golden age of television" shows that when you watch them now, you realize that they aren't that funny and as far as entertainment value goes, the people of the 50's weren't very bright.

Not to mention vaudville.

You are as entertaining as vaudville. The kind of entertainment sophistication where the smiling faces are really just a thin veneer, hiding the almost terminal mortification of "There but for the grace of God, go I." The embarrassment of knowing that the person on stage is of the same species as yourself.

Not that any of us ever have to worry about THAT, when it comes to you.

Life is good.

Spring is sprung, etc.

I'm winning all my games.

Mace is courting an Adelaidean/Tasmanian and

Joe is getting it inna fork from everyone.

The last few pages have been quite ex-quisite as Joe blunders and reels from beautifully timed blows. And, an easy target does not in the least detract from the enjoyment.

Noba.

Life is good.

Spring is sprung, etc.

The last few pages have been quite ex-quisite as Joe blunders and reels from beautifully timed blows. And, an easy target does not in the least detract from the enjoyment.

Noba.

Originally posted by Noba:

Life is good.

Spring is sprung, etc.

Noba.

Beatifully timed blows ... from who? Certainly not from any Australian, they don't even have the good sense to be in the same time zones as America.

Joe

p.s. AND water flushes the other way down there ... not that they'd ever notice since the concept of having bathrooms IN THE HOUSE hasn't really caught on yet.

Originally posted by Noba:

Life is good.

Spring is sprung, etc.

Noba.

Beatifully timed blows ... from who? Certainly not from any Australian, they don't even have the good sense to be in the same time zones as America.

Joe

p.s. AND water flushes the other way down there ... not that they'd ever notice since the concept of having bathrooms IN THE HOUSE hasn't really caught on yet.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

You see Seanachai ... I come here to this ... haven, this place of comfort, this community of ours and BARE MY SOUL and what do I get? I get four point five six (4.56) times the derision YOU got but do I complain ... other than this time that is?

Joe

Yeah, that was cool. I've decided to keep posting. I mean, sorrow and grief and whinging about solace and going into a high dudgeon are all great, but nothing beats watching the jackals circle.

That's your entertainment dollar, at it's best, I say!

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

You see Seanachai ... I come here to this ... haven, this place of comfort, this community of ours and BARE MY SOUL and what do I get? I get four point five six (4.56) times the derision YOU got but do I complain ... other than this time that is?

Joe

Yeah, that was cool. I've decided to keep posting. I mean, sorrow and grief and whinging about solace and going into a high dudgeon are all great, but nothing beats watching the jackals circle.

That's your entertainment dollar, at it's best, I say!

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

... artificial insemination, never really understood it...

Well you see. First point is they - the vets - have to "procure" the, er, male reproductive particles. Then this nice man and a long rubber glove sneak up on the poor unsuspecting female donkey. And "WHAMMO" it's done.

Easy.

You'd love the first part.

Noba.