ROW V

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Redwolf:

Group 4 combat will probably look like a one-month Hiroshima.

BTW, I contacted my group by email to see if anybody insists on roman numbers or appending the text lines backwards or somefink. But I'm glad we talked about it :D

Hey I've got Capt T in there to keep me company. Too damn bad Kingfish would not accept my bribes to put the mighty Flenser in my section. :D

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Now would be a good time to a comm check with your opponents. Work out any details, prefs, toss out a couple of good insults, etc.

First files going out this weekend.

I know that this may be too early too ask this question. But what is the deadline to announce if comm check has not been made. I sent out an email to initiate the first comm check to group 7.

JohnO

Originally posted by JohnO:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kingfish:

Now would be a good time to a comm check with your opponents. Work out any details, prefs, toss out a couple of good insults, etc.

First files going out this weekend.

I know that this may be too early too ask this question. But what is the deadline to announce if comm check has not been made. I sent out an email to initiate the first comm check to group 7.

JohnO </font>

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

I have found that if the attached file becomes part of the email text, if you fowrard the email to yourself the turn will become an attachment. Though I guess this will only work if it is your opponents mail server that screws it up.

R

This is VERY interesting. I'll be trying it out. Thanks for tip, Cpl Carrot!

Group 4,

Let's kill two birds with one stone. As a comms check, send me your unconditional surrender.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

I have found that if the attached file becomes part of the email text, if you fowrard the email to yourself the turn will become an attachment. Though I guess this will only work if it is your opponents mail server that screws it up.

R

This is VERY interesting. I'll be trying it out. Thanks for tip, Cpl Carrot!

Group 4,

Let's kill two birds with one stone. As a comms check, send me your unconditional surrender.

Treeburst155 out. </font>

Originally posted by Nefarious:

I noticed I am in the reserves list will I still be playing? Or am I on Ready 5?

More detailed info on the reserves in a bit. But if the past is any indicator, anybody on the reserve list has a good chance of playing. The key is being able to step in quickly and being able to take over several games in mid-stream.

Serving as a reserve also contributes 'veteran' status, which could be valuable for ROW VI - Space Lobster Island.

Attention Group 10:

Andrew Kulin (aka Ankulin) is having a motherboard replaced and will be out of touch for about a week. He wanted me to let you know (he's one of my regular opponents) that he is definitely in, but will have to have a slightly late start. CombinedArms, I know that you are in that group, so perhaps you can forward this info.

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

While I think of it, on the subject of half squads, it's pretty clear that the designers of the Combat Mission series didn't intend the game to be (ab)used with each capable squad being automatically broken up into a half squad at game commencement. If they did then I'm sure they would have chosen the half squad as the basic infantry sized unit. With this in mind I intend to hopefully come to some agreement with whoever my opponents are that there be no excessive splitting up of squads into half squads with probably a 50% of the force being the rough upper limit. Obviously it's hard to police but I think it would be clear during the game whether such splitting is being abused or not.

Jim R.

And will you also be pre-negotiating all the other gamey things that can be done? No attacking up the sides? No jeep recon? What about Marm-Herr recon? Crew recon?

I certainly wasn't expecting there to be a "negotiation phase" before the battle...

I'm hoping it wont come to that however as it becomes tedious to the point of boredom having to micro-manage twice as many infantry units than the game designers originally intended.

I thought this was a tournament to for people who want play CM. CM has a set of rules. Are we adding more? People who want to play CM usually _like_ giving orders. If you want to minimise your orders time, why don't you play FPS instead?

I might split all my squads in two just to give myself double the enjoyment from each battle :D

GaJ.

Steve, BFC: "If both sides play with all their squads in halves... it is more even, and in some ways a little more realistic."

[ February 03, 2005, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]