After the Holocaust, the Gods Made the Peng Challenge, to Show the Way They Should Go

Seanachai

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

As for needing a reminder, a bookmark, a touchstone, a keepsake, a memento, a memorial, a relic, a remembrancer, a souvenir, a token, a trophy, a memo, a memorandum, a note, a notice, a hint, an intimation, a suggestion, an admonition...

Just get a brand new thesaurus, did you?

Michael

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

As for needing a reminder, a bookmark, a touchstone, a keepsake, a memento, a memorial, a relic, a remembrancer, a souvenir, a token, a trophy, a memo, a memorandum, a note, a notice, a hint, an intimation, a suggestion, an admonition...

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Patchy:

I just looked up synonyms for Boo......boner, boo-boo, bungle, error, faux pas, fluff, gaffe, impropriety, indecorum, lapse, mistake, slip, solecism, trip.......

yep! That sounds like Boo!

Now that's interesting. Nothing at all about it being used as a scary noise? "When the evil clown jumped up and yelled 'BOO!', Emrys wet himself"

No mention of it being used as a word of derision? "The crowd boo'd as Emrys stepped up to the plate. Causing him to cry and once again, wet himself.)

That's kind of surprising.

Originally posted by Patchy:

I just looked up synonyms for Boo......boner, boo-boo, bungle, error, faux pas, fluff, gaffe, impropriety, indecorum, lapse, mistake, slip, solecism, trip.......

yep! That sounds like Boo!

Now that's interesting. Nothing at all about it being used as a scary noise? "When the evil clown jumped up and yelled 'BOO!', Emrys wet himself"

No mention of it being used as a word of derision? "The crowd boo'd as Emrys stepped up to the plate. Causing him to cry and once again, wet himself.)

That's kind of surprising.

Originally posted by rleete:

Stomped on the 'nads, if there's any justice in this world. One good deed deserves a "kick inna fork", donchaknow.

Steve, those have to be the worst rules ever. How is Old Foul Joe ever to enforce what he can never understand?

You baby bully-er! You stealer of infant's candy. You sucker of other toddler's thumbs. You chaser of bright shiny objects!

Originally posted by rleete:

Stomped on the 'nads, if there's any justice in this world. One good deed deserves a "kick inna fork", donchaknow.

Steve, those have to be the worst rules ever. How is Old Foul Joe ever to enforce what he can never understand?

You baby bully-er! You stealer of infant's candy. You sucker of other toddler's thumbs. You chaser of bright shiny objects!

Originally posted by Leeo:

You baby bully-er!

Never. A cross stare, perhaps. the occasional menacing posture. A bit of intimidation, certainly. But never bullying.

You stealer of infant's candy.

I prefer to think of them as "targets of opportunity".

You sucker of other toddler's thumbs.

Only my own (the left one), thankyouverymuch. The others ones never taste quite right.

You chaser of bright shiny objects!

Actually, I've always prefered a nice matte finish. Although polished brass accents are always a classy touch.

Did you have a point you were trying (failing) to get across?

You baby bully-er!

Never. A cross stare, perhaps. the occasional menacing posture. A bit of intimidation, certainly. But never bullying.

You stealer of infant's candy.

I prefer to think of them as "targets of opportunity".

You sucker of other toddler's thumbs.

Only my own (the left one), thankyouverymuch. The others ones never taste quite right.

You chaser of bright shiny objects!

Actually, I've always prefered a nice matte finish. Although polished brass accents are always a classy touch.

Did you have a point you were trying (failing) to get across?