What is my problem?!

I try to play the AI but I can't. I just love the game vs. humans in PBEM, TCP/IP or hotseat, but everytime I have had a great game against a human opponent and start up an AI game I loose interest after about 1 turn. Is this common? What is my problem?

I solve this problem by playing a hotseat game against myself while drinking moonshine, a shot after each turn (Yes Sergei it will be in CMX2, :eek: you can thin the oil in the motor with it and get an extra 30hp... oh wait thats my pickemuptruck :( ) ... by the 8th turn the AI is looking pretty good to play, at least better then my hotseat opponent... or at least better then the inflatable doll :D

-FR

Now to sumfink real...

a) Give the AI a huge bonus,

B) never play MEs vs the AI (you will reach the flags before him easily)

and

c) Play scenarios designed vs for play the AI.

And of course you are not allowed Uber-Tanks vs the AI. Use Marders instead.

Gruß

Joachim

Originally posted by Europa:

I try to play the AI but I can't. I just love the game vs. humans in PBEM, TCP/IP or hotseat, but everytime I have had a great game against a human opponent and start up an AI game I loose interest after about 1 turn. Is this common? What is my problem?

I don't know if it's common, but I have the very same problem. I can't even manage to complete a setup for a one player game. Playing against the AI just seems completely pointless to me. After experiencing the interaction with a human opponent and the head-to-head competition, there's no going back. At least not for me. :D:D

[ July 16, 2004, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Europa:

I don't know if it's common, but I have the very same problem. I can't even manage to complete a setup for a one player game. Playing against the AI just seems completely pointless to me. After experiencing the interaction with a human opponent and the head-to-head competition, there's no going back. At least not for me. :D:D </font>

Originally posted by Europa:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Europa:

I don't know if it's common, but I have the very same problem. I can't even manage to complete a setup for a one player game. Playing against the AI just seems completely pointless to me. After experiencing the interaction with a human opponent and the head-to-head competition, there's no going back. At least not for me. :D:D </font>

Ha ha ha back to marders again. Yes they do make for a challenge, even against the AI.

I agree that it is way more fun playing against a human. I try to take junky equipment and give the AI lots of extra guys to compensate.

On the attack if you pick a scenario designed for playing vs AI AND you leave the defenders where they were assigned by the designer often it can be a decent challenge. Good designers (better than me) pick equipment that the AI doesn't have much trouble with like AT guns, pillboxes, dug in infantry, etc... the AI does suck on the attack, can't mount trucks, and is terrible with artillery.

in my opinion AI completely ruins the atmosphere and game. its too predictable and easy to exploit. I watched my cousin, a fairly big newbie, completely decimate enemy AI just by knowing how it would react.

the game was made for human vs human, no doubt about it. i dont think there will ever be AI advance enough to handle this type of game and be 'human' like, due to all the variability of situation.

"i'm just going to erase it from my mind with this nice bottle of tequila...nice tequila" --Corvidea

Don't tell Mom, but can we discuss tequila here? I'm sitting here in China sucking down some strange brands ("El Camina" and "Conquistador"--anyone ever hear of these brands? The latter is better than the former)of tequila. The best brand I can find here in the PRC is Sauza--silver. Man do I long for a bottle of "Hussong's" or Dos Reales Platos"! So, out of curiosity, what ARE your favorite brands of tequila (please DON'T say "Cuervo"--any brand--NONE of my friends south of the border EVER touch that poison)?

Now back to the topic: some battles and ops do exist with decent AI. I hate to admit it, but I STILL cannot beat the AI in "The Road to Sevastopol". Sometimes the AI seems to laugh at my HE fire on their guns, bogs--then immobilizes my tanks (usually the HQ), or gives my best tank a "Gun damage" result with frequency! :mad: The main problems I find are that the AI cannot attack well and have a problem setting up well in ops. I do a lot of PBEM but it gets disappointing playing one turn, get excited (or pissed off) then wait a few hours--or the next day for the next turn. I haven't tried TCP/IP yet. So, playing against the AI is still a fun way to kick back, get a buzz, piss off the wife (I guess I'd better watch out, lest I'll be asking you guys for good brands of rubber dolls ;);) ), and waste away the whole day, then go to bed with dancing eyeballs from the eyestrain!

Life is good. :mad:

"i thought you were chinese. my buddies used to bring me meszcal from baja that was preety good."--junk2drive

Woke up, where am I...Oh yeah...

Nope, actually my father was born in Lithuania and my mother's side is Ukrainian. I've been teaching broken English (sank you wery mush) here for almost three years--and love it! My wife is Chinese, sort of explains things, doesn't it. ;)

Speaking of Mezcal, I wonder how many people realize that only Mezcal has the worm in the bottle--not tequila.

Originally posted by Dave H:

After experiencing the interaction with a human opponent and the head-to-head competition, there's no going back. At least not for me.

When would that have been? You only play Goodalers. Human opponents must be as mythical to you as the Greek Gods...

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

After experiencing the interaction with a human opponent and the head-to-head competition, there's no going back. At least not for me.

When would that have been? You only play Goodalers. Human opponents must be as mythical to you as the Greek Gods... </font>