I Name the New 10th Planet Peng! And Challenge You to Dispute Me!

dalem and OGSF,

My sympathies also... having lost my dog this year who we had for 12 years, i understand it is like losing one of the family...but unlike here, one we actually like.

In other news.... since Joebob mocked House Rune, i have to choice but to post one of the first photographs ever taken. Joebob was a young lad when the camera was invented, and after having this picture taken, which almost broke the glass negative, it was deemed appropriate not to take more photos of him.

Without further ado,,,

Joebob's picture

Rune

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by OGSF:

A nod o' mae haid tae ye all. Thanks fer tha keend thoughts. Hard times, boot Ah am consoled wi' tha memories o' hoo many o' ye feckless gits she beat ain a PBEM ye thought ye were playin' agin mae.

I believe it was the Bard himself (not Seanachai but Burns*) that said...

As wee little consolation as it might be,

The diff'rence 'tween a dog an' a woman

Is that when thae dog is dear' departed,

Only the good memories remain...

No lingering memories of late night spats, no doubts about fidelity or resentments about conditional feelings, just the good stuff.

Unless, of course, you watch Will Ferrel's "best of" DVD and the dog training ad...yikes.

<font size=0>

* or maybe just some drunk guy at the Fox and Firkin *shrugs*</font>

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

And you thought it would be that easy to get rid of me. Now that I'm done canoeing through Montana, I can go back to my usual business of being snidely irritating from the sidelines.

Nonsense, you were not gone, you were simply fulfilling your first quest - to show up Sturmy by doing absolutely nothing. You must understand, lad, that we know much more than you ever could about what you were actually doing. Now keep that stupified look on your face and get back to your quest.

Originally posted by v42below:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by juan_gigante:

And you thought it would be that easy to get rid of me. Now that I'm done canoeing through Montana, I can go back to my usual business of being snidely irritating from the sidelines.

Nonsense, you were not gone, you were simply fulfilling your first quest - to show up Sturmy by doing absolutely nothing. You must understand, lad, that we know much more than you ever could about what you were actually doing. Now keep that stupified look on your face and get back to your quest. </font>

Originally posted by Speedy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

That's two of the Pooches of the Pool I've met ... and now both are gone.

If we ever needed proof that Joe is cursed here it is.

DON'T LET HIM INTO YOUR HOMES PEOPLE!!!</font>

Originally posted by juantita:

Now that I'm done canoeing through Montana, I can go back to my usual business of being snidely irritating from the sidelines.

So, which one of these dwights is you then? I'm going to guess the fat guy with a hat.

211602.jpg

Oh, and did not that hurt?

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

Pity you weren't canoeing in Queensland.

Noba.

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by juan_gigante:

Pity you weren't canoeing in Queensland.

Noba. </font>

That not did hurt, for I am the one without the sleeves, second from right. I've always had a thing for leather and muttonchops.

I have always sort of suspected that Australia was some sort of practical joke played on the world by a bunch of Brits. "Hey, what if we can make everyone believe that there is a big island in the South Pacific that we live on?" Honestly, I've never actually seen evidence that it really exists. And if we can use that logic to disprove evolution, I think we can certainly apply it to Australia.

Originally posted by Speedy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

That's two of the Pooches of the Pool I've met ... and now both are gone.

Joe

If we ever needed proof that Joe is cursed here it is.

DON'T LET HIM INTO YOUR HOMES PEOPLE!!! </font>

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

That's sort of like reminding people to breathe.

Of course, with Boo Radley around, a gentle reminder is probably a good idea . . .

Steve

You mean like the gentle reminder my doughty Brits laid upon your dug in Nazis when I whupped you all over your African mountaintop?

Remember WHUP! to never WHUP!! underestimate WHUP!!! BOO RADLEY WHYPWHUPWHUPWHUPWHUP!!!!!