3 new CMAK Terrain Mods - WIP ( large pics inside )

Gentlemen,

there seems to be some interest in alternative CMAK terrain bitmaps , so here are a few screenshots of my current work in progress:

" Dirty summer grass "

01.jpg

02.jpg

" Dirty Autumn grass " (subdued version)

03.jpg

04.jpg

" Rocky Terrain "

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Especially the " Rocky Terrain " looks nearly photorealistic ( the pics don´t do it justice )

and should be great for Greece, Crete , Italian

and Yugoslavian scenario types.

Release date ? When it´s done...

The whole thing is at a very early stage.

I´ll keep you informed about the progress.

Cheers

Tom

looks great. are you going to get your site (at the link above) going again?

good to see the artists taking interest in cmak.

i think bfc wanted us to have a cmbo2 all along.

see my screenie for kommerscheidt at my site or in scenario thread.

[ June 29, 2004, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: junk2drive ]

Thanks :cool: Yes , I will breath some new life into my old website in a few days ( if wargamer.com still wants to host the stuff ).I think about a new design and some unique content.

More about that later.

Cheers

Tom

Originally posted by junk2drive:

looks great. are you going to get your site (at the link above) going again?

good to see the artists taking interest in cmak.

i think bfc wanted us to have a cmbo2 all along.

Tom comes out of hiding and unveils this masterpiece! Man, that looks so good, can't wait to try it out! I've been using a modified Magua Normandy grass mod - but I think I just found it's replacement. Great to see you back, good luck with the site too!

Wow, that looks awesome Tom. I'll be looking forward to the release of your terrain mod, thats for sure. Been getting back into CMBB lately, so a mod like this will put me back into CMAK mode. ;)

On that note, hey GJK, where can i dl your terrrain mods for CMBB? Im interested in your textured version seen here. I follow the link to the Proving Grounds but don't see where i can dl it at. Am i missing something here? Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Wow, that looks awesome Tom. I'll be looking forward to the release of your terrain mod, thats for sure. Been getting back into CMBB lately, so a mod like this will put me back into CMAK mode. ;)

On that note, hey GJK, where can i dl your terrrain mods for CMBB? Im interested in your textured version seen here. I follow the link to the Proving Grounds but don't see where i can dl it at. Am i missing something here? Thanks for any help.

I'm not hosting mods at TPG for bandwidth reasons. I'll reupload it to CMMODS, it was lost in his big crash of last year(?). Anyways, it's 19.2mb in size, so quite large.

Edit: I seem to have already uploaded it there (old age). Look under GJK/All/Terrain. Light Grass Final.

Originally posted by GJK:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MeatEtr:

I'm not hosting mods at TPG for bandwidth reasons. I'll reupload it to CMMODS, it was lost in his big crash of last year(?). Anyways, it's 19.2mb in size, so quite large.

Edit: I seem to have already uploaded it there (old age). Look under GJK/All/Terrain. Light Grass Final. </font>

Originally posted by GJK:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Edit: I seem to have already uploaded it there (old age). Look under GJK/All/Terrain. Light Grass Final. </font>

That looks absolutly stunning. It looks so good I just can't imagine why it's a WIP. What on earth do you think should be improved? :eek: :eek:

Will you be keeping tree bases as visible as in the screenies? I hope so, that's the one thing I hated about similar terrain mods, you couldn't tell where one type of terrain started and the other ended.

WOW!!

those Shots REALLY look GREAT

please please keep us all posted on your progress..

thanks smile.gif

-tom w

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

Gentlemen,

there seems to be some interest in alternative CMAK terrain bitmaps , so here are a few screenshots of my current work in progress:

" Dirty summer grass "

Release date ? When it´s done...

The whole thing is at a very early stage.

I´ll keep you informed about the progress.

Cheers

Tom